• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The AP has reported that U.S. Congress reconvened today, Monday, June 1 and apparently Mitch McConnell read into the Senate record the names of black people who have died at the hands of the police:

apnews.com

Congress confronts dual crises of protests, virus outbreak

Congress has convened while confronting protests outside its door, and across the nation, over the treatment of black people in the United States.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Congress convened Monday with protests outside its door and across the nation, the Capitol already struck by the COVID-19 outbreak now confronting a deepening crisis over the treatment of black people in the United States.

The civil unrest over the death of George Floyd at the hands of police combined with the coronavirus pandemic that's disproportionately striking African Americans sparked an urgent plea for understanding from some leaders as the world watches a nation in turmoil.

Notably, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell read into the Senate record the names of black people who have died at the hands of the police. George Floyd. Ahmaud Arbery. Breonna Taylor.

"To me," McConnell, R-Ky., said in a speech in the Senate chamber, and to "millions of outraged Americans, these disturbing events do not look like three isolated incidents. They look more like the latest chapter in our national struggle to make equal just and equal protection under the law a fact of life for all Americans."

House and Senate lawmakers swiftly began drafting legislation to address police violence and confront the inequities facing black Americans
. Sen. Cory Booker, D-N.J., proposed a sweeping overhaul of law enforcement procedures. Rep. Barbara Lee, D-Calif., pushed to establish the first U.S. Commission on Truth, Racial Healing, and Transformation, backed by a civil rights icon, Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga. House Democrats, working from home from because of health risks convening during the pandemic, met over a lengthy conference call on next steps.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Idontbelieveyou.gif

That unbelievable Mitch McConnell quote is the real headline here.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Jesus even McConnell's human skin suit of fake empathy is better than Trump's.

Are we sure he isn't like a cylon or something?

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
"They look more like the latest chapter in our national struggle to make equal just and equal protection under the law a fact of life for all Americans".

"And that's why I'll do my best to ensure those laws aren't passed and my people stay on top".

Pickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dont believe his lies, fuck moscow mitch, you know there's a double edge to it.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Make no mistake. Mitch McConnell is forced to admit what we have loudly demonstrated to him that we already know. Where he will come into play is deciding what the solution will be. His solution will be more of a nothingburger than anything else.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
apparently Mitch McConnell read into the Senate record the names of black people who have died at the hands of the police:
maxresdefault.jpg

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Empty thoughts and prayers from the Turtle.
Probably felt obligated after David McAtee was shot dead in his state last night.
This was lip service for his KY constituents so he can bullshit them that he gives a damn.
His Senate term is up this November after all. He needs their votes. Gotta fake empathy a little for that.

Oct 27, 2017
If he's doing this it's likely a play. Either sees the walls crumbling around Trump and needs an out. Or more likely, lip service.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
Omg in the span of less than two weeks guy has said two things that didn't make me vomit (he asked people to wear a mask not long ago)

Edit: Make that 3 things. He said that cop who looked Floyd looks to be guilty

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
House and Senate lawmakers swiftly began drafting legislation to address police violence and confront the inequities facing black Americans.
And I'm sure Mitch Mcconell will work vigilantly to make sure nothing worthwhile makes it past his chamber.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Clearly self preservation on Mitch to try and keep at least a senate majority in November, or broken clock being right twice a day.

CrabDust

Nov 16, 2017
Ah, this is the distancing phase of McConnell's plan. Trump has always been a shit shield for him to pack the courts, pass tax cuts for the wealthy, and pad his own pockets. Now he's trying to have his cake and eat it too.

JackSwift

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't know why, but I pictured him reading the names, then pausing to smirk at his colleagues before he continued.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
I've seen some politician's on tv saying the right things the past couple of days, but what is troubling me is I haven't heard anything about what they are going to do fix the injustice and inequality that people of color face in America. I understand a lot of shit is happening right now, but has ANYONE said they've even formed a committee to begin coming up with a plan? How do we move forward and fix this? The people have been protesting for days and demand change. We don't want lip-service. We want actual change.

onyx

Dec 25, 2017
Mitch is the "I want more Black people locked up to feed the billion dollar prison system" kind of racist. Plus he is facing a tougher election and need to score as many points on both sides as possible before Nov.