• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Its great actually.

Extremely original, perfectly convey the theme and atmosphere of the game and will stand out between other covers. I like the fact that they didn't try to "use" Ellie to sell the game. Straight to the point and in character.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I can see what they were trying to do with the stacked font following the shadow/contour of her face, but it's just that the image isn't all that appealing or interesting to look at. I get that it needs to stand out on shelves, like Spider-Man. Maybe we'll get a reversible cover. I plan on upgrading to that steelbook edition.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's unfortunate when they had such awesome promo posters but artwork seems to be rarely selected for boxarts

h2fkE4B.jpg

People are too stupid to buy stuff that has anything but the most generic imagery possible.

Or so people in marketing would have you beilieve.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Ugly as sin, but its going to sell anyways so who cares, someone at ND really liked that mug 🤭

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No, its fine. This isn't TLOU part 1, where they had no exposed plot history. If at this point, a person interested in TLOU2 has no clue what happened in TLOU1, then I guess that 'alien from space' would look at the cover and think "I have no clue what this game is". A non alien from space, would look at it, and determine that part 2 is a more brutal story focused on Ellie.

Its fine.

Oct 25, 2017
It's unfortunate when they had such awesome promo posters but artwork seems to be rarely selected for boxarts

h2fkE4B.jpg
The one on the right is beautiful. The left almost, but the hand looks a bit like divine intervention haha.
I know i'm on the minority here but I actually really like it. Anger, hatred, revenge, violence. It really captures the motif of the game.
That's my feeling too. I like the darkness even if it seems simple.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
People are too stupid to buy stuff that has anything but the most generic imagery possible.

Or so people in marketing would have you beilieve.

Sony was fighting with ND over having Ellie be on the cover at all iirc, and they even had a hissy fit with Ellie leading Joel in the cover.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Fits the game fine I think. I don't think it's particularly good or anything, but considering the game looks to be a revenge-epic it's fine.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I think it's really good, people get weirdly hung up when boxart isn't the main characters standing around in a wide shot for some reason.

The art tells me everything I need to know about a sequel to Last of Us. Ellie's the main character and she's out for revenge, cool.

I also like the Death Stranding art, obviously it doesn't explain the game well other than showing Norman Reedus is in it and it's sci fi, but it definitely sets a mood, so does this one. To think Ellie standing in the woods with an, in comparison, expressionless face holding a gun is a better box art is crazy to me.
Yeah, I like both covers. With DS I wish they had gone with the art they showed recently but this cover fits TLOU imo.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
probably chosen by marketing experts wiser than us, but yeah I hate it too.
I also disliked Spiderman's but it's one of the best sellers of the generation, so they probably know their stuff

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Its great actually.

Extremely original, perfectly convey the theme and atmosphere of the game and will stand out between other covers. I like the fact that they didn't try to "use" Ellie to sell the game. Straight to the point and in character.
Mgs4 had the same thing a decade ago, so it's not original.

Elodes

Looks to the Moon
Nov 1, 2017
The Netherlands
What the heck? This cover's amazing -- much much better than all the other covers that have been thrown around in this thread.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
It's really ugly, I hope they release some special edition here in Europe with a diferent boxart. Hell, I'd even prefer white logo over black background.

Status
Not open for further replies.