• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
It's been so long since there was literally even a peep about this game I forgot it existed for over a year. It's been almost 3 years since it's initial announcement (Which to be fair, was practically still in preproduction at that point), so I'd hope we'd be hearing about it sometime soon. Nocturne is easily one of my favorite games ever, so I have very high expectations and hopes for certain elements to make their way into the game.

One of my biggest hopes is that it will bring back the 3D exploration Nocturne had. While 4 was great, I've never been a huge fan of 3D maze perspectives (Even though I know the series has it's roots there, and have played the older games) so I greatly hope they'll switch back to a traditional 3D perspective. Another big hope is that they expand the demon fusion system even further and try out something unique to keep it from just being the standard "Mix two/three weaker demons to make a stronger one".

Either way, I just hope we see it soon. Maybe at TGS this year if we're lucky?

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
i hope the power of friendship comes back and i get a teen girl who calls me master and follows me around everywhere

i also think jack frost should be replaced by morgana, which is necessary because of the calendar system they'll introduce

OP
OP
ryan13ts

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
SMT V on Switch = Fire Emblem X Persona original announcement for Wii U. In order words... we haven't heard from that game in forever but eventually we will. Atlus-senpai never changes lol

I still wonder what the hell actually happened with that game. What they teased and eventually showed couldn't have been any further apart.

I almost wonder if there was some crazy stuff behind the scenes that caused the game to morph into the idol-fest we eventually got.

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
I still wonder what the hell actually happened with that game. What they teased and eventually showed couldn't have been any further apart.

I almost wonder if there was some crazy stuff behind the scenes that caused the game to morph into the idol-fest we eventually got.

You really think I didn't like Tokyo Mirage Sessions? Don't assume that cuz I love it lol

Mr. Capo

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Instead of saying "anime", can you just be more specific and say something like "sexualized young characters" or something?

I will do you one better, half of the current SMT team wants otaku bait while the other half wants classic SMT elements. Guess which half got their way for SMT IV Apocalypse?

Yamai: The generation gap, in a nutshell. When female characters appear in contemporary games, they tend to say nice things, a lot of them are 'sweet', so the creators used to this kind of things want to add this 'sweetness' no matter what. The content Megami Tensei has been nurturing so far has been in accordance to the times and, no matter how you look at it, 'bitter', so you wouldn't be able to add 'sweetness' to it. This actual type of ideological conflicts were really troublesome.

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
I could see it being a 2021 game. I really hope it's more like SMT 4/Strange Journey but imagine it's gonna be Persona but with adults.

OP
OP
ryan13ts

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
You really think I didn't like Tokyo Mirage Sessions? Don't assume that cuz I love it lol

No assumptions, I liked it alright myself as well (It still needs a switch port). Can't deny that it was far from what they were leading us to believe it would initially be though.

I think if you had told FE/SMT fans back during that inital teaser that it would turn into an idol RPG with FE/SMT designs, one half of fans would scratch they're heads and the other half would laugh and call you crazy, lol.

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
I will do you one better, half of the current SMT team wants otaku bait while the other half wants classic SMT elements. Guess which half got their way for SMT IV Apocalypse?

Yamai: The generation gap, in a nutshell. When female characters appear in contemporary games, they tend to say nice things, a lot of them are 'sweet', so the creators used to this kind of things want to add this 'sweetness' no matter what. The content Megami Tensei has been nurturing so far has been in accordance to the times and, no matter how you look at it, 'bitter', so you wouldn't be able to add 'sweetness' to it. This actual type of ideological conflicts were really troublesome.

Hahahah I'm so confused by what Yamai even means but its bizarre

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
i hope the power of friendship comes back and i get a teen girl who calls me master and follows me around everywhere

i also think jack frost should be replaced by morgana, which is necessary because of the calendar system they'll introduce

... But honestly, I'm expecting this entry to be fucking awesome. If you look at the SMT IV concept art, it was really rad, but they just didn't have the means to realize it on the system:

utkto43t7c121.jpg

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
Please give me something that looks and feels distinct like Nocturne.

Not a fan of the IV look.

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Port Begging; Hostility Towards Staff; Prior Ban for Similar Behavior
Maybe it's taking long because its going multiplatform. It's a possibility

Edit - no, I don't understand coldsun. Enlighten me. how is this platform warring and which platforms are now at war by my post mod-San?

Edit - no coldsun, I still don't understand. Now it's portbegging? This is an open thread asking what my expectations of a game were. Was the first warning a mistake or do you have a list you're running down? What's the next one gonna be mod-San? "ignoring staff post"? You're all over the place coldsun

Last edited:

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
People really expect V to be first person like on 3ds ?
It'll obviously be more like 2.

What I want is just the best Atlus experience.

archreaper93

Oct 27, 2017
I expect to give a demon my life savings in an attempt to get it to join me, only for it to go "lol peace sucker" and leave.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Expect a gameplay reveal later this year and a confirmation for a 2020 release.
i don't see this being at the 2019 game awards, so the only other place i can see a gameplay reveal happening is the next direct (september or october).
personally i think it's more possible for the reveal to be in early 2020, with a late 2020 release date. i just hope nintendo helps atlus so they can pull off a WW launch. would suck if we have to wait for a localization.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
i don't see this being at the 2019 game awards, so the only other place i can see a gameplay reveal happening is the next direct (september or october).
personally i think it's more possible for the reveal to be in early 2020, with a late 2020 release date. i just hope nintendo helps atlus so they can pull off a WW launch. would suck if we have to wait for a localization.

If they're showing it anywhere this year, it'll be at TGS rather than any Directs. Which I'd be surprised if they don't show it there this year with how long it's been.

Igor

Oct 31, 2017
I want a game that elaborates on Nocturne in terms of atmosphere, concepts and systems - a sequel to that with maybe more forgiving mechanics (imagine Amala this day and age) but keeping what made Nocturne's press turn battles so great.

If they surprise released the port of that game in anticipation for V it'd be amazing. The reveal trailers already allude that this may be potentially the direction they are going for.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If they're showing it anywhere this year, it'll be at TGS rather than any Directs. Which I'd be surprised if they don't show it there this year with how long it's been.
oh right, forgot about that. makes sense. have they talked about their TGS plans and if they have any surprises for the show?

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I would tone down my expectations on a WW release tbh.

Atlus can't even localize P5R on a timely fashion, and Persona is their biggest series (at least commercially).

grand

Oct 25, 2017

They were really upfront about this during interviews on the games release. Basically all their initial attempts at preproduction kept creating a boring Fire Emblem clone so they decide to throw it all away to focus on Atlus's strengths (coughPersonacough). After that, most of the SMT & Fire Emblem stuff disappeared during the development process.
When are we getting Kaneko back
Never