• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
I'm surprised he's doing this but never looked into the Hunter Biden stuff or the whole Obama and Biden spying on Trump thing. If I were a total fascist trying to rig an election, I would have played up both of those investigations and had them be incredibly public with the end result being an arrest for Biden. Not to mention I would have rigged the Postal Service in late September/early October to prevent those ballots from being processed in time. Looking into this "election fraud" is pointless at this juncture because it's already far to late for there to be any reasonable change due to the fraud not actually happening.

Let's just say I am incredibly glad that Trump and his team are far too fucking stupid to properly steal the election away and kill democracy, but at the same time it's almost fucking embarrassing to watch this clown show. America truly is the laughing stock of the world right now

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
All of this is still scary because they're effectively eroding trust in this election.

I feel democratic leadership needs to come out much stronger. These republicans with president without trump benefit from the discord that's being sowed.

I'm scared as hell y'all

They can erode trust all they want. A big reason trump won is because many americans do not trust the GOvt and for good reason (evidence to back this up is rampant, like 911 for example.)

WHat they can't do is, well, prove anything as far as MASSIVE organized election fraud.

Thats their biggest problem.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

wonder if this is the kinda "evidence" of wrongdoing they are gonna be getting.

Mar 3, 2019
ya'll way too calm about this tbh

Agreed. For everything Trump has attempted and telgraphed, people just keep making the same mistakes with trusting our system in place to keep him in check. He is literally the outlier in our history of presidents, who has shown he has no morals. He will do literally whatever it takes to keep himself in power. His propaganda efforts will mobilize his base into whatever teerrible thing he has planned ahead to keep from going to jail.

walkinfast

Aug 24, 2019
I feel like this is more setting up for Trump or Trump Jr. 2024 than expecting to actually overturn the election. Get the Republicans riled up, mad that Biden "stole" the election, and then reap the rewards in the 2022 and 2024 elections.

Actually this is more theatrics so Trump can continue to fundraise off his gullible base for the next 2 months.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
Agreed. For everything Trump has attempted and telgraphed, people just keep making the same mistakes with trusting our system in place to keep him in check. He is literally the outlier in our history of presidents, who has shown he has no morals. He will do literally whatever it takes to keep himself in power. His propaganda efforts will mobilize his base into whatever teerrible thing he has planned ahead to keep from going to jail.
If Biden and co. wasn't ready for this they are idiots.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
All of this is still scary because they're effectively eroding trust in this election.

I feel democratic leadership needs to come out much stronger. These republicans with president without trump benefit from the discord that's being sowed.

I'm scared as hell y'all

The only ones losing trust in the election is Republicans.

If this means that Trump convinces MAGA heads that elections are "rigged" and it depresses their turnout in the future (like the Georgia runoffs), I'm all for it.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017

If this means that Trump convinces MAGA heads think all elections are "rigged" and it depresses their turnout in the future (like the Georgia runoffs), I'm all for it.

Right, its like the moron forgot what he did to mail in voting and his people.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
Trump is livid and will do any and everything that he can to make our next two months he'll. Don't take this shit lightly.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Let these rat fucks stop right wing from wanting to vote. Get the two senate seats then go crazy to ensure the GOP never holds office again.

Sleve McDichael

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I'm not actually convinced most Republicans believe the election was rigged.
I think that's the lie they're telling themselves so they feel better. Like when your sports team loses, you see all the imaginary penalties that the refs didn't call.

Nov 2, 2017
This is all leading to a future Trump arrest. If I was a fly on those walls.

Who do you think is going to be carrying out that arrest? Trump's moving to make sure he stays in control of federal law enforcement.

More people need to be paying attention to this post:

There isn't a manager to call on Trump. The closest thing the system has is a Supreme Court packed with enough votes to rule in his favor, law be damned. You cannot really even count on the courts to be an obstacle here, even on the lower level with how many judges McConnell has rammed through whose only qualification is "they're loyal Republicans".

The rules can say what they say, what it is going to come down to is "what if The Rules get disregarded?".

If Biden and co. wasn't ready for this they are idiots.

Joe Biden's competency is not a thing I really want to rest the future of democracy upon. Especially with him being of the lineage of the party that stood by and watched an election get stolen in front of them but haven't seemed to have learned a damn thing from it.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
Who do you think is going to be carrying out that arrest? Trump's moving to make sure he stays in control of federal law enforcement.

There isn't a manager to call on Trump. The closest thing the system has is a Supreme Court packed with enough votes to rule in his favor, law be damned. You cannot really even count on the courts to be an obstacle here, even on the lower level with how many judges McConnell has rammed through whose only qualification is "they're loyal Republicans".

The rules can say what they say, what it is going to come down to is "what if The Rules get disregarded?".

Joe Biden's competency is not a thing I really want to rest the future of democracy upon. Especially with him being of the lineage of the party that stood by and watched an election get stolen in front of them but haven't seemed to have learned a damn thing from it.
So what are you suggesting? Pay attention? Check. Take it seriously. Check. Now what?

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The truth of all of this is hatbox Donald Trump is giving a middle finger to every single American. Even those that voted for him.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017

States like New York are salivating at the prospect of prosecuting Trump's ass after he leaves the White House and he loses the legal protections of the President. Why do you think he's going to such lengths to contest the election and not concede?

FerDS

Oct 27, 2017
Caracas

is this why all trumps campaign's lawsuits about the election have been so successful?

Nov 2, 2017
So what are you suggesting? Pay attention? Check. Take it seriously. Check. Now what?

There's a good reason that unions have been trying to organize a general strike should Trump not leave office willingly.

If it comes to that, we're going to have to shut down all labor and demonstrate up to and including riots. The daily routine must be uprooted and not allowed to continue operating as if things were normal.

I'm not saying you gotta start right this second, but no one should be writing this off as "eh, it's fine, The System has this one covered". The threat of Trump is over the minute he abdicates power and not one moment sooner. People have to make some plans and think about what they will do if he's not willing to do that, not just assume that it'll sort itself out.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017

If this means that Trump convinces MAGA heads that elections are "rigged" and it depresses their turnout in the future (like the Georgia runoffs), I'm all for it.

This is going to have do long term damage. Republicans are breaking America, trying to hold power after losing a democratic election, and are just going full on fascist.

Sketchsanchez

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's a good reason that unions have been trying to organize a general strike should Trump not leave office willingly.

If it comes to that, we're going to have to shut down all labor and demonstrate up to and including riots. The daily routine must be uprooted and not allowed to continue operating as if things were normal.

I'm not saying you gotta start right this second, but no one should be writing this off as "eh, it's fine, The System has this one covered". The threat of Trump is over the minute he abdicates power and not one moment sooner. People have to make some plans and think about what they will do if he's not willing to do that, not just assume that it'll sort itself out.
This

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I feel like this is a play to subpoena Dems for whatever they deem suitable for their "investigation" but really just to get as much shit as they can rather than just some lark.

DonnieTC

Apr 10, 2019
Basically what I think is going to happen is they're not going to find widespread voting fraud. They may find a few instances (mostly probably mistakes and not intentional voter fraud) but that's what they're hoping for. They want to find any case...at least one case so they can point and go AHA, VOTER FRAUD...IF WE FOUND THIS WHAT ELSE IS THERE?! The investigations will end and they'll use this to hammer Biden as an "illegitimate" President and a "stolen" election as a way to hinder actual unity and progress for the Biden administration.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
(AG is literally carrying out a coup) Haha it's so funny that they're stealing the election and taking over the country after losing, I am laughing
Not what I said but if you want to start imagined fights with posters here go ahead.