• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County
You guys having a hard time getting an X are just not doing it right. I got 4 relatively painless - Best Buy, Sam's Club and GameStop. No issue at all. Last week a friend of mine just asked me to keep on the lookout for one and I re-tweeted him sitesupply and he got it. I got lucky with one PS5 at Costco but the second one that I needed for my wife was impossible. So much so I was actually getting angry and finally just bought it on Clist

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
i can get an X pretty easily and S are literally collecting dust on shelves since november but my friend ordered a PS5 30 minutes after preorder opened and still is nowhere near at the top of the waiting list lol.

Aronleon

Apr 9, 2020
No, and I really dont mind waiting another year to get one. Even If could buy an xbox at any moment I would still wait.

Yesterday

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I picked the series X because I prefer it's unique features and gamepass. I'll get a PS5 eventually, sooner if they ever implement 1440p support

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You who got two console and also enjoy a good GPU, which one do you spend the most time on? How much dust have those collected?

Between enjoying raytracing on my 3080, Astrobot, Miles Morales, Everybody's Golf and Valhalla on PS5 and Game Pass, Rocket League, NBA and Dirt 5 on my Series X, nothing is remotely collecting dust.

I got them all as soon as pre orders went up, so if I held off one, a scalper probably would have beaten me anyway.

OrochiJR

Oct 29, 2017
Both the XSX and the PS5 are unavailable in Austria currently.

I hope the stock shortages come to an end soon so I can finally bask in next-gen glory. Doesn't matter which one will be available first, I plan to get both in the end anyway.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't seen yet a PS5/Xbox in any shop yet. It's weird

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I'm actually tempted more by the Series X despite the difference in line-up and the lack of an innovative controller - Game Pass is such a good service and I'm subsidising it by doing bits and pieces for the MS rewards scheme.

... It would also fit in my set-up better than the PS5.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Where in Europe do you live because I can assure you that in the UK both the PS5 & Series X are pretty much impossible to come by?!
In France afaik , serie x got restock quite frequently. Yes it sold out quickly but restock happens more often. It was on cdiscount many times (newsletter) , Fnac, amazon , and a big sale on Microsoft store as well. Ps5..... it's terrible. It'd supposed to have some stock today ... like 600 in amazon France ... lol
Feeling lucky with my two ps5 and two serie x at home

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I had series S and X preordered because I was thinking about this at the time. I thought maybe I would pick up the X if I couldn't get a PS5.

I ended up buying a PS5 from a reseller, which I know is controversial. Nevertheless, I gave my S and X preorders to people that wanted them.

It seemed a lot easier to get an S or X. The X is obviously more difficult but even then I was able to beat the bots in a preorder queue. The PS5 never felt possible. It felt like I had 50,000 bots ahead of me in every queue.

Oct 29, 2017
My September DE order is arriving today. There was a restock in December but no digital. Physical restock is coming next week with similar monthly drops following.

I wouldn't hope for any available until April without a preorder.

Series X is similar. You need a preorder otherwise it's impossible to get unfortunately.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
There was a really, really short moment where I was tempted to get a Series X instead of a 3080 when the 3080 stock was dire. I didn't but it was tempting. I'd be able to play stuff like Yakuza LAD at a visual fidelity I can't right now.

Neudd

Oct 31, 2017
I went for whatever I could get first which happened to be the Series X from Amazon on Monday - delivered yesterday! I got it using the HotStock app, I highly recommend using it - even had a PS5 notification this morning already.

I had both the One X and PS4 Pro before selling them and had multiplat games like RDR2 and Modern Warfare on the One X so I can keep playing them now. I'll get the PS5 later on when more exclusives are out for it.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
Where I'm from both are out of stock.
One retailer just notified me they got some Series S.

Anyway, I got both PS5 and XSX at release because I preordered way in advance. But getting a secondary of either has been impossible.

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
Almost.
PS5 will be the main console for me (exclusives and first party studios I like more), but I will wait for more games to be out, the console be actually easy to buy, and maybe a new version not as big as this one. So no rush.
Meanwhile I got the Series S with Ultimate Gamepass for 2 years. LOVING IT. I use a lot the Cloud function too. I hope PSNOW will release an android app too sooner or later, I really am in a time of my life where i have more time to play on the smartphone than on the TV...
Series X is too big and the price too high for me right now.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
While Series X is out of stock in the shops here in Central Europe, there's a ton of them being offered on Facebook Marketplace for retail price, whereas you can only buy a PS5 for double the retail price, minimum.

derk

Dec 20, 2019
Back in November I was able to get one of Gamestop's overpriced bundles on the Series X. It was a bad idea. Gamestop still hasn't sent me the digital codes for a game, the $50 gift card, and 3 months to gamepass. I've tried to contact support and message them through their website so many times and nothing seems to work. Seriously fuck gamestop, at least scalpers tell you they're ripping you off. Anyways, I still plan on getting a ps5 but I'm done with online queues. I'll just wait until they're readily available. Having the Series X makes that wait much more bearable.