• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jankuza

Jan 13, 2021
A Emu Collection would be really disappointing. With 3D Allstars it was alright because Nintendo themselves never released better versions than those. But the N64 and Gamecube Versions of the Zelda Games would be a dissapointment, because there are offical remaster that are better than the originals.

Oct 25, 2017
I would be surprised given that they'd want attention on Skyward Sword and potentially BOTW2. They could be saving a Zelda collection for August/September reveal and fall/holiday launch.

Guys... I know Nintendo is crazy... but come on. I'm not saying we'll see BotW 2 or a Zelda collection but I don't think SSHD, a Wii port, will have much of a focus at E3. We'll probably see a quick reminder and maybe some of it at the treehouse live but that's it.
Why would it be crazy for them to want to promote one of their only first party releases coming in the next few months? We'll see some kind of trailer and probably some kind of treehouse demonstration that showcases the Switch QOL improvements.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
TP/WW was all but guaranteed by insiders.

I hope for "A Link Between Worlds" port for Switch. Fantastic game.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
No. We're getting Skyward Sword HD as the anniversary title. Maybe Nintendo Online will add a few titles too. But I don't think they'll repeat last year's Mario anniversary since they was mostly done to promote the delayed theme park.

Metroid might actually get the anniversary attention for once.

Katmeister

Banned
May 1, 2021
Why would it be crazy for them to want to promote one of their only first party releases coming in the next few months? We'll see some kind of trailer and probably some kind of treehouse demonstration that showcases the Switch QOL improvements.

Because it's just a port of a Wii game with new control options. Nintendo will remind us that it exists but they're not going to focus on it because it's not a major release and it's already been shown off with a proper trailer.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
I'd take a remake of an old classic like Zelda 2 than a collection. The Zelda games have been rereleased so many times that I think I'm much less interested in them. But assuming they saw the sales success that was MARIO 3D ALL STARS and decide to do a ZELDA ALL STARS, it's probably going to be OOT/MM (possibly usinf the 3DS builds) plus either WWHD, TPHD or both. Or they could potentially break it up into 2 releases. One focusing on the N64 ERA OOT/MM plus some bonus content and another focusing on the WII/GC era WWHD/TPHD plus some other bonus content. In either scenario, I'm not very enthused and I consider myself a pretty big Zelda fan.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think chances are pretty good that we'll see more Zelda ports/remasters this year. Sadly, the hints we've gotten from journalists seem to point towards Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD rather than the N64 games.

Allyougame

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo plans to sell as many copies of Skyward Sword HD remaster as possible leading up to its July release. I'm not expecting them to talk about any other Zelda release before then.

slothrop

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 28, 2019
USA
I think they will wait until at least after skyward sword has baked for a few months. If botw2 is 2022 they might do it this year, if botw2 is 2021 then not until next year.

Christo750

May 10, 2018
Twilight Princess and Wind Waker feel like givens because the remaster work is already done on them. Ocarina and Majora 3D would be the real wins and I hope they happen.

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
With Skyward Sword HD, I don't see it happening this E3. And after the recent Mario collection, I doubt I'll like what they'd do with a Zelda collection.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
I think chances are pretty good that we'll see more Zelda ports/remasters this year. Sadly, the hints we've gotten from journalists seem to point towards Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD rather than the N64 games.
Yeah that makes sense, and since those 2 came out at full price on Wii U, they can at least show it's now a 'value' propostion to have 2 games for full price.
It would be very underhwelming for their core fans who probably already have those games on Wii U though and they have to know that's what a lot of the Zelda fanbase is. They'll probably throw in a 3rd game or something from the vault like BS ZELDA/BS LTTP remakes on SFC as sweeteners, but just those 2 games will sadly be no buy from me.

plufim

Sep 29, 2018
Im expecting them to announce a zelda direct at E3 that'll happen shortly after Skyward Sword releases. They won't want to potentially impact sales of Skyward Sword by announcing the inevitable WW/TP collection, which will make it look pretty poor value by comparison. They'll likely have a truckload of merch (please please Zelda lego).

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think they'll announce any sort of collection as long as consumers are happy to pay full-price for a simple remaster of the classic games.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
They announced Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury and the Mario 3D All-Stars Collection at the same time right? I don't see why they could do a similar thing with Zelda but just the opposite. With Skyward Sword HD releasing a month later and a potential collection in the Fall.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Yes. someone that is a known journalist with good information is fairly certain that they will be revealed this E3 and that they do in fact exist. All I know is that there is TP and WW HD for sure on top of the SS HD trailer and BOTW2. There could be more (mario 99 style zelda varient, Ocarina of Time / n64 virtual console, other handheld zelda titles returning, etc).

Sten_Monkey

Alt-Account
Banned
Apr 22, 2021
They'll announce that the Zelda Loftwing amiibo unlocks NSO N64 with OOT and MM. 👀

Zelda 1-3 are already on Switch, LA has the remake on Switch, we literally have TP on every Nintendo console since GC. I got WW on Wii U. There's not much they could do with a collection to get me excited. NSO N64 with OOT and MM would be great. I'd be excited for Oracle remakes!

Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask have been on the N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U and 3DS.

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
Because it's just a port of a Wii game with new control options. Nintendo will remind us that it exists but they're not going to focus on it because it's not a major release and it's already been shown off with a proper trailer.
Yeah i kind of see it being a simple reminder or being part of an upcoming games reel

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I'm not sure what you're saying in practice here. Can you tell me what the effective difference is for you between "remind us that it exists" or "quick reminder" and "focus on it"? Just so when I come to serve you crow I have something tangible. 😉

Seems you're suggesting a quick glance as part of a reel (ie, nothing qualifying as a trailer) and maybe some time in a separate Treehouse segment?

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
Wind Waker HD + Twlight Princess HD double pack is 100% happening.

I wouldn't be surprised if these are full $60 separate releases. I mean Nintendo Nintendo ported over an unpopular 3DS title (Miitopia) and managed to increase the price to $50. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the real reason the Metroid Prime Trilogy didn't happen (and not the motion controls work of Metroid Prime 3) because Nintendo would deem three Metroid games for $60 "to much value". If we get a 3DS Ocarina of Time port, that will also be $50 and won't come with Majora's Mask.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Nah. I think they're all in on promoting Skyward Sword HD and, after that, BOTW2. I don't see another big Zelda project from them while they're in the promo cycle.

mudron

Feb 13, 2020
There's no way in hell they're remaking any of the games (outside of the *slimmest* chance they might end up using the Link's Awakening remake's engin for a LTTP remake), but there's really no reason not to dish out a Zelda 2D Classics collection with Zelda, AoL, Link's Awakening and LTTP (and maybe throw the Oracle games and Minish Cap in there for the hell of it) and a Zelda 3D Classics collection containing Ocarina + Master Quest, MM, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.

slothrop

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 28, 2019
USA
I'm expecting a WW + TP double pack in Q3 and BotW 2 in Q4.
Are you taking calendar quarters or Nintendo FY quarters. I don't see both happening in Calendar 2021, but I could see BotW in March if WW+TP is a holiday game.

I just can't see them putting out 3 different Zelda releases in a 6 month period. It makes much more sense to save one for next year. Plus they don't have a ton of Wii U gamees left to rerelease, you'd think they'd want to save one of them to fill some time in the future.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
Are you taking calendar quarters or Nintendo FY quarters. I don't see both happening in Calendar 2021, but I could see BotW in March if WW+TP is a holiday game.

I just can't see them putting out 3 different Zelda releases in a 6 month period. It makes much more sense to save one for next year. Plus they don't have a ton of Wii U gamees left to rerelease, you'd think they'd want to save one of them to fill some time in the future.

Fiscal Quarters, I think BotW 2 will be March 2022, just not sure on the best month for a potential double pack

sbenji

Jul 25, 2019
Just give us wind waker. Would prefer that over botw2. It is one of my favorite games and is essentially ageless.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
TP/WW was all but guaranteed by insiders.

I hope for "A Link Between Worlds" port for Switch. Fantastic game.

I didn't even consider this... I think that's actually a possibility. Game looks fantastic even just upscaled in emulation already. They have the 3 3DS Zelda games that would take minimal work to port to Switch I think. I can see those happening before WWHD and TPHD ports. They'll want to space those out from SSHD. But the 3DS Zeldas? I wonder...

Let's see... OoT came out in '98. That gives it an "obvious" 25th anniversary re-release for 2023. So...

SSHD 2021
BotW2 early 2022
ALBW "HD" late 2022
OoT "HD" early 2023 (25th anniversary)
WWHD late 2023 (10th anniversary from Wii U, 20th anniversary from GameCube)
MM "HD" early 2024
TPHD late 2024

I'd prefer they didn't stretch them out that much, but I could see it.

Edit: I wonder if they'd be interested in giving Oracle of Ages and Seasons the Link's Awakening treatment, too. That seems like the logical thing to do at some point as well. Then you have Minish Cap (my personal favourite 2D Zelda post ALttP) and Zelda 2... And in a very edge-case some sort of remaster/port for controller of the 2 DS Zeldas Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks... hmmm...

Last edited:

Katmeister

Banned
May 1, 2021
I guess I'm not sure what you're saying in practice here. Can you tell me what the effective difference is for you between "remind us that it exists" or "quick reminder" and "focus on it"? Just so when I come to serve you crow I have something tangible. 😉

Seems you're suggesting a quick glance as part of a reel (ie, nothing qualifying as a trailer) and maybe some time in a separate Treehouse segment?

I think a quick reminder would be it either being relegated to a reel of trailer footage, or a quick section reminding people Skyward Sword HD is coming. Like a minute or two. Focusing on it would be a full section of a few minutes in length with a full trailer.

Btw if it does get focused on. Please don't give me crow to eat I will have suffered enough having to watch them market Skyward Sword again :p

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
I don't think so. Nintendo has historically shown that they don't need to bend to the pressure of consumer demand for their establish IPs and whatever they release will be be just as anticipated whether it releases now or in a few years.

Oct 25, 2017
Like a minute or two. Focusing on it would be a full section of a few minutes in length with a full trailer.
If that's the difference then.... 🤷‍♂️ we're just being pedantic. We can only speculate and I don't think we disagree much beyond use of the word "focus", which is hard to define here.

The point was that Nintendo will want to ensure fans focus on what's imminent, Skyward Sword, since it's an upcoming full price release. Announcing remasters/ports of other upcoming 3D Zeldas might distract some people from spending their money *now* on Skyward Sword.

As to whether that means they also delay showing BOTW2.... I don't think so. I expect to see both.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Considering the Mario Collection...

latest

$60 for this please.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Would multiple Switch consoles +/- online multiplayer finally allow Four Swords Adventures to be ported? I believe it and Crossbow Training are the only console Zeldas to never get a rerelease.

And I'd be way more excited for them than any Zelda rerelease outside of Ocarina/Majora 3D on Switch.

Borgus

Apr 14, 2020
Toronto
I think there are three Possibilities:

1. Triforce Collection (Limited Emu Collection like 3D Allstars with OoT N64, WW GC and TP GC)

2. WW/TP HD Collection (WiiU Ports) and OoT/MM are coming as part of N64 Online

3. A OoT3D/MM3D/WW/TP Collection (3DS/WiiU Ports) or two collections sold separately.

Its for sure gonna be #1.

ika

Oct 27, 2017
MAD, Spain
God I hope not, I want they to announce actual new Zelda games and stop with the ports for a while.

A focus on BOTW2, a completely new 2D Zelda teased, maybe details on Age of Calamity DLC and some special Anniversary goods (Lego, Game&Watch, a Dungeon Maker or a limited Zelda 35 on NSO), but please leave ports for the next few years when the Zelda team is stating a new big project to fill the void of those years. Even a remake of a very old game with the LA engine would be preferable than release OOT, MM, WW and TP once again. And don't get me wrong, I LOVE those games, but I played them many times already in the past few years (3DS, Wii U) and I want new Zelda experiences for a change. 2017 is too far away already, we're due.