• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

xplatformer

Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
Jeff Canata, Dan Trachtenberg and Alex Albrecht reviewed movies, video games and other 'geek' culture.

I just watched a 2007 episode and it's crazy how much Comicon has changed in just 12 years. Great show...great memories. Thanks guys.

Episode 30

I'd been divorced for 2 years when I first started watching...and this show (along with video games) provided me much needed distractions at the time.

Last edited:

Dispatch

Oct 25, 2017
It was a great show. Sometimes Dan Trachtenberg and Alex Albrecht are the guest host for Jeff Cannata's DLC podcast.

https://5by5.tv/dlc

I'm not sure what Alex is up to, but Trachtenberg is a big-time director (10 Cloverfield Lane and the upcoming Uncharted film).

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Used to watch it every week, I was bummed when it came to an end. This is still my favorite moment from the show:

Poor, poor Dan. At least he's a man now XD

Last edited:

TheTyrant

Nov 27, 2018
I was a big fan back in the day. It was great, the opening narration will always be stuck with me

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I started watching about half way through it's run. It was a very special thing. I knew of Alex from the Screen Savers, but I didn't know Jeff or Dan. I'm a Jeff Cannata fan for life. I try to consume every podcast he does these days. Dan is a hell of a director and I'm happy for him.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Knew of it but never listened to it. I am a fan of Jeff Cannata from the podcasts DLC and Filmcast (although he overdoes it with those damn limericks).

gnomed

Oct 28, 2017
US
It was my jam after all the 1up stuff ended. Now I'm not hip to any nerd related media other than the headlines or threads I find on Era. Last thing I checked was that one Garnett and Cannata show which didn't last for very long.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I started watching it in 2010 until it ended. I remembered Alex Albrecht from hosting The Screensavers after Leo and Pat left and I enjoyed Cannata on Weekend Confirmed.

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Yep. That era with Revision3 videos/series was interesting. Nobody else was putting out content like it at the time. I wonder how a similar format of the show would work now. Bite sized videos instead of long episodes? Audio podcast? Twitch live stream?

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure I got on the show back when Jeff Cannata was a fixture on Weekend Confirmed(?), kept up with it for a while, but hit a major stopping point with their Love Guru review. Probably should've kept listening, but man was that rough to hear.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I miss TRS. I used to watch it on TV all the time when I lived in the US. I ended up meeting Jeff Cannata some years later at PAX, and couldn't help but tell him how much I loved TRS when it was around. He was a really nice guy.

Doctor Avatar

Jan 10, 2019
Nostalgic for that era of internet culture.

Rad Show and Diggnation were a blast.

It was a golden era. Twitter was a nerd utopia where people like Stephen Fry were the ones with the most followers. The iPhone and smartphone revolution was just beginning. People just enjoyed things.

Everything is so cynical and aggressive these days.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
For me, totally rad is that:
dfflrfzy.png

(edit: to make it clear, i don't know about a show ;) i just enjoyed the game that shared the name)

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
It was a golden era. Twitter was a nerd utopia where people like Stephen Fry were the ones with the most followers. The iPhone and smartphone revolution was just beginning. People just enjoyed things.

Everything is so cynical and aggressive these days.
Wasn't that the time when Ashton Kutcher was the king of Twitter?

Firefox

Oct 27, 2017
I really miss it. Wish there was a similar show but without Jeff, Dan, and Alex, it's hard to recreate.