• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 60096

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 20, 2019
I get sick when I still see some people say they wont vote in the election because Bernie's not in it, the whole world literally is at stake here. Get that monster out the white house. Good on AOC for saying this.
You do realise that there are more reasons for why people might not want to vote at all or only want to vote downballet in the election besides Bernie not being the democratic candidate right?

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad the most influential progressive voices aren't letting a problematic candidate get in the way of unseating a monster.

It sucks that voting Biden is the only moral thing here, but it IS the only moral thing.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You do realise that there are more reasons for why people might not want to vote at all or only want to vote downballet in the election besides Bernie not being the democratic candidate right?
Obviously. But the fact that Biden wants to compromise on certain policies, and Im sure he is smart enough to choose a running mate that resonates with Sanders base, I think people should be thinking ahead and supporting him as the democratic nominee.

Fact is... voting any other candidate IF you oppose Trump is a waste.
So... if you want Trump out, vote Biden.
If assholes want Trump in, you bet they put their differences aside and will keep him in.

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see what "fine point" people infer from this, but I'm not surprised by her choice, and far be it from me to moralize people's personal voting choice on Biden one way or the other.

Deleted member 60096

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
Obviously. But the fact that Biden wants to compromise on certain policies, and Im sure he is smart enough to choose a running mate that resonates with Sanders base, I think people should be thinking ahead and supporting him as the democratic nominee.

Fact is... voting any other candidate IF you oppose Trump is a waste.
So... if you want Trump out, vote Biden.
If assholes want Trump in, you bet they put their differences aside and will keep him in.
Even if he does compromise, and picked a running mate that the left actually liked, that still doesn't make him less of a rapist which is what I was actually trying to point out rather than issues with policy. I'm not american so I can't vote in this election either way but if it was policy that was the issue I'd vote for him if I could even if I had to hold my nose to do it, but him being a rapist is just a line I wouldn't be able to cross and I wish people on here respected that other people who feel the same aren't insane or immoral because of their principles

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
She also said this in her interview with the NYT The Daily podcast last week.

AOC is not a moron and she's also a smart politician. This is an obvious decision for her, but I think she's more willing to play the political game than some of her most ideological supporters think she is. Watching her over these last 2 years, especially in the last 6-9 months she's shown a willingness to lead and negoatiate, which is something that more ardent ideological supporters of hers typically use to discount other Democrats. As she's moves into more positions of democratic leadership in time, I can see her being perceived as someone like Nancy Pelosi -- the most progressive speaker of the house since the New Deal, but one who some stalwarts feel abandoned by because of her passion in passing legislation, not just being ideological.

I like AOC a lot.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She understands what's at stake. It's a shame she'll be vilified by the "real progressives."

Who is shaming her? There are legitimate reasons to vote for Biden, namely getting Trump out. No one is mad at her for saying she'll vote for him.

Hell, AOC created a PAC solely to primary establishment democrats for more progressive choices in the congress. That's far more direct action than Bernie ever did in his presidential run.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Expected really, it's a shame that the left always seems to move to the center come election time, ah well, just hope if Biden wins he doesn't go too right leaning.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (2 weeks): Inflammatory accusation
AOC isn't dumb of course she is. Anything other than a vote for Joe Biden is a vote for Donald Trump.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
8C6Og6cl.jpg

Spine_Ripper

Oct 25, 2017
The "Squad" member is in discussions with the Biden campaign, finding places in which the progressive congresswoman shares common ground with the former vice president in an effort to unify the party to win back the White House.

...it took me til the very end of the sentence to realize the "Squad" being referenced here was not the Terror Squad.

Deleted member 2834

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not exactly a hard choice is it. There is so much on the line and one candidate is 1000x worse than the other.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
It's bigger in the sense that Trump would get his most evil done in the second four years.
Oh he's gonna get his most evil done in the lame duck session when he loses.

I get what you're saying, mind, and he'd be far worse in his second term than he has been in his first, but I'm just saying either outcome could have been avoided if we stopped him out the gate four years ago.

My original post, however was more in regards to the capability of the candidates (not necessarily the likeability because Biden has Clinton beat there)

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Expected really, it's a shame that the left always seems to move to the center come election time, ah well, just hope if Biden wins he doesn't go too right leaning.
He was Obama's VP for heaven sakes, and he's already said he'll have Sanders' input on his policies. You can take that with a grain of salt if you want, but you know for damn sure there's at least a chance he'll be guided to the left, as opposed to none whatsosever with Trump.

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who is shaming her? There are legitimate reasons to vote for Biden, namely getting Trump out. No one is mad at her for saying she'll vote for him.

Hell, AOC created a PAC solely to primary establishment democrats for more progressive choices in the congress. That's far more direct action than Bernie ever did in his presidential run.
Definitely, AOC's works will do more talking for her.
8a423e50-839e-11ea-abc7-a99317c9fdc9_800_420.jpeg

This ain't the hallmark of the typical bourgeois democrat.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017

Probably the likes of Briahna Gray and the other shouters who turned on AOC (however briefly) when she tweeted something positive about Warren.

dapperbandit

Oct 30, 2017
Finding "common ground" with the Biden campaign presumably involves finding out what he actually stands for besides being the other guy.

Deleted member 6230

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not surprising. She always said she'll for the Democratic nominee. However this isn't necessarily an endorsement of his campaign yet.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
I can hope that a lot of people can kindly shut the fuck up regarding the criticisms of both herself and Bernie.
You will get people jumping against her now on era because of this. Frankly like its been said...whatever it takes. If you can stomach 4 more years of trump...more power to you I guess.

Edit: I'll say that if she can nudge him a bit more left, that would be great for us all.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
Good for her and I hope these negotiations or whatever work out for the best. Just as long as she knows regressive corporate beholden dinosaurs like Biden will pull that football up with the quickness whenever they feel they've gotten enough use out of you.

Probably the likes of Briahna Gray and the other shouters who turned on AOC (however briefly) when she tweeted something positive about Warren.

Bernie dropped out 2 weeks ago. We already know what she thinks of progressives who endorse Biden.

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
It was bigger four years ago. Still a chasm now, but certainly not as spacious as the one presented before.

I see it differently because of Coronavirus and how Trump has done as president. Before I was going off of what he could possibly do, now I know he's a criminal and he's done a lot of what he said and more plus the virus is a new threat that he has mishandled completely.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
I have to imagine most people are "anti-Biden" to some variable extent on this forum regardless if they're voting for him or not
I imagine most aren't. We have a very vocal minority out for blood, but by and large, most are aware that Bernie was realistically not going to get the nomination, and this is the best realistic shot of taking down Trump.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sad Bernie lost the nomination, but I do think Biden has a vastly better chance than, say, Hillary did 4 years ago.

"Terrible" would have been Buttigieg, not someone who's been VP and actually knows how to run a country in a democratic manner.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
I have to imagine most people are "anti-Biden" to some variable extent on this forum regardless if they're voting for him or not
I would imagine most people here who will vote for Biden will do so not because of who he is but because this election is bigger than Biden himself.

Also people jumped on Warren when she endorsed Biden. So is it hard to imagine people will do so once AOC does?

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, Trump just suggested that people inject themselves with bleach to cure Covid-19.

He simply has to go.

Deleted member 6230

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There seems to be some weird undercurrent going on in this thread where it's obstensibly about one thing but people are angling at discussing something almost entirely different.

Not as much as you'd need if Trump got reelected, put things in perspective.
Yeah we all want trump the fuck up out the paint. Doesn't mean folks have to be satisfied with Biden