• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ash32121

Oct 27, 2017
NAKD is the real meme stock here lmao.

Want to jump in with 50$ for fun with everyone but Robinhood won't let me do a transfer lmao.

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
lol, every time Naked gets going it gets shut down and drops again hah. I'm not in for much but I'm still up like $10 at times :p

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
So I noticed some really suspicious stuff going on on r/wallstreetbets. there are many accounts that are brand new, or that were relatively inactive until recently. Many posts that have been spamming the same messages several times a minute in multiple threads encouraging people to buy in or hold, a ton of the posters have ties to red/blackpill reddit and there is a lot of chan speak being thrown around by the users. Not to mention multiple r/wallstreetbets threads are at the top of r/all with tons of rewards tied to them, similar to the way how r/the_donald used to manipulate many of its threads to the top of r/all.

It seems like there is a lot of dubious shit going on in that sub right now, that is similar to how many right wing subs and sites circulate and hype up misinformation. I would tread carefully and not give into hype if you are following this on reddit. It definitely looks like there is some outside manipulation involved, and they are trying to convince users to buy in and remain far beyond what is a safe time to pull out.

Its the same message thats been going on for months now. The stock is overshorted, and eventually the shorters will have to buy GME enmass to return the shares they "borrowed". buying and holding keeps the inventory low so the shorters have to pay higher prices... which benefits the buyers and holders.

The shorters absolutely want people to avoid buying this stock, and they want people holding it to sell it now. In fact there have been several coordinated "attacks" from institutional money to trigger automatic sell-offs and media efforts to turn retail investors away from participating

The site is filled with unsavory characters, and clueless characters, but the buy and holding is the only way to take advantage full of the short squeeze.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
After getting involved with all of this,

I finally understand this reaction....

giphy.gif

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
its not an overevaluation because no one actually thinks it should be valued this high

its playing off people who are shorting it and losing their pants because it should have been a reasonable bet

its kind of a different thing

if gamestop drops to a penny in a month no one will care, theyre not thinking gme is the next currency or the next bitcoin
This has nothing to do with the actual value of Gamestop and everything to do with short sellers overextending themselves and not really having an out as long as hype from retail investors stays strong. It's really an unprecedented situation

Okay, lol it's even worse than the Tulip bubble.

Has anyone done the "I don't care how it up so long as it keeps going up" defense yet? That's when we know it's close.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
This proves that the markets are always inefficient and they are irrational lmao

AMAGON

Prominent Member
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I threw my hat in the ring earlier purchasing 87 shares of the NKD prior to hitting $1. Let's see how far (or down) this goes 😬

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, I guess the economy can be manipulated by memes?

This is literally what Jim Cramer has done on his TV show for 20 years. He runs around on set, shouting slogans and playing sound effects and posting funny graphics. His show is memes for boomer daytraders.

All of this faux outrage is coming from hedge fund tools who are mad that they got caught in short positions by people on Reddit.

Last edited:

fallingedge

Oct 25, 2017
Bought 25K off shares on AMC earlier this week. Up 125%.

Selling it all at $50. Also have to sell some shares due to CCs being exercised =/

Oct 25, 2017
México
I purchased $2500 USD in GME stocks on Monday (two days ago).

GME was the first stock I have purchased in my life. I sold earlier today and got myself out with $9000 USD in the bank. Fastest money I have earned, but I was in constant stress and anxiety. I wish I could have stayed longer, but the gains I got are enough for me for being the first time.

I will follow WallStreetBets and will invest again in meme stocks (I purchased 34 AMC stocks for around $1000 USD and I'm already up 15%)

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I purchased $2500 USD in GME stocks on Monday (two days ago).

GME was the first stock I have purchased in my life. I sold earlier today and got myself out with $9000 USD in the bank. Fastest money I have earned, but I was in constant stress and anxiety. I wish I could have stayed longer, but the gains I got are enough for me for being the first time.

I will follow WallStreetBets and will invest again in meme stocks (I purchased 34 AMC stocks for around $1000 USD and I'm already up 15%)
Damn. Good job.

Oct 27, 2017
I put 1000 into AMC when it was around 15. Glad I'm not the only crazy one. And honestly, looking around here, I'm not nearly as crazy as you guys.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
GUYS NEVER BUY STOCKS! You all think its fun and games hwen it goes up, BUT DID YOU KNOW??? it also GOES DOWN! SCAAAAAmmm.

For real tho, I think everyone here knows what they're in for, no one here should be investing non disposable money into these meme rallies.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
I'm so excited (/s) for next April, when people start realizing that they're engaging in taxable implications and have no idea what they've done.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Put $100 on AMC and $500 on NAKD, I can afford that much just to see if something happens I dont feel like I super lost out.

I'm so excited (/s) for next April, when people start realizing that they're engaging in taxable implications and have no idea what they've done.

Depends, etrade taxes you on the gains when you sell so its pretty easy