• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
It makes my favorite types of sunglasses and glasses, though not a fan at how big the company has gotten and continues to grow.

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
I have to mention that the Ray-Ban brand was victim of the uber-shitty pharma company Valeant,the Luxxotica acquisition brought a noticeable decline in quality.Randolph makes excellent quality sunglasses with mirror lenses,we had a Canadian customer who bought like 5 sunglasses in one summer,apparently the distributor in my country is selling them way cheaper than in the US/CA.

Failburger

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Warby Parker.

Sucks I have to settle for a hipster look, but my glasses only cost $175 compared to the $500+ Lens Crafter wants.

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I got a pair last year from EyeBuyDirect. They're great. $73 because I now have to wear progressive lens. I could have otherwise gotten a pair for like $20ish.
I got the glasses in about a week and a half as I recall.
Their parent company is Essilor.
Essilor and Luxxotica merged a while back. They're the same company.

Airegin

Dec 10, 2017
Just because you buy non-Luxottica frames doesn't mean the prescription Ienses won't be. I believe Hoya is the best lens manufacturer that's not owned by Luxottica.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
I don't wear glasses and don't know why people buy overpriced name brand sunglasses to look cool, so no.

Stephen Home

Alt account
Banned
Dec 17, 2018
I work as an optician,its literally one the worlds bigger,if not the biggest cartel in the world,i struggle to think a company having such dominance in any field in such a vertical way,they bought/merged a couple years ago with Essilor which is a huge optic lens manufacturer company,wish they had a solid competitor.
DeBeer?

Kung Fucius

Jun 28, 2019
Never heard of this company until I saw a 60 minutes piece about them a few years ago. Very surprising.