• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I've lost weight surprisingly. Not intentionally lol. I was fine with my current weight pre-quarantine. I usually try to eat whole foods, even when I eat out, but I'm not eating out at all, nor ordering in. But back when things were normal I was a big fast-casual person--mostly in the form of grain/rice bowls for lunch. So a protein, rice/grains, nuts or avocado, and some veggies. Very clean style of eating. I ate dinner at home. Weekends I ate out, but only really did one very high-calorie meal every two weeks--burgers, pizza, or restaurant.

I usually calorie count to stay on track, so I know restaurant food is very hard to measure--you never know how much oil they use and so on. I'm also walking way less obviously, so I'm not hungry. I get full faster. Seems like the lower energy needs have caused this.

I try to focus on resistance training in general, so I'm doing bodyweight stuff and some kettlebell swings. But no cardio at the moment as I like cycling and swimming. The latter impossible rn.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
The opposite, I'm scared to get groceries so I've been ordering take out every day. And I literally don't move at all much these days besides to go to the bathroom and my bed.

It's kind of a problem.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
My wife said I looked a little slimier today. We haven't been eating out much. Maybe that's why.

Wariobenotware

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 2, 2020
The opposite here. Being at home constantly with little activity and snaking mostly out of boredom makes it really easy to gain weight.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. Now is the time to cut. Hardly eating out so it's easier to track calories.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
A bit. I eat less junk food and started running again. I need to cut down on beers though, I normally dance at clubs on weekends, but now I just sit and drink in front of my computer....

EternalDarko

Oct 26, 2017
What, completely opposite. I used to walk around so much in a normal work day, even if it was just from meeting to meeting or across the road to the next building.
Now I'm stuck at home in front of my laptop and not getting anywhere near enough exercise. I'm afraid to check how much weight I've put on...

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
Modestly, but I'm lifting almost everyday since I don't have anything else to do. I'm getting swole AF.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I've lost about 10 pounds, which is nuts because I'm pretty sedentary, but I eat out ALL the time at work, and since I've been home I've just been making simple sandwiches and frozen vegetables out of freezer bags (which I've always liked a lot), and it's unreal how dramatically different I feel.

teruterubozu

Oct 28, 2017
Ran out of weed so my munchies went out the window so lost some weight. Probably a good idea to clear my lungs during this pandemic anyway.

Tiny Hawk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Yep. I was already calorie counting before this whole thing started, so nothing's really changed. It's much easier to count as I'm not really eating out as much anymore (though I am missing it). I never really worked out or bothered doing any physical activity, but not going outside has kind of made me go a bit mad, so I just walk around my neighborhood after I work for the day.

Nov 1, 2017
I've lost 6 pounds in the last couple months. Staying inside has forced me to do a lot more cooking for myself and I'm lucky enough to have a nice trail nearby I can drive to and do a lot of walking/jogging without putting myself at risk.

OP
OP
entremet

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
One thing as well, no office snacks or pizza parties either lol. We would get pizza frequently at our colocation.

Apr 4, 2019
Greater Toronto Area
I've lost a little bit of weight. I've gone from 120 to 115 pounds. All thanks to the insane amount of running I've been doing (830 km). But it has little to do with any quarantine as I still have to work at my two jobs. It's more of a New Year's resolution to try to run every day. Though the fact that I can't hang out with friends or go to the movies makes it easier to accomplish my goal.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
I always cook my own food for the day so really im gaining weight...despite how active I have been.

Oct 27, 2017
I was absolutely "stress dieting" for a couple of weeks. I could not relate to all the getting-fat-in-quarantine jokes, I had no appetite.

The all-consuming anxiety abated enough that I've been eating relatively normally now, although it's a lot of not-great food overall and I think I'm still eating a bit less than usual (but probably gaining weight).

Deleted member 11796

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't eaten fast food for nearly six weeks.

But I think any weight loss has been canceled out by how much I've just been sitting in the house. Also my addiction to peanut M&Ms.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You know it. Down something like 20lbs. Honestly, I've been mega focused on fitness and weightloss since before this whole thing went down and I hate losing progress, so I am not going to use it as an excuse to slack. If anything, the lack of going out and drinking and not having easy office food has made it even easier to stay on track.

Doomed

Nov 4, 2017
The opposite for me, don't have the gym and can't find the energy to workout at home. I've probably gained a few pounds already with eating too much and drinking.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
I was, but then I decided it would be a good idea to pick back up on my marijuana habit.

OP
OP
entremet

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
Isn't it the best time to lose some pounds?
Definitely. COVID-19's top comorbidities are obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure. However, many ppl are stuck at home and not as active. Also, gyms are closed. Not that you need a gym to be fit, but it could mess with people that are used that routine.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, I'm now down to as much as Saquon Barkley. I like comparing myself to NFL RBs because they're completely shredded and it makes me feel better

pillowtalk

Oct 10, 2018
I wish. Ingredients for my usual diet is harder to find and I just don't have the energy to look around or experiment with new things while I'm still going to work.

Oct 27, 2017
More like gaining here. Also have had a persistent stress/anxiety headache every other day and itchiness in throat from seasonal allergies I JUST started experiencing this year.

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
down about 8 pounds since the start of March. With Ramadan in about 4 days I'm looking forward to losing at least another 10. Been difficult to keep it up because of stress and anxiety from this whole thing, but I'm keeping at it.

Froli

Oct 25, 2017
Philippines
Definitely. COVID-19's top comorbidities are obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure. However, many ppl are stuck at home and not as active. Also, gyms are closed. Not that you need a gym to be fit, but it could mess with people that are used that routine.

Yeah the change in routine will take some time to get used to. It affected me mentally that I couldn't do my brisk walks outside the house.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
I only eat like, two times a day, so I'll see how this will have an impact on my weight and body. I rarely feel hungry these days.

Clear

Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
Dropping weight and up'ing my running miles. We do all curb side shopping so i can't just grab random snacking items so a lot easier to keep calories in check. If I'm feeling weak I make my wife make the order so I dont start adding mike and ike and gummi bears to every order.

Seeing my vacations and races were cancelled, setting a body fat % goal is my big aim during lock down.

JorSneezy

Oct 17, 2019
I'm lost about 9lbs. I already worked out regularly, but with wife and kid home I've been pushing them to exercise as well. So I do my normal exercise and then do their workouts with them. Like two total hours a day.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
been eating a lot less junk food and also calorie counting + Ring Fit (100 days passed).

Down 15 lbs (64kg)