• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AppleBlade

Nov 15, 2017
Connecticut
Anyone here preorder both of Microsoft's next gen boxes? Why did you decide to go with the different SKU's instead of the same one. How do you plan to distribute them in your household? Which one is going where and why?

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
I though about it, but no. The Series X goes in the living room and the One X will do just fine in my office, and the Series X will take its place when the inevitable mid gen revision comes.

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
I was too late for the S. :( It's sold out as well, right?

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
I have a Series S preordered but now regret it as I want an X instead. The S seems great but the inferior BC really killed my desire to go with the S over the X.

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
I just preordered one at Target like 20 minutes ago. It's sold out now but it seems like it comes back in stock occasionally (perhaps cancellations?)

I have a Series X preorder at Amazon and now a Series S with Target.

I will keep looking, thanks.

I've also heard horror stories with Amazon not fulfilling preorders in the past. I hope we don't get fucked.

Neural

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Got X for me, and S for my kid. He currently plays on a One S + 1080p monitor, so that's quite the upgrade.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking about it, but I think I'm just going to move my One X to the basement instead of replacing it with a Series S.

So for now it'll be Series X in the living room, One X in the basement. I'll upgrade to a Series S or Series X in the basement when cross-gen games stop coming out.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Depends on the country I guess. In France, Amazon has it in stock right now. In fact, I've never seen it out of stock there.

Edit: wrong quote

Does Amazon France ship to the US? lol

I honestly would trade my S preorder with someone for an X preorder (and pay the difference obviously) but I doubt I'll make that deal happen as I have no interest in paying the inflated eBay prices.

mikeyg76

Dec 9, 2017
I preordered both. Ended up getting 2 x's and 1 S. I will keep the two X's at home to game share with my kids and the S will be my travel Xbox, for vacations and extended work trips.

TheBeardedDM

May 30, 2019
Series X for me, Series S + Valhalla as birthday present for my girlfriend. We share the XGPU and we can't wait to jump in the next gen.

killa2max

May 17, 2018
Seattle, WA
Nope just picked up a Series X preorder. I will be getting another Series X for my GF shortly after launch as well so that we can play together.

MIMF

Nov 23, 2017
Tried to preorder both, only could S so far (in Spain).

The availability of the X seems to be extremely constrained as in my local store of choice (Fnac) only one unit was available to preorder the day preorders opened last week.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I have, one for me and one for my daughter. I actually have 2 series x pre ordered with one for my son but I think he may want a gpu this year over a console. He's really getting into cod online and all his friends seem to be migrating to pc.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
I got an S and an X. I'm in a long distance relationship, and my partner's TV is 1080p, and I have a 4K TV. So she'll keep the S and I'll take the X. It's mostly just going to be a GamePass machine for her, but it'll be nice to have the full selection of consoles for her again.