• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What are you planning to do with your XBX

• Trade it for a series X

Votes: 93 32.3%
  • Trade it for a series S

Votes: 13 4.5%
  • Sticking with it for a year or two

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Keep my X + series X/S

Votes: 76 26.4%

• Total voters

AM_LIGHT

Oct 30, 2017
So i had an X for 2 years and it had served me well so far . I was still undecided whether to get PS5 or series X at launch but ended up preordering a PS5 . Now here is the tricky part , I am not sure if i even need a series X at the moment . My GP ultimate lasts until mid 23 and all games on GP are going to be cross gen in the near future . Series S price is tempting but I am still waiting to see how really capable it is in real life. For now I think I'll keep my X for the next couple of years unless the S proved to be punching above its weight then I'll get it as a cheap GP machine. I suspect the graphical performance between PS5 and series X is gonna be marginal which will make PS5 my main console for exclusives and 3rd parties, but let's wait and see.

Last edited:

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
I'm at the point where I feel the need to buy either console day one is a tough proposition. I'm tempted to get the X to see how much better it runs BC games but that would be the main reason to get it. For the ps5 I want to play miles morales but improved graphics isn't enough reason to drop $500+. 60 FPS might be but I expect the game to be short, and I could play it on ps4. Spider-Man remastered isn't enough.

So I dunno. I think the X and the PS4 Pro will probably serve me well for a while longer.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be sticking to mine for a while, no rush while the cross gen games come out, have a decent PC as well, and when that shiny new must play comes along, maybe Fable or avowed, or some other surprise, I'll be ready to upgrade.

ItsBradazHD

Nov 21, 2018
Yeah, sticking with my One X for now, but will likely upgrade to a Series X - or go down the PC route - when Halo Infinite drops into Game Pass

Indie

Oct 30, 2017
I've ordered the Series X and will use the One X in the bedroom once it arrives. Will trade the One S in for store credit.

Justsomeguy

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I'm at the point where I feel the need to buy either console day one is a tough proposition. I'm tempted to get the X to see how much better it runs BC games but that would be the main reason to get it. For the ps5 I want to play miles morales but improved graphics isn't enough reason to drop $500+. 60 FPS might be but I expect the game to be short, and I could play it on ps4. Spider-Man remastered isn't enough.

So I dunno. I think the X and the PS4 Pro will probably serve me well for a while longer.
Exactly how I feel.
I canceled my ps5 pre order and decided not to hit buy on a series s/x.
I'll get a new pc on the new ryzen chipset then see how I feel next year about the others... A ps5 for exclusives and an Xbox for third party games that don't hit pc gamepass.

Lego

Nov 14, 2017
I'm conflicted. I should honestly wait and pick up the Series X later down the line, but already got a pre-order in.

FarronFox

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Trading it for a series x asap. I'm going to be able to play the things I play today due to bc, they'll run even better and I'll have access to further titles/functionality.

Forearm_Star

Oct 25, 2017
Def thinking of trading one of these either my X of Pro. Just not sure which since one is the main entertainment box and the other I still play consistently.

I just want to get the best return on them

CalamityPixel

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I'm sticking with mine, I say it's got another good year out of it or two. The current plan is to upgrade when Halo Infinite launches but I'll wait and see.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
I've got the X for one year and the plan is to eventually switch it for a Series X, but not at launch. I'd have to find some good trade in deal, renove like, store specific or something; which I doubt will exist for now until stocks are normalized and then some.

RobotVM

Oct 27, 2017
I just got the Cyberpunk Edition Xbox One X so I plan to keep it for at least a year or until something comes out next gen only I want.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
I'll miss the HDMI In port, but I'm really looking forward to playing my existing games library with further improvements, so I really do want to get an Xbox Series X as soon as possible. I don't think there's much reason to keep the Xbox One X plugged in, so I'd rather just get rid of it.

JohnnyMoses

Oct 27, 2017
I'm keeping mine as long as they keep optimizing games for it. If they cut support for it quickly, I likely won't buy another Xbox again.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Everything current gen is being given away to some friends in November.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Plan to sell mine. Usually I'd trade in but I have the Cyberpunk one which I imagine I can sell for more than I can trade

Badcoo

May 9, 2018
Keeping it till mid-next year-ish. I don't think there will be a HUGE graphical leap until then. Also, want to get the most out of my system.

Deleted member 18515

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've got to wait around a month to get my Series X due to missing launch day, but I'm trading in my One X the day I pick it up.

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020
I wanted to keep my One X, but it really doesn't feel like there's any reason to. It's only going to drop in value as time goes on.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to stick with my One X for one more year and enjoy being able to play the majority of games that are cross gen before getting a Series X hopefully during the holidays sale.

BradC00

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
One X is replacing day 1 Xbox one in the living room. Series X will be in the game room and series S eventually for the son on the big screen next to the ps5

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
I'm tempted to as the only Series X game I want is Yakuza 7 which is on One X/PS4, but I really want that Auto HDR for my BC library which would add a lot of playtime to the machine.

GattsuSama

Mar 12, 2020
I am packing it this week to sell it on eBay/Facebook/Craigslist'

Haven't used it for months and there is nothing there left to play I'd want. Only RDR2 that I didn't finish but I wanted to wait to play it on Series X for improvements.

I had assumed this as fact, but do we know if we can just redownload all the digital content from the One in the Series X? I feel it will be a no with Sony but a yes from MS.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
OP needs a poll vote for "trade it in for PS5". I am doing just that, well with both X and PS4 Pro. GamePass on PC is doing so well I have no need for an actual Xbox, although I might get irritated enough by MS Store that I will break down and get one eventually :P. PS5 now has 4K Blu-Ray so I don't have to worry about that as well.

Especially with Bethesda news, the chance of me playing those games on Xbox vs PC are 0 anyways.

Dogo Mojo

Oct 27, 2017
I'll keep my for a bit, I don't have it in me to join the rat race of trying to get a preorder at launch these days. Once things settle down and the consoles are easily purchased I'll trade for a new console.

OP
OP
AM_LIGHT

AM_LIGHT

Oct 30, 2017
I guess most people here are either from north America or the UK the way they talk about trying to snatch a series X preorder. It's ancedotal but preoders open here today for the series X/S since morning. It's still available at every online vendor while PS5 was sold out almost everywhere within 2 hours of opening preordered. I am not worried about getting a series X/S in the coming months.

FakeShadow

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I will keep the one x in my parents house to play xboxone/360/classic titles when I stay for vacation, series X stays with me

indosmoke

Oct 30, 2017
France
I'm moving house in a couple of months, and for the first time in my life I'll have two TVs in two different rooms. So yeah I'll probably stick with my X1X for the "secondary" room, and get a Series X for the living room.
Plans can still change though, we'll see in a few months.

watdaeff4

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The more I thought about it, if it wasn't for the fact I have a significant amount of MS Store credit, I probably would stick with the X for another year.

Kordelle

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I'll keep my One X for a while. You don't get a lot for trade in in Germany :(
Series X in 2021 then for me (propably together with Halo).

Endymion

Oct 27, 2017
At some point I'm going to trade in my Xbox One X for Xbox.com gift cards, then use those + MS Rewards to pay for a Series X.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
It's going in another room and I'm hoping to use it for LAN plan on Infinite :)

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
I was planning to keep it as a bedroom console, but I am debating flipping it. Just sold my original Xbox One for $150.