• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Only a couple episodes in, but so far this is a winner to me. I also kind of like that its shorter length wise than the Chef's Table episodes.

I also think this focuses a little more on the actual food where as Chef's Table is more about the Chrf to a degree.

ruggiex

Oct 27, 2017
The focus in this series is a lot more interesting to me than Chef's Table. I could only watch Chef's Table in small doses.

Darksol

Oct 28, 2017
Japan
I watched the Osaka episode. The izakaya dude's story was cool. The other chef they featured at the takoyaki place seemed completely an afterthought of the show's producers.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
It's great, only seen three episodes though. The main story of that old man working in Okinawa in episode 2 is heartwarming.

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
I didn't realize this was done by the same people who made Chef's Table AKA perhaps the best series Netflix has produced. Will give a watch.

Ryu_Ken

Oct 30, 2017
I watched the first couple and thought it was a bit pants tbh. Seemed more about the people than the food.

Feb 3, 2018
The Bangkok episode brought back a lot of memories it is truly the street food capitol, you smell food every where you go and the vendors are really friendly,

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, binged it. Loved the diversity of food and characters with a rich story. Hoping for a early season 2.

Saya

Oct 25, 2017
I've only seen episode 1 but enjoyed it.

Check out Flavorful Origins as well! The episodes are pretty short. The translations are not always great but I love the variety of food they show.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Yep watched a couple episodes, the India episode in particular was really good.

tangeu

Oct 27, 2017
I am loving street food and hope it continues around the world. I only watched the first three-ish episodes of Chef's Table and they all were so far up their own ass I couldn't stand it.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That poor Indonesian woman who didn't know her age, couldn't stand up straight and still worked her stall all day. Yeesh.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
It's good, but it focus more on the people rather than the food. From the title I was hoping they go more in depth on variety of street food from various location.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
It's pretty high on my list of stuff to watch, I've just not got around to it yet.

I wish Netflix had more shows related to food, they're always comfy watching.

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
I am loving street food and hope it continues around the world. I only watched the first three-ish episodes of Chef's Table and they all were so far up their own ass I couldn't stand it.

That is what makes it so good though. Not only is the food incredible but almost every chef has an ego a mile wide.

Zoc

Oct 27, 2017
It couldn't be worse than Chef's Table. Why would anyone want to watch a food show with no food, only damn chefs.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Two episodes in. We didn't go to those specific places, but we ate ALL of the things in the Osaka episode pretty much.

Oct 27, 2017
I enjoyed it - more for the focus on the individuals and the food itself, tbh.

Very watchable, hope there's a second season.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I love shows taht focus on more "blue collar" chefs, higher end chefs all tend to blur together personality wise

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Only watched the first ep so far, but I like it. Was surprised at the rating of her food near the end. I don't want to say what it was because it was a cool moment.

golem

Oct 25, 2017
I watched the Osaka one and while the Izakaya guy was sort of interesting I think i realized im burned out on food shows, or maybe just this type of formula film making in general

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Season two (I guess you could call it that?) is on Latin America and I love it after first episode already.

And I'm a picky eater who would probably never eat most foods but just still inject this show / culture into my veins

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Season two (I guess you could call it that?) is on Latin America and I love it after first episode already.

And I'm a picky eater who would probably never eat most foods but just still inject this show / culture into my veins

Oh someone else who watches this! This has been a really great watch, all the food looks so good and all the stories throughout are touching without feeling saccharine. The stories and food are just so human in the best way