• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
Well, not only is it great, but it's up for a handful of Emmy's, so if if you haven't noticed it now, you probably will soon.

Viewt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Yeah, just in the last year. My fiancée really loves it. If nothing else, it's worth it to see Catherine O'Hara put on a comedy clinic and own a role outside a Christopher Guest movie.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
Yeah, just in the last year. My fiancée really loves it. If nothing else, it's worth it to see Catherine O'Hara put on a comedy clinic and own a role outside a Christopher Guest movie.

Catherine O'Hara and Eugene Levy had a long history working together on SCTV, so it was a lock that they could pull off their roles.

Also, random but I must admit I was surprised to learn that Twyla (the waitress) is Eugene's daughter in real life. Makes the restaurant scenes funnier, somehow

Ferda

The Fallen
Jan 25, 2019
Portland, OR
Wasn't sure about it at first but I love Emily Hampshire so gave it a shot and it really grew on me. Wouldn't recommend it to just anyone but the characters are great and Dan Levy, who at first I couldn't stand, really grew on me. I love his chemistry and relationship with Patrick. The character growth in this show is quite amazing.

Pokiehl

Oct 29, 2017
The key with the show is getting through the first couple of episodes. They aren't bad per se, but what follows is absolute gold.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
For most of the show's run it hasn't taken place in a specific country, although there were clear hints of Canada, but Dan Levy recently admitted that the show takes place in Canada.
I haven't because of the bad name, but I've been told I should.
The parents bought the town as a joke for their son's birthday one year, because of the name, and the town itself is their only asset left after the taxman takes everything.

Also, you've never heard the expression "up shit creek"?

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
It gets better as it goes for sure.
And while it is never like, laugh out loud constantly funny, the cast is charming and will win you over.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I love it. I'm definitely happy it keeps from being too sappy like 98% of the time and has its characters remain on the low road.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
But that's the root of it. They're put a terrible situation that they can't get out of... so they have to make the best of it.

I don't know what to tell you. The title of the show turned me off to it. I assumed it was CBS comedy-tier. I've been told from people I trust that it's a quality show. I'll get around to it eventually.

Deleted member 58401

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 7, 2019
It's excellent. As others have said, the name makes it sound 400x worse than it is, and the first four or five episodes are more like a moderately funny and weird setup for what the series becomes. So, a bit of an investment, but very worth it.

Radnom

Oct 25, 2017
I really love this show. the concept is almost like a slower Arrested Development with heart in place of bile. It definitely grows on you.
I quite appreciate how much of the comedy is in the facial expressions!

Deleted member 51608

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 4, 2019
Annie Murphy's Alexis is magic and I adore her. Somehow she makes this very (initially) route, cliche character and just makes her shine. He bunny hands thing she does kills me

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Every basic white girl I fuck with watches this, so I've seen a few episode and I can't say I'm a fan.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Ex put me onto it, show is brilliant.
It's last season is coming up.
Stevie was my favorite in season 1 but then they put her in the background.

David and Alexis are now my favorites.

I've noticed the last episode of every season ends on a real touching moment. Which is unlike the majority of the season.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
It's fine:

It's a really great show and it's something that a lot of people can genuinely enjoy. Looking forward to the final season.

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
Annie Murphy's Alexis is magic and I adore her. Somehow she makes this very (initially) route, cliche character and just makes her shine. He bunny hands thing she does kills me
Her facial expressions (and Dan's) are like the heart of the show to me.

giphy.gif

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
The reveal of David's remodelling of the clothing store is the hardest I've laughed in a long time.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Love it and am glad they get to go out on a high note. The cast is really the charm of it.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had no interest in it but my family kept telling me how great it is so I begrudgingly gave it a shot and ended up really loving it. Some of the characters are really grating at first but it grows on you

Nude_Tayne

Jan 8, 2018
earth
I couldn't get into it. The cast is great, the acting is great, the concept is solid, but the writing just always fell flat for me and I would go entire episodes without laughing once. Granted I only watched like 4-5 episodes but that was enough for me.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
My girlfriend loves this show. I like what I've seen, im just not looking for a straight comedy series to get into.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
It isn't a laugh track sitcom and the characters can be cringy at times, but once you get the hang of the subtle comedy, it grows on you. The Rose family is just quirky funny. Every season has gotten better.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. It is awesome. If you're a fan of early Arrested Development, you should give it a try. It's not as punchy with the jokes as that is and isn't laugh a minute, but the humor feels a bit similar to me.