• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Agents_of_Mayhem_box_art.png

Re downloaded this game and it's not as bad as i remembered it. A little bit repetitive, but fun in short bursts. Most of the characters are fun to play with their own unique abilities/weapons. Blows my mind why they didn't make this game co op seems like it would have been a perfect fit for it?
What do you remember of this game Era?

Oct 29, 2017
It's not a terrible game, I played a fair bit of it and even completed the achievements, but I don't think anyone in the world wanted this more than they wanted Saints Row 5.

Daisy needs to make the jump to the proper SR series, great character design, but other than her Volition can just pretend this game never existed.

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Agents_of_Mayhem_box_art.png

Re downloaded this game and it's not as bad as i remembered it. A little bit repetitive, but fun in short bursts. Most of the characters are fun to play with their own unique abilities/weapons. Blows my mind why they didn't make this game co op seems like it would have been a perfect fit for it?
What do you remember of this game Era?

I knew some people dropped their plans with this game because they found out that it lacks coop. They assumed that it would be in case, like they did with their other games.

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I did the opening level and like 10 minutes after just gave up. Was so dull and lifeless.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I remember a lot of people lost interest when they found out there was no co-op.

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
I actually liked it, the idea was good and the way they did the playing as multiple characters with insta switching was fun. But yea, Saints Row V would have been better (if it was made well of course, this was kinda low budget)

Oct 29, 2017
Btw this game has absolutely nothing to do with multiplayer arena/hero shooters like Battleborn and Evolve, the fact that people still think it's akin to those games is a testament to Volition's marketing fail.

If anything, the game that AOM should be compared to is Crackdown.

Last edited:

4 Get!

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 8, 2019
I'm actually playing this game right now. It's pretty fun and received too much flack for being compared to Saints Row so much.

one of the most forgotten games this gen, along with Evolve and Battleborne
Btw this game has absolutely nothing to do with multiplayer hero shooters like Battleborn and Evolve, the fact that people still think it's akin to those games is a testament to Volition's marketing fail.

Also this. Maybe it was their marketing's fault as to why Stavik thinks the game is comparable to those two.

Clownio

Oct 29, 2017
I played a preview a year before it came out and it looked good. Controls and traversal were fine...

...for a 20 minutes demo. The final product was average at best.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I believe this game was intended to be multiplayer but they changed it to be single player. some of the design decisions don't make much sense otherwise

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think the lack of coop really hurt this game, it feels like it was made for coop & then it's just not there

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
SR5 still in deep development. But with the Corona situation i wouldn't doubt if they delay it until next year. On a side not a small 2 man team is fixing the PC port of Saints Row 2 so hopefully we will get that by the summer. :)

Yeah, I'm expecting a lot of delays but their safety comes first. I wish that we would get SR1 and SR2 remastered or port for PS4/XB1 or I would be even okay with it for PS5 too.

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
SR 2 Remastered would be perfect, but a man can dream right lol

Indeed. I like how grounded Saints Row and Saints Row 2 were, but Saints Row 3 was pretty amazing on their own as well. Saint Rows 4 was kinda too much and I just ended up losing interest like half way in the game.

Just hope that 5th would be the returns to either SR1/2 or SR3. Both works very well in their own ways. SR4 is just way far out there and way too wacky for my own taste.

Oct 27, 2017
It's a lot of fun.

Has some really strange design choices in essentially being a single player rpg with the buffs and debuffs being core parts of combat, but it has a lot of personality and a fun cast. I liked it a lot and I'd want more.

It was the true Crackdown 3

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
i enjoyed my time with it - it was a solid 6/10 hampered by extremely repetitive missions and locales - but it was incredibly unpolished on the PS4. the framerate and pop in was some of the worst i'd ever experienced on the system.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
I remember a lot of people lost interest when they found out there was no co-op.

This was precisely me. The announcement had me excited even if it wasn't a literal SR5, and I had recently played through SR3, 4, and Gat out of Hell with a friend (and we bonded pretty tightly over those games). Co-op has been the lynch pin of the Saints Row series for me and I was so excited for another co-op game in that series. I really do not understand the baffling decision to not include it in AoM.

OP
OP
TaySan

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
i enjoyed my time with it - it was a solid 6/10 hampered by extremely repetitive missions and locales - but it was incredibly unpolished on the PS4. the framerate and pop in was some of the worst i'd ever experienced on the system.
I remember back at launch I had a hard time with it on PC with a 980 ti, but the game is so much better now on the 2080 Super. The amount of effects this game throws at you on screen can be be wild.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
I remember it being something I swear was viral marketing for a new Saints Row until it wasn't. Absolutely baffled by its existence.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Tried it on GamePass. Definitely felt like a game/genre I was tired of after maybe 10 minutes of playing it.

Haven't bathed to go back.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was mechanically sound. Gunplay and traversal were both legit stellar and on paper I think it's a good game idea. Problem was the tone didn't land for a lot of people and everything around the gameplay being so dull and repetitive.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm really surprised they didn't end up patching in co-op. From what I saw of it, it seems like a game I could really like, just with a bit too much padding. I plan on trying it out at some point.

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
It runs badly on an Xbox One X too. And the frame rate is even worse when you're in the Ark hub for some reason.

OP
OP
TaySan

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Games still quite a looker on PC and pretty demanding with all the Nvidia effects turned on. :O even with a 2080 super/3900x I'm still only getting around 50-65 fps gameplay with some dips lower here and there.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
From time to time I think about picking it up, especially since it's so cheap when it's on sale. But I still worry about it being a major downgrade from the Saints Row series, and people comparing it to Crackdown don't really make me think otherwise (I never really liked Crackdown).

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
It's a fun, albeit undercooked game. There wasn't really enough content and they did not utilize the Saturday Morning Cartoon framing enough. They really should have leaned into that aspect a lot more and played it up.

Combat was damn fun. Graphics and over all style were pretty great. Various characters had great designs and movesets. Driving was rather meh. Soul was interesting in design but quite lifeless. There was a lot of potential there, but it just didn't fulfill it.

Confusion over the fact that it was SP only and not a co-op game, let alone a multiplayer hero shooter, was a major issue too.

Oct 27, 2017
I picked it up for cheap a few years ago. Still haven't played it 🙄 Once I'm done with FFVIIR I'll go back to working on my PS3 and PS4 backlog.

j3d1j4m13

Feb 24, 2019
The agents were all fun and the concept of mixing and matching them as your mission loadout was pretty neat. I enjoyed it for what it was.