• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ever slip on a banana peel?

• Yes

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • No

Votes: 79 66.9%
  • Intentionally - Yes

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Intentionally - Tried but didn't work

Votes: 14 11.9%

• Total voters

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Growing up cartoons/shows made me think this would be an integral part of life. Yet so far after 40 years of life on this planet I have yet to slip on a banana peel. Have I been incredibly lucky or is there something else going on?

If yes, what sorta weird circumstances lead up to it?

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
I have personally witnessed people slip on banana peels twice in my nearly 40 year long life. One of them was an absolutely cartoonish feet flying up into the air to head height wipe out. So it does indeed happen. Not to me though, I'll never get my comeuppance

Cenozos

Oct 27, 2017
I slipped on a banana peel once while drunk on campus at college. Someone had thrown one on the ground (because college students are animals) and I slipped and busted my ass. It was very very funny. They are 100% as slippery as they are in cartoons.

Oct 27, 2017
No banana peel. But I stepped on a rake, Sideshow Bob style, when I was kid. Smashed me right in the nose and my father, normally a very empathetic human being, couldn't stop laughing because "I didn't think that actually happened in real life."

Flavius

Oct 28, 2017
Orlando, FL
Nope. Slipped in my dog's piss though quite a bit.

My vote is they swap out the banana peel for dog urine.

Or other pets. I'm not judgy.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
But of course not. I am not some clumsy oaf that doesn't see that shit on the floor. I step around it.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I ABSOLUTELY DID ONCE. I was alone, at night. It was absolutely surreal, and I was desperately looking around, hoping someone had seen what had happened, but alas...the memory is mine, and mine alone.

That peel fuckin' GOT me.

EOS-HDC

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Tijuana, B.C, Mexico
Oh god you all have me cracking up over here lmao.

It has never happened to me nor have I seen it, but I have made some dumb shit. Just last week I traveled from home to work on public transport with the zipper of my Jeans all the way down, I didn't noticed until I took a sit, fucking hell. I'm looking for face transplants or a new car so I can change the routine for a couple of years until people forget about me.

DiscoPizza

Oct 25, 2017
I threw one on the ground in front of a coworker once but made sure they were watching so they wouldn't actually slip on it.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
I think as a kid I tried it once on purpose just to see. I slipped, but not enough to fall or anything.