• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
As someone unfamiliar with this and its anime adaptation: is this any good?

I know it's been out on PC in English for a while and pqube usually make solid picks, but any impressions?

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
What a bizarre world we live in where Sony is more draconian on this content than Nintendo.

Odd that they can't detail the changes in more specific terms though - pretty sure ATLUS were upfront with screens of altered content for Dungeon Travelers and Uta: Mask of Deception for example.

Was buying for Switch in any case.

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
The publisher added that because of these changes, it made the decision not to release a physical edition for PlayStation 4 as it expected "significantly less interest once it became clear that the content is altered."

Oh, come on now...

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
What a bizarre world we live in where Sony is more draconian on this content than Nintendo.

Odd that they can't detail the changes in more specific terms though - pretty sure ATLUS were upfront with screens of altered content for Dungeon Travelers and Uta: Mask of Deception for example.

Was buying for Switch in any case.
Atlus was up front about it because the changes were due to ratings boards having issues with them, they were before Sony's vague new "policies." Sony doesn't allow publishers to disclose anything about what they've been told to change according to what people have said. People are going to go through and compare anyway once it releases, so it's not like they're gonna be able to hide it.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Atlus was up front about it because the changes were due to ratings boards having issues with them, they were before Sony's vague new "policies." Sony doesn't allow publishers to disclose anything about what they've been told to change according to what people have said.

Ah, good point, had forgotten that was ratings-based.

is this the first VN in the West to get Sony-mandated changes on PS4?

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017

PQube mentioned that they're having to rework the PS4 version due to removal of scenes and CGs, that they don't think it's worth making a retail print for the PS4 port since there'll be less interest in that particular version, it's been delayed indefinitely while the Switch port comes out in two weeks. It's all bad news, I wouldn't be surprised if they cancelled the PS4 release just like they did with the Switch port for Song of Memories.

Refyref

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PQube mentioned that they're having to rework the PS4 version due to removal of scenes and CGs, that they don't think it's worth making a retail print for the PS4 port since there'll be less interest in that particular version, it's been delayed indefinitely while the Switch port comes out in two weeks. It's all bad news, I wouldn't be surprised if they cancelled the PS4 release just like they did with the Switch port for Song of Memories.
I didn't know they delayed the PS4 version, but they're still advertising it as recently as today, so there's no reason to think that it's cancelled.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
The Switch version is out today in North America and Europe. The physical print might be really low, I'd suggest picking up a copy sooner rather than later for those interested.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Can't really afford it at the moment so might take the gamble and assume it will end up cheap much like other recent pqube releases.

Any reason to think the print run is smaller than, say, Raging Loop or Kotodama?

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Can't really afford it at the moment so might take the gamble and assume it will end up cheap much like other recent pqube releases.

Any reason to think the print run is smaller than, say, Raging Loop or Kotodama?

It's been showing as "sold out" in a few retailers, it's also not available in all of the usual suspects I think.

MrBanballow

Not changing this tag
May 1, 2019
Picked my copy up after work today. Still working my way through the latest Flowers on PC, but this is up next.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I think VGP is the last store with copies available online, at least NA copies. Make sure to use PayPal, though.