• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
See title. Anyone here gaming on a TV/projector with a mouse and keyboard from the living room couch/lazyboy/from a distance? What's your solution?

Post pics please.

From some posts:

Corsair Lapdog:
corsair-lapdog-1-1.jpg

Razer Turret:
71hYrTEF7SL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Couchmaster CYCON:
OIP.09p6ayc6H-nCrqv-G0c2iQHaE8

Last edited:

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
Razer Turret, wireless mechanical kb + m. Plus a lumbar pillow to make sure your back is aligned correctly if you're sitting on a couch for a while.

Any wireless kb+m combo will do, though some are better suited for a lapboard, and others include a built-in pullout mousing surface (like the Turret).

Oct 27, 2017
I recently started since I found out I could stream to my Shield. I've just been using a wireless mouse and a USB extension cable for my keyboard, and use them on the coffee table. It works ok, but it isn't comfortable after playing for long periods. Wouldn't mind getting a lapboard of some sort.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Corsair K63 with lapboard specifically for that keyboard and Razer Mamba Wireless. Super comfy.

Soulstoner

Oct 27, 2017
I use the Corsair K63 mechanical wireless lapboard.

Works great and is comfy. The Couchmaster may or may not be better, depending on how much space you want it to consume on the couch and after using it. The lapboard just rests on its side against my side table once done.

I can't imagine storing the couchmaster anywhere nearby when not in use.

OP
OP
Green

Green

Oct 27, 2017
I'm crying at these solutions that are so expensive. Ah!
I bought this lap desk from Amazon:

Trademark Innovations 32" Portable Curved Shape Lap Desk https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0143LOR1O/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_u3CmFbR5K0CP5

Removed the straps and painted it high gloss black. Then just bought a good wireless mouse and keyboard. I found the lapboard combos were too pricey and the components weren't as good. Making your own lapboard opens up options.

Oh nice! I was crying at all the pricey solutions posted so far.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
For the Keyboard, I just chose a cheap wireless logitech K270. I've lost the dongle for other keyboard before so you have to replace the whole thing for other unlike logitech which has universal and use the keyboard on my lap. For mouse, I have a G502 (used to have a 903), G502 is more comfortable). The key is to place the computer/laptop ( I use a laptop) in a position for which you'll get good signal. Has to be fairly close and uninterrupted. I don't use any lap stuff. I just put a side table beside my sofa and use my mouse from there, some might find this position strange though but when you hit a budget limit, got to make do with whatever you have. Had to make my own TV table and Coffee Table with spare wood around, buy my couch, electronics, side table second hand. So if you want to have a lapboard, make it yourself really.

Last edited:

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Steam Controller handles everything superbly. But if for some reason we absolutely have to do multiplayer with someone on M&KB rather than other controllers, or super rare instance where we're using it for some other reason, usually sat with the sofa arm rest on my right and the mouse seems to work just fine on it (some kind of faux leather material on the arm rest), keyboard on lap.
It's comfortable for hrs at a time, just not ideal, especially with Steam Controllers around.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
Steam controller or nothing when it comes to mouse and keyboard games in the living room (I've made rare exceptions to that). If I can't play it with some kind of controller though, I typically won't play it. That's very few games given how well the Steam controller works.

ReDelicious

Oct 27, 2017
I had some wood already in the backyard, so I just cut it to the size I needed where it would sit on top of my recliners armrests, sanded down the edges really good, covered it in a cheap wallpaper type material that had a wood pattern, then covered the top of it with that stuff you put in drawers to keep things from sliding.

Bam, comfy couch (recliner) PC gaming.