• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
It's the plant-based equivalent in the UK. I'm pretty impressed; in the bun with all the other ingredients I'm not sure I could tell the difference with a Pepsi challenge. Patty was maybe a little chewier than real meat when I tried it on its own, but I can't see any reason for me to get an actual meat burger from BK anymore. Nice.

Also this was my first BK meal in years and I forgot how amazing their fries are.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
fyi for vegans etc, it is cooked in the same frier as meat burgers.

The mayo is regular mayo, but you could ask for no mayo when ordering presumably.

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Oh god BK fries are the worst.

I do want to try one of those burgers though

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
i made a thread on the impossible whopper a couple days ago, so yes? are they the same thing

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
Maybe BK has different fries in the US, but in the UK Burger King fries are so much better than McDonald's ones that it's barely a contest.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Yeah I'm not vegan, just trying to lower meat intake. It is weird they don't cater to vegans though.

Just get no mayo and it's a vegan burger.

if you're super strict on not cooking on the same surface as meat they can microwave it I believe but that's probabaly terrible, and even PETA thinks that shouldn't be a demand for something to be considered vegan.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
I had one here in Germany. It was my first contact with imitated meat so I can't really compare it. It was alright eating it but it had a bit of an aftertaste that was even there while I ate the other thing I had with it. It stayed with me all evening and that's what I didn't like about it. So I won't lie and say I prefer it above a real whopper but I'm not opposed to trying it again. With my local BK the amount of ketchup and mayo you get on the burger can vary and I think this one needs a bit more of those than it had that night.

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
Tried it. It was fine. Didn't taste like beef - more like minced pork. Scandinavians will know what I mean when saying it tasted like "frikadelle".

Was it as good as a beef burger? No. But I wouldn't have guessed it wasn't meat.

would probably never order it again unless it was significantly cheaper than a regular whopper.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
Here in Brazil Rebel Whooper launched last month. Tried once, was not impressed. Will try again to see if it is worth although.

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tried two. Weirdly they varied from being 90 percent like the real thing (aftertaste included) to flavourless dreck. Guess the second one wasn't cooked properly.

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
Maybe BK has different fries in the US, but in the UK Burger King fries are so much better than McDonald's ones that it's barely a contest.

Same in Denmark. Mcd's are too thin. You can hardly taste it's a potato. Burgerking's are thicker, actually taste like potato and the added bulk makes it much easier to scoop up the dip.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
Does this come down to regional differences in taste or do non US Mcdonalds ruin their fries somehow?
I've never had a Burger King in America, but I've had McDonald's in a lot of different places and their fries are pretty consistent: thin, too salty, and either rock-hard or limp. Burger King in the UK has fries that are closer to what you might get at a Five Guys or a Shake Shack, but obviously not quite as good.

Klaphat

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
I thought it tasted like a burnt meat patty. Not bad, but also not good. I tried it next to a normal whopper and i prefer the normal whopper. I got it with cheese and you definitely need a lot of extra stuff on it to hide the taste a bit.

Tuppen

Nov 28, 2017
I think it's ok with a lot of condiments. Sadly not as tasty as a beef burger but I will probably eat again if at Burger King.