• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DjDeathCool

Oct 28, 2017
Bismarck, ND
AOC has underlined the culture gap between millenials and the rest of the country who did not grow up with the internet. She's the first of a tidal wave of reasonable young people who will slowly start to fill out offices in government. Across the country terrible old white men (who are only concerned with their hate filled agendas) will either retire or die off from old age and will be replaced by young people, like AOC, ,who actually understand what it means to be a part of a globally connected society.

AOC is great but I can't help but feel like she's only the first of many.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
AOC has underlined the culture gap between millenials and the rest of the country who did not grow up with the internet. She's the first of a tidal wave of reasonable young people who will slowly start to fill out offices in government. Across the country terrible old white men (who are only concerned with their hate filled agendas) will either retire or die off from old age and will be replaced by young people, like AOC, ,who actually understand what it means to be a part of a globally connected society.

The endgame is to make sure electoral politics is filled with more AOCs, more Illhans, more Rashida Tlaibs. Local level, state level, congress, etc. If we're gonna make America a progressive nation, it's gonna take all of us working from the ground up.

MadScientist

Oct 27, 2017
I dislike how this article refers to her as a former bartender. It's true of course, but lacks mentioning she has a college degree. This was her job while she searched for a career...not a fair characterization if you ask me

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Crazy how she has continued to become even more powerful. i thought she was going to turn into those tea party conservatives you dont even hear about anymore.

good for her.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
She really feels like the most influential and culturally relevant person in the Democratic party right now. I wonder if she'll back a horse for 2020, she is most obviously aligned with Berny, but it's Joe's primary to lose.

Be a King maker, AOC.

Endorsing Biden in the general (if he won the nomination) is a given but for her to get behind him in the primary she would essentially have to sacrifice a large part of what she claims to stand for.

This is a woman who is actively looking to reform the Democratic Party from within and move it to the Left and Biden is quite literally the antithesis of that goal.

Regardless, I'm a huge fan. I hope her star continues to rise.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
I dislike how this article refers to her as a former bartender. It's true of course, but lacks mentioning she has a college degree. This was her job while she searched for a career...not a fair characterization if you ask me
I keep seeing this time and time again, completely ignoring that it was one of two jobs she had at the time (the other being an educational director) in order to support her mother when her father died. But you never see "former educational director" in any of these articles, it's always the bartender thing.

Like if I ever make it big, I'd hate for every article to start off with "former newspaper delivery boy".

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Endorsing Biden in the general (if he won the nomination) is a given but for her to get behind him in the primary she would essentially have to sacrifice a large part of what she claims to stand for.

This is a woman who is actively looking to reform the Democratic Party from within and move it to the Left and Biden is quite literally the antithesis of that goal.

Indeed, I could only see her endorsing Sanders of any primary candidate, but that's going against the best bet right now I would think. But of course she's backing whoever gets the ticket.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Good for her! She looks great here, although am I crazy or is there a hair stretching from behind her ear across her face to near her mouth?

lake

Oct 27, 2017
AOC gives me life.

I have learned many times not to put people on pedestals, as that's a recipe for disappointment and disillusion. So I'm trying not to here, but the temptation is real.

I hope she has a long and fruitful political career.

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
I hope someone is sending truck loads of this edition to the White House and Fox New HQ.

This AOC train ain't stopping, regardless what the GOP asshats are trying to pull.

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The endgame is to make sure electoral politics is filled with more AOCs, more Illhans, more Rashida Tlaibs. Local level, state level, congress, etc. If we're gonna make America a progressive nation, it's gonna take all of us working from the ground up.
This is true, but I really don't see America becoming a progressive nation in the future. But it is since to have to someone who at least is doing something.

Damerman

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
I support her and her sharpness and her candidness and her strength. Im gonna give that article a read. Lightning rod has negative connotations. Id say she is a beacon.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm officially starting my countdown until Fox News becomes the AOC News Network. Setting it to 2 hours and 33 minutes from now.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
I'm just here for the inevtiable posts and screenshots from Republicans freaking the fuck out.
giphy%20(5).gif

Now Mitch calm down.

chirt

Oct 25, 2017
Where do they sell copies of Time? Haven't bought a magazine in at least 10 years. CVS? 7-11?

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Winning an election with small donation funding is very difficult

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

AOC is the kind of person that would look at the Biden/Abrams ticket, and endorse Stacey Abrams without mentioning Biden.

bangai-o

Oct 27, 2017
Meanwhile, Newsweek Magazine (which I am subbed to) keeps on putting ugly mugs of Trump on the cover.

Orin_linwe

Nov 26, 2017
Malmoe, Sweden.
They are horny for her. Bunch of weirdos

I mean, yeah, sure.

The conflicting psychosexual desires to fuck what you hate is always present with conservative american pundits, to some degree, so that's not particularly noteworthy.

But it was an unusually poetic phrasing, that kinda makes her sound like a powerful, almost supernatural being from a cool movie. I'm sure they didn't intend this, but if I didn't know otherwise, I could see it being written like that by a super-fan of hers.