• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
Probably gonna replay a bunch of Castlevania games. Really looking forward to it!

f I finish those two games quickly enough and am still in the Halloween mood, I may flip a coin between Resident Evil 7, Bloodstained, or Castlevania: Rondo of Blood, all of which I've also never played.
Definitely check out Rondo of Blood at some point, it's one of my favorite games ever. RE7 and Bloodstained are good too, but Rondo is on a different level.

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
I'm planning on finishing Luigi's Mansion 3 and Vampyr. Maybe replay RE7 and Until Dawn if I have the time.

HouseDragon

Dec 4, 2017
Would Hunt: Showdown count? Been playing that for months now and it's probably the best multiplayer game I've played in a looong time! Definitely going to keep it up next month. Having an 1910's american bayou filled with monstrosities, a focus on sound for detecting enemy presence and high risk/reward system of permadeath makes this a scary and super intense experience (even more so than other single player games).

Maybe I'll also boot up Silent Hill 2 or 3 for yet another playthrough, we'll see!

Uncle Sensei

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished playing symphony of the night to completion for the first time. Probably play some more castlevania and bloodstained this year

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Gonna play Fatal Frame II (it's a PS2 Classic still available btw) on my PS3 before it might be put away for the Series S. I did Dead Space on it in 2018 and last year I did Silent Hill on it.

Biteren

Oct 29, 2017
im gonna make my sister and cousins play Until Dawn, Man of Medan, and Little Hope when that comes out

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Yep, planning to replay SOMA and Amnesia A Machine for Pigs before Amnesia Rebirth comes out. Also I've had A Plague Tale installed for ages but haven't played it, so I'll finally get around to that. Inside too.

Also I'll be trying that new L4D2 campaign with my pals, should be fun.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
I just started Silent Hill Downpour on the Xbox 360. I'm only about an hour in but it's better than I thought it was going to be based on all the reviews.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Been watching a Bloodborne Let's Play and it got me in the mood for another playthrough myself. Might as well save it for Halloween since the first three weeks of October are already reserved for MHWI's Fatalis update and Nioh 2's second DLC anyway.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Been meaning to wrap up the last few minigames i havent done in the Grabbed by the Ghoulies save i started 2 halloweens ago so I can play the hard mode as Amber this year.

MarkRJR

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to finally get around to playing Costume Quest 2. I've been pushing it off since I never have a chance to play it on or around Halloween since I'm either busy with friends or playing/watching something else at the time. I adored the first Costume Quest, and this year I'm excited to play the sequel.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I am playing Night in the Woods right now
And starting my 3rd Stardew Valley playthrough very soon.

These 2 games embody this time of the year to me. Not super spooky but 100% Autumn and I adore them!

Stardew fall time is perhaps my favorite place in any game ever. Trees are golden, crimson and burnt orange. You can have pumpkin patches including giant pumpkins. Leaves blow across the screen. The music is perfect. <3

5pectre

Nov 16, 2017
1. Your favorite games that would be considered thematically appropriate to play around the "Halloween season."

My favorite game of all time, Zombies Ate My Neighbours I'd say is thematically appropriate to play during October. I bought this game by chance in the mid 90's as it was in the bargain bin and it was the only game I could afford. Turned out the game was absolutely fantastic and I imidiately fell in love with it. Has all the classic monsters, great graphics and an awesome soundtrack. It's great fun in co-op too.

Another favorite of mine is Dead Rising. It was the game that made me buy a Xbox 360. I have the "remastered" version ready to go and I look forward to play that for once.

2. Whether you are planning to play any games over the next month that are scary, spooky, or simply fit in Halloween themes.

During October I have a few games lined up for 1 credit clear videos for my YouTube channel. The first one is Ghouls'n Ghosts for the Megadrive. Great Capcom action platformer and I love everything about it. Another one I'd like to 1 credit clear is Skullgirls 2nd Encore. The game plays SO well and is a lot of fun. Has awesome graphics too.

Besides thoses I'm currently playing through The Last of Us Remastered with my daughter, and it looks like we'll wrap it up sometime in October?

So, besides those three games I have a real strong urge to replay Until Dawn. I was blown away when I played it about 4 years ago and I think it's ripe for a replay.

If there's any time left, I have these scary games in my backlog I haven't gotten around to yet:
Alien Isolation
Ghostbusters The Videogame
Resident Evil 6
Resident Evil VII
The Walking Dead: Final Season
Zombi

... I also feel this urge creeping up on me to replay the Dead Space games

Fishsnot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Japan
Costume Quest, ReMake, RE4, bloodstained, Castlevania 4 and rondo, Grim Fandango, Cauldron c64 ver, ghosts n goblins franchise

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Call of Cthullu.

Think I got in one of the latest Humble Bundles. Right now I still have Mafia and Desperados 3 to play but should have finished them by end of October and can see myself playing CoC. Just started it yesterday for 15 minutes and was instantly intrigued.

My favourites are Resident Evil 1 (Remake), 2 (Remake) and MediEvil.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Planning on Silent Hill (ps1) this year and maybe 3 on PC if I can get my old, old, SUPER OLD, rip of it to work on my modern one. Never finished either but beat 2 and homecoming back in the day. Would love to do 2 again but nothing modern I have can run it without hassle. Well love too isn't the word since its depressing as all heck.

Fatal Frame 1 and 2 are also games I've never beaten but have had sitting on the sides forever, similarly the Wii U entry.

It's a bit much but I think I might dedicate to beating SH1 and FF Wii U first since they are the simplest to setup and play at the moment, maybe will grab Dead Space 1 and 2 if they go on sale for PC early in the month. Even if its my favorite series, I'm all Resident Evil'd out after the last 3 years.

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
There are two types of Halloween games:
Spooky Halloween
Jolly Halloween

Games take a long time so I gotta start at the beginning of October, cause come November 1st the vibe is gone. My list so far is something like this:
SPOOKY
-Bloodborne Old Hunter's DLC (haven't beat that yet)
-RE7
-REmake
-Until Dawn

JOLLY
-Castlevania Rondo of Blood
-Costume Quest
-Medieval
-Luigi's Mansion

Doubt I get through much of it, but I wanna try and at least visit each one with no pressure to complete.

Sarevok

Jul 13, 2020
Clive Barker's Jericho is a fun 5 hour horror shooter. It doesn't really build on suspense a lot but it provides an interesting story, characters and a lot of body horror images. curtesy of Clive Barker.

Xadra

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2018
Definitely!

I have saved for the next month:
  1. Yomawari: The Long Night Collection
  2. Corpse Party: Book of Shadows
  3. The Coma: Recut
  4. The Coma 2: Vicious Sisters
  5. Corpse Party: Blood Drive
  6. Detention (will try, but not sure if I've time)
  7. Deadly Premonition Origins (still unsure)

cinch

Chicken Chaser
Feb 17, 2019
I've already started, currently playing Haunting Ground (PS2) and Silent Hill 2 (PC). After these two, going to start Resident Evil 7 and Alan Wake.

JoelStinty

Aug 15, 2019
Probably Claire A run on Resi 2 Remake. Played Leon A earlier in the year and had been pencilling in a Claire run for Halloween. Tempted by Resi 3 in the PSN sale though.

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I stream nothing but horror/horror themed games in October. Some new ones for my channel will be:

RE3 Nemesis
RE4
Silent Hill 2
Splatter house 2
Doom
Doom 2
Symphony of the Night

And I'll try my best to fit in ones I've done already like:

Ghouls N Ghosts
Castlevania
Super Castlevania 4
Castlevania Bloodlines

Oct 27, 2017
Roma, Italia
This year:

- Amnesia Rebirth
- Song of Horror
- Remothered Broken Porcelain
- Someday You'll Return

Depending if they go on sale:

- Home Sweet Home
- Conarium
- Maid of Sker
- Narcosis
- Moons of Madness

Backlog:

- Yomawari MS

It's raining a lot at the moment over here, super moody already 😎

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I wanna keep it kinda light in this hellscape of a year, so I'm planning on Luigi's Mansion 3, Deadly Premonition 2 and Kid Dracula. If there's time, I also never got around to Resident Evil 6 or Revelations 2.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Media Molecule is doing a haunted house with the whole Dreams community taking part in it. Should be a lot of fun to check this one out in late October! Also tons of pumpkins have been carved already.

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
I am playing Night in the Woods right now
And starting my 3rd Stardew Valley playthrough very soon.

These 2 games embody this time of the year to me. Not super spooky but 100% Autumn and I adore them!

Stardew fall time is perhaps my favorite place in any game ever. Trees are golden, crimson and burnt orange. You can have pumpkin patches including giant pumpkins. Leaves blow across the screen. The music is perfect. <3
Both of those game gotta have the ultimate autumn vibe!

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Time permitting, i might go back and try to platinum Bloodborne. Just the Chalice Dungeons left.

Oct 27, 2017
I plan to play scary games almost every year, but it rarely pans out that way in reality. Last year I was going to play Soma and Lone Survivor, and this year I might go for the same pair again. I also have Distraint to play on my PS4 (played it on mobile already) which is a neat little horror game. It only take a couple of hours but I started it and never finished!

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Gunna finally finish The Evil Within II which has sat in my backlog for ages.

Might get the nerve to tredge further into Darkwood, who's atmosphere is almost unearably oppressive to me.

Someone mentioned Vampyr which might be a great shout, and I'll also planing to pick up the new Dark Pictures game for Halloween weekend. Man of Medan was okay but still fun to play with a group.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Massively unrelated to this, I started and finished playing Resi 7. Not a massive fan of Resi, mainly due to tank controls but 7 hooked me. Had some new headphones to test and and the game was fantastic. Not got any of the DLC yet, waiting to hear impressions.

I started Man of Medan too, so I am on board with horror games in October.

Will try Evil Within once they appear on Game Pass.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Phasmaphobia is a great new PC game out in Early Access. Upto 4 Player Co-op where you play as Ghost Hunters. You go to houses, old high schools, mental asylum etc. and track down the ghost haunting the locations. You have to determine what sort of ghost it is. It has voice recognition so you can speak to the Ghost and have it respond back in horrific ways. The more you say its name etc. though the more pissed off it gets and eventually it turns hostile.

Never heard of this but it looks super good and I've now convinced a group of people to play this

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely! October is always for horror games.

Going to play Silent Hill: Homecoming and Downpour to wrap-up the mainline SH games, after playing SH4 last year.

Also going to do a long-overdue replay of Resident Evil Code: Veronica. It's the only one of the classic RE games I've only played through once, and it was a long time ago. Last time it was the GameCube version, but this time I'm going to play the HD remaster on XBX.

I may also do a REmake (Chris) run on Switch after replaying Jill's campaign last year. I like the idea of REmake becoming an annual October tradition for me; it's too good to not play every so often.

And, finally, hoping to pick up Amnesia: Rebirth towards the end of the month.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
White Day is on sale super cheap and I'm considering buying it, but I've heard it's super dated and isn't that great nowadays.

Woylie

May 9, 2018
www.romhacking.net

Kirby's Halloween Adventure

A Halloween themed hack of Kirby's Adventure. It's Halloween time on Dream Land, and a Ni

I was actually thinking I'm going to dive in to this spooky-themed rom hack of Kirby's Adventure for my near-yearly replay of KA this year. I also want to get through the rest of Luigi's Mansion 3, and check out the Halloween update for Animal Crossing NH.

No parties or anything this year obviously, so playing spooky games and maybe watching some horror movies with my roommates is probably the closest I'll get to celebrating Halloween this year.