• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How will you approach the release?

• Each part when they are released

Votes: 810 76.8%
  • Will wait for last part of the series to release then start

Votes: 45 4.3%
  • Wait for a complete collection release

Votes: 200 19.0%

• Total voters

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
For me, it's kind of been a mixed bag of anticipation as we start moving closer to just the first part of the series of releases.

I'm trying to decide whether or not to wait it out for them all to release, since I'm generally pretty terrible at waiting for things to come out, but I also really hate to leave myself a big gap in between of having to wait for something, and wait for a long time.

It's not about spoilers since there really aren't any from the story side of it as far as I'm concerned, but may be spoilers for the gameplay, but I'm not sure those would really be considered spoilers it for me. Though, I can imagine this being an issue for those who haven't really played the original, or watched the film.

While I'm excited for the game, I'm not dying of anticipation to get my hands on it as my passion for this project has just sort of waned a bit throughout the years, and while the recent shots have been amazing, and masterful, it's not giving me that same excitement to the point I just need to have it when it comes out.

Maybe it'll be different once it gets closer to fruition, but for now, this is where I'm at.

I'm most likely in the minority though, so wondering how everybody else feels about their pick-up schedule with the game.

the lizard

Nov 1, 2017
Meh that's like waiting for an entire Star Wars trilogy or MCU phase to finish to watch the movies. Seems a bit silly and arbitrary.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
213ss9.jpg

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not waiting 6-8 years (rough estimate). I'm there day one for every release.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
An expanded Midgar is the thing I'm most looking forward to anyway so I'll play them as they come out.

Stefarno

I ... survived Sedona
Oct 27, 2017
I don't have any great fondness for VII so i'm happy to wait for a complete collection, however long that may be.

Now, if this was a VIII remake, then things would be very different.

Altera

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Absolutely not. Easily my most anticipated game of next year and I'm not waiting what? 5+ years to play it?

The world might end before the last part releases with the way things are going.

Also people who act like it's not a "full game" until all the games are released is incredibly disingenuous.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Hell no. Don't care if it's just Midgar. I need that shizz in my life as soon as it drops. I am THIRSTY

PlzUninstall

Oct 30, 2017
I love the idea behind playing all of them in one go (it would be a nice experience) but the reality is that I'm far too impatient and want to play them as soon as possible.

They've also said they'll be cutting and adding to it to make each feel like a "full game" so I'm hoping this will make each one feel neater in their individual packages so you're not wanting for this "complete package".

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Play 3+ full length JRPGs back-to-back sounds like hell, if I waited for them all to come out I'd never make it through that long of a marathon.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I have no reverence for the game because I didn't play it originally, so my hype is minimal. I can easily wait for the complete package on ps5

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User banned (1 day): Personal attack.
No. The fact that it is a remake of a single game does not change the fact that each component seems set to be an independently complete title. I didn't wait for Halo 3 to come out before playing Halo 1.

Don't let Jason Schreier trip you up. He's just between real content again.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
FF7 will basically be a series and this is the first entry. It's not like this is some small slither of the full game, they're making an entire game out of Midgar.

I mean Astral Chain was alluded to as a Trilogy but there's no reason not to play the first game now

arturo2666

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be getting part 1 when it comes out, but my buy-in for part 2 is largely dependent on how much I enjoy part 1. I'm not committing to all of it yet.

J2d

Oct 26, 2017
Since the publisher is square I'm not gonna start with something that might take a decade to finish.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather wait tbh. Thing is I can see myself forgetting a lot of the story after having finished each part while waiting for the next, and I think that'd hamper my enjoyment of the game. Fortunately I don't have nostalgia or anticipation as I never played the original, so I'm not as eager to play it as others.

That said, I'm honestly anticipating this will take at least a decade to finish. Looking at how Square Enix handled Kingdom Hearts 3 and FFXV is IMO evidence that it'll take quite a long time to release everything. Plenty of other games to play in the meantime.

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still waiting for Half Life Episode 3 before I play the Orange Box, wait, naw, I'll wait till Half Life 3 before playing any Valve game.

Gonna just play them as released. When the whole collection is released, then I'll play them all again.

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
I basically had zero interest in the game because of it being split into parts and will likely take a long time before we see it finished. The only reason I have the game ordered now is because amazon had a coupon glitch back when they were offering it for $20 less a few months ago. The additional coupon was glitched and counted as another $15 off so the game came out to $25 total.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
Day 1, like who's going to play multiple 40 hour games back to back. I rather enjoy the games as they come and beat them 100%, then wait for the next release.

Spazerbeam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
It looks neat but I don't have any strong desire to play it. Might as well get around to it once the full collection is out to see what all the hubub about FF7 is

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
It'll probably take them as long to fully complete this as it did VS XIII, I mean XV.