• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
So for some reason, DC and Marvel did a crossover fight and this resulted in the creation of the Amalgam universe

618B4GH055L._SX303_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

and yeah,this certainly was something and felt like fanfiction come to life with is unique mash ups and though some of them seemed kinda odd to me. Like I said...it was something and all, so what do you think of it as tbh it kinda feels like a bad joke

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeahhh although it lasted only a year the merging of obviously similar characters did nothing for me

cap+superman are too similar in character as heroes tone wise, and pairing Wolverine with Batman didnt make a lot of sense.

But it happened and we got Green Skull out of it so thats fine.

Wolfe

Banned
Sep 3, 2018
Yeah it was kinda odd, think I still own a few issues such as Dark Claw #1.

Whistler

Oct 27, 2017
Amagalm was a ton of fun, and something that could never happen now. My favorite part was the fake letters with the senders reacting to big plot points that were a blend of all the stories.

And you got great characters, like DR. STRANGEFATE, CHARLES XAVIER. Or THE BIG QUESTION, a blend between Riddler and Kingpin.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Most of the fusions were really fun. Ra's al Apocalypse? Doctor Doomsday? Iron Lantern? Doctor Strangefate? Great stuff.

I'd pay good money for a Marvel Legends Dark Claw figure.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
I mean The Green Skull and Ultra Metallo was really racist
latest
Ultra Metallo, I believe. But The Mask senior may be telling Super Patriot something like "look at this piece of trash right here. this is unacceptable, let's kick his ass".

EDIT: I didn't know Metallo.
Metallo is a radioactive cyborg intelligence who depends on Green Kryptonite as his energy source, making him an enemy of Superman.
This deadly radiation can kill the man of steel through exposure alone, although his cybernetic enhancements make him very physically powerful.
He is a former soldier who was used in experimentation by the United States Army, eventually giving him the ability to project his consciousness into any technological device.
His powers also include the ability to morph the machinery in his body accordingly.
This sounds like something a preschooler made up. Not that it can't be cool, but... man.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Ultra Metallo, I believe. But The Mask senior may be telling Super Patriot something like "look at this piece of trash right here. this is unacceptable, let's kick his ass".

EDIT: I didn't know Metallo.

This sounds like something a preschooler made up. Not that it can't be cool, but... man.
He had some good moments in new Krypton when they gave him gold kryptonite heart that takes away kryptonian powers for a minute.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
Am I reading this right?
Professor X was combined into TWO characters?

J'onn J'onzz AKA Mister X:
"Martian Manhunter, Bishop, a Skrull, and Professor X were combined in a Marvel versus DC crossover"

Charles Xavier, AKA Doctor Strangefate:
"Doctor Fate, Doctor Strange, and Professor X were combined in a Marvel versus DC crossover"

This... this is making my head hurt. I'm guessing there's multiple stories with different combinations or something?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Am I reading this right?

"Martian Manhunter, Bishop, a Skrull, and Professor X were combined in a Marvel versus DC crossover"

"Doctor Fate, Doctor Strange, and Professor X were combined in a Marvel versus DC crossover"

This... this is making my head hurt.
Yeah Dr Strangefate even became a villain

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
Darkclaw, the Super Patriot and some of the comics where the universes fight were the only "Marvel" comics I had as a kid, in fact, because a family friend was in a marketing company and gave them to me. I was loaded on Lustige TaschenbĂĽcher (book sized Disney TPBs, in a way), but US comics, nah, didn't get those.

That Sabretooth-Joker and the not-Bane are still excellent, IMO.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
I was just showing a coworker pics a week ago since he had never heard of them. Spiderboy was the best out of all of them. I mean Ben Reilly and Superboy mashed up? How can that not be anything other than awesome?
I want to say I only had some issues of Spiderboy, Dark Claw, and maybe some X-Patrol? I remember that first issue with Shatterstarfire front and center on it.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
The best part of Dark Claw is it gave us Dark Claw Adventures, made in the style of B:tAS.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Most of the fusions were really fun. Ra's al Apocalypse? Doctor Doomsday? Iron Lantern? Doctor Strangefate? Great stuff.

I'd pay good money for a Marvel Legends Dark Claw figure.
Speed Demon was a fun one too, Flash, Ghost Rider AND Etrigan as the demon powering it
cache_500_1_1_img_18980528_7109e6865d4adddc33f493eab4272e39jpg.gif

worms great on a visual, a concept and a powers level!

Ishmael

Oct 27, 2017
"What if Wolverine was Batman" is something I would have dreamt up when I was eight and thought was totally cool. Now that I'm older... well, it's still a pretty neat idea.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Am I reading this right?

This... this is making my head hurt. I'm guessing there's multiple stories with different combinations or something?
They mixed Daredevil With Deathstroke to get Dare The Terminator for some reason
Also female for some reason

Also His nemesis is Kingpin and Riddler equals the big question

Some of them are too random

GraphicViolets

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Amagalm was a ton of fun, and something that could never happen now. My favorite part was the fake letters with the senders reacting to big plot points that were a blend of all the stories.

And you got great characters, like DR. STRANGEFATE, CHARLES XAVIER. Or THE BIG QUESTION, a blend between Riddler and Kingpin.
wait, The Big Question has nothing to do with The Question?

Oct 31, 2017
Loved this and the crossover vs event that lead to it

Spider-Boy Team Up with Spider-Boy 2099 & the Legion of Galactic Guardians was my shit