• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While she's always said she'll support the Democratic nominee, today on an Instagram Live chat with rapper Fat Joe is the first time she's stated explicitly that she'll be voting for Joe Biden.

The "Lean Back" rapper asked AOC if this was the first time she was revealing to the public what she planned to do when she filled out her ballot.

"I mean, I've been saying this whole time that we got to support the Democratic nominee," she said, adding, "This is the time where I'm saying it declaratively like this."

As for when she will make a formal endorsement, that remains unclear.

The "Squad" member is in discussions with the Biden campaign, finding places in which the progressive congresswoman shares common ground with the former vice president in an effort to unify the party to win back the White House.

Ocasio-Cortez told Politico last week that her aides were "having conversations with Biden's team" in order to "figure out what some of these policy conversations will [be] looking like" as the general election takes shape.

nypost.com

AOC announces on Instagram that she will vote for Joe Biden

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez will vote for presumptive 2020 Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden in the November election, she reaffirmed in a livestream appearance. Speaking to rapper Fat Jo…

(sorry for the NY Post link!)

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
I can hope that a lot of people can kindly shut the fuck up regarding the criticisms of both herself and Bernie.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
She was NOT going to vote libertarian or sit out one of the most important elections in our lifetime.

If you thought she would...I dunno.

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (2 weeks): Trolling, long history of trolling and inflammatory commentary
Yeah obviously. Pretty desperate of Biden Bros to need to confirm If it's otherwise. Almost like the candidate is a rapist trashbag.

Oct 27, 2017
Of course she will - the consequences of another trump term would be cataclysmic and would shape the direction of the United States for at least the next 30 years.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
She's pretty much set herself to be fully understood on why she'd vote this way. Despite everything Joe Biden is and has been, Trump needs to pushed out. She sees this and everyone else should too. This is probably the most important election in the 2000s.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
She was NOT going to vote libertarian or sit out one of the most important elections in our lifetime.

If you thought she would...I dunno.
are you sure she wasnt considering voting for one of these people

iFE8bf6.jpg

what is it with them and stupid hats

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
User Banned (2 weeks): Inflammatory accusation
She's an intelligent person. Of course she's voting for NoTrump.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
She knows what's at stake.

Yep. Every vote counts. Swing states votes more than others maybe, but hey, if everyone in my regularly blue state of NJ said "I'm not going to vote because it doesn't matter in my state," you'd see NJ turn from blue to red pretty quickly. Republicans will get out and vote every time, in every state.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Too many people will be horrifically affected by another Trump term through his executive orders and judicial appointments. Countless lives will be saved from death and ruin with a Biden presidency because of this stark reality. That's not hyperbole. It really is as simple as that.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (2 weeks): Inflammatory accusation
She's not insane so yeah...

Oct 28, 2017
She understands that this election could seal the fate of progressive politics for the next forty or fifty years if Trump were to get a second term.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I like it, but she is right, she has always said she was going to support whoever the nominee is, I like that she is having conversations with the Biden camp. Hopefully she can have an influence on the platform, especially if she campaigns for him.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
I hope this encourages people who were going to sit out to vote for Biden. The stakes are too high and we've already have attempts to dissuade people from voting for him.

Deleted member 60096

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 20, 2019
I hope this encourages people who were going to sit out to vote for Biden. The stakes are too high and we've already have attempts to dissuade people from voting for him.
Most people who can't bring themselves to vote for Biden probably aren't going to have their minds changed just because AOC is going to vote for him. This doesn't really change the reason why people might not want to vote for him

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Most people who can't bring themselves to vote for Biden probably aren't going to have their minds changed just because AOC is going to vote for him. This doesn't really change the reason why people might not want to vote for him

It might be enough for some fence sitters that wanted a younger, woman POC emploring them rather than a old white guy.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah obviously. Pretty desperate of Biden Bros to need to confirm If it's otherwise. Almost like the candidate is a rapist trashbag.

What's really hard to understand about this talk about "Biden Bros", other than the fact that I'm pretty sure they don't exist, is that you only make it sound like Biden has some fanatical enthusiasm behind his candidacy (and is not just seen as a means to an end).

Biden detractors (and I'm not saying you can't be one) can also be seen talking about how Biden is unpopular and wont get the votes to beat Trump. So like, which is it? Does he have a Bernie Sanders style movement behind him, or is he just another bland politician who will lose to a populist?