• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
Way too much salt on literally everything they make and it still manages to not taste like much

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
They are good once in a while for a fast and reliable meal. Their "non GMO" bullshit is the only thing that really makes me not want to go there because it is peddling bullshit that people eat up.
Yep, fuck Chipotle. They peddle their horseshit and then make people sick with all their "Non-GMO, antibiotic free, organic" food. I'd rather have Moes or Tijuana Flats

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I used to be a big fan, but after a combination of raising prices, and often having luke warm meat, and generally being bored of it, I stopped going. I was never concerned about the health issues. Other restaurants and chains have had similar but Chipotle always got more publicity for it. I'd much rather go to Torchy's Taco's now.

Did they ever change the queso? I tried it soon after they introduced it. It was vastly over-priced for a tiny container, and it was very bland.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Chipotle is a great value for me. Their burritos are so big that half is enough for a meal for me and I save the other half for lunch the next day. For 11 bucks that's a bargain.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I get a burrito or bowl like once a month. It's fine. I live in the southwest so there's plenty of better options available, but sometimes you just want a burrito you can order from your phone.

neatsaux

Nov 11, 2018
red room
i don't have a chipotle here, but we have qdoba -- and it's great. i always get a chicken burrito bowl with extra extra japs, guac, sour scream, spicy queso, habanero salsa, black beans, pinto beans, and cilantro rice

takes me dinner and lunch the next day to even finish it. love them

Deleted member 43872

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 24, 2018
If you live near any urban or suburban area in the US, you probably live near enough Mexican people that there's at least one good non-chain or local-chain taqueria. Find it, and go there. Authenticity doesn't even enter into it, it's just better food.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
No, even though there is one nearby. Their anti science stances with the non GMO foods and such is worrisome. I think it contributes to why they've had such a poor food safety record in recent years (buying "organic" stuff from suppliers rather than safer regular product). They also treat their employees pretty poorly, forcing poor near minimum wage people to obtain a doctor's note if they're ill - in other words, forcing them to work sick because they know they can't afford healthcare, and then wondering why they have so many outbreaks at their restaurants.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Yep, fuck Chipotle. They peddle their horseshit and then make people sick with all their "Non-GMO, antibiotic free, organic" food. I'd rather have Moes or Tijuana Flats
I really need to give Moes another shot. Had them like once in the last decade.
Of course, for the same price as Moe's or Chipotle I wind up going to the local Mexican place or the Indian restaurant and getting twice as much or more food for the same price.

Of course, I also feel like I regret my life choices up until that point when I leave, but it is worth it. Especially the Indian place.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I eat there often. Love the food. I've had a few weeks where work is crazy and I live purely on Zoe's Kitchen and Chipotle.

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I still eat their probably once a month. Funny thing is, it's the only restaurant I've ever gotten food poisoning from but this happened 10 years before all the drama. I didn't eat there for about 2 years after it but came around. It's just convenient and cheap. I also think it's better than Moe's

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
When I started to cook, making tacos and Chipotle esque food was one of the first things I learned. It was way better than chipotle and pretty cheap. Haven't gone in a while, but I do like chips and guac.

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I go often each week since it's right next to my work. I got the rewards program and whatnot. Got me free meals, chips w/ guac, etc. Still tastes good and it's a kind of food that I don't really get tired of eating.

joe1138

Oct 28, 2017
Chipotle and Veggie Grill are my go to cheat meals on the weekend. I know the sodium is a concern but their sofritas are a great meat substitute.

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
Qdoba is better. Chipotle's queso taste like liquid cardboard.

The joint down the street that will serve me a plate of nachos the size of a compact car for $6 is even better though.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately I don'y have much reason to go there. There are cheaper places closer to both my house and work that taste better. I don't dislike Chipotle, though.

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
I like their burrito bowls better than anywhere else close to my office but for actual burritos and tacos there are better options. So I go there a lot when I want to eat but can't really stop what I'm doing at work.

Gestalt

The Fallen
Nov 10, 2017
I actually ate there a bunch when the whole E. coli thing was going down because the chipotle across the street from where I was working at the time kept coming in and giving us vouchers for free food lol. I ate for free for like two weeks because of that.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
I don't visit it regularly like I used to. I don't fuck with foodborne pathogens and companies that are negligent on that shit. People die from foodborne pathogens. They suffer from dirty food sourcing because there are almost no reputable suppliers with good food safety practices who supply their hippie-ass ingredients.

However, I have taken the risk and eaten there a couple of times in the past few months because it was the only place in my immediate vicinity that had a lunch for less than $8.

moomoo14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I personally love Chipotle! I just wish it was a bit less money, because there's honestly a lot of really good competition out there.

h1nch

Dec 12, 2017
Yup I still go there semi-regularly. Their chicken burrito bowls are too good, and can be made keto-friendly.

I think their food and methods make for a terrible burrito (Freebirds totally owns them here) but their food items work really well in bowl format.

404Ender

Oct 25, 2017
The # of affected meals that have been served across the company's existence in these "outbreaks" is very overblown. Compare that to the # of meals they serve every day/month/year and your risk of getting sick is incredibly low.

I've been eating there for almost 20 years. I don't see that stopping any time soon. I don't pretend that it approaches the quality of real Mexican food (which I also enjoy quite a bit). That's not why I go there. Tasty + Cheap + Filling + Nutritious is a great combo.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
If I don't eat grown to order ingredients it gives my incredibly sensitive digestive system the shits. Sorry.