• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I picked up the Tron cabinet a couple weeks ago but haven't had time until tonight to try and build it. After getting it all built and turning it on for the first time, it froze in the online setup. After waiting a bit with it being responsive, I unplugged it and try to plug it back in again but now the game doesn't boot at all. There's clearly some power going to it as the controller and one of the panels light up, but the screen never shows anything and no sound comes out of the cabinet. I tried unplugging and replugging all the internal wiring again just in case something wasn't connected firmly, but still the same result.

I'm assuming it's dead and have contacted their customer support already. I figure with the holidays, I won't get a response for awhile but I'm just curious what to expect. Do they have good customer support? Are they going to be pretty easy about getting this fixed or are they want to go back and forth with trying stuff out and doing everything possible to avoid a repair until there's clearly no other choice? I'm also wondering if there's something I missed like a way to hard reset the system or something. If you did get a repair, what was the turn around time? Pretty bummed that I finally get a break to play this and it's dead.

Osu 16 Bit

QA Lead at NetherRealm Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
Yes, I had a part missing in one of mine. I e-mailed them, got a response back quickly, and without asking any questions or putting up a fuss they sent me a new one. Not sure how they'll handle a software style problem like that, but at least for my issue they were great.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I know we were arguing in the other thread lol but I appreciate ya Darknight, not for a defective game, I was missing something I had ordered and they got it out to me with 2 day shipping, shipped the day after I contacted them. I was impressed. Likely a small team who are overrun for the holidays.

The quality of their instructions however were atrocious, hoo boy they need to do something about that. Literally tells people to mount a board to the metal backing of the monitor.

Sep 7, 2021
I had the screen fritz out on my SF2 cabinet. It took them about a month of back and forth with me testing a new pcb and taking pictures to convince them to send me a new screen. Then it took about 6 months to get the screen due to shortages of the part. But, they were generally nice about it.

To comment on the OP, it seems like it might just be the board for the game. They can send you a new one of those quick. I got mine within a week or two.

OP
OP
Darknight

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
Good to hear that they're easy to deal with. Looks like they've already replied back asking for more info so that's a good sign.

OP
OP
Darknight

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
Just to follow up on my experience, here's what has happened so far.

12/24 - Ticket submitted about my problem
12/25 - Response from customer support asking me to try a few things and to submit some further details such as a video of me powering on the cabinet, a picture of the panel with the product number and serial number, and my mailing address
12/31 - Even though they were surprisingly prompt with the reply, I couldn't get back to them until 6 days later which is totally on me and not them. I respond back with the info they needed and a few further details
1/1 - At 2:30am, only 12 hours after I responded, they reply back saying they will ship me a new PC board and ribbon cable but they are currently don't have them in the warehouse since it's a brand new product and have submitted a request to obtain one from their manufacturer and will notify me when it arrives and they ship it.
1/5 - Notification that my parts have shipped

I have to say I've been pretty happy with how responsive they are despite being during the holidays and have told them as much about that appreciation. I probably would have gotten things fixed sooner had I responded to them quicker, but the support has been really solid and top notch so far. Hopefully everything works once I replace the parts that they send me.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Just to follow up on my experience, here's what has happened so far.

12/24 - Ticket submitted about my problem
12/25 - Response from customer support asking me to try a few things and to submit some further details such as a video of me powering on the cabinet, a picture of the panel with the product number and serial number, and my mailing address
12/31 - Even though they were surprisingly prompt with the reply, I couldn't get back to them until 6 days later which is totally on me and not them. I respond back with the info they needed and a few further details
1/1 - At 2:30am, only 12 hours after I responded, they reply back saying they will ship me a new PC board and ribbon cable but they are currently don't have them in the warehouse since it's a brand new product and have submitted a request to obtain one from their manufacturer and will notify me when it arrives and they ship it.
1/5 - Notification that my parts have shipped

I have to say I've been pretty happy with how responsive they are despite being during the holidays and have told them as much about that appreciation. I probably would have gotten things fixed sooner had I responded to them quicker, but the support has been really solid and top notch so far. Hopefully everything works once I replace the parts that they send me.
That's fantastic customer support!

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
Yes, I had a part missing in one of mine. I e-mailed them, got a response back quickly, and without asking any questions or putting up a fuss they sent me a new one. Not sure how they'll handle a software style problem like that, but at least for my issue they were great.

Yep, I had the same kind of experience with them. No complaints.