• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
Ever since we got the mandatory WFH order, my workload has gone down quite a bit. Don't know if it's the huge gap of face to face meeting or chatting, but I often don't have a lot to do during a given day as of yet. Granted we have only been on this regiment for a week so maybe things will change since my coworkers and boss are having to handle their kids as well and I don't have one. I've been asking for work and haven't really gotten any.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Yesterday was slammed but today has been pretty quiet. Our WFH stuff operates exactly as it does in the office, but things from our clients have slowed down. It's... weird. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.

Heidern

Oct 30, 2017
Connecticut
Yeah, I've been bug fixing on our legacy product and my workload has slowed down quite a bit now that the new cloud product is launched. WFH has been considerably less busy than even my normal slower work days.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
No change here, but I work for a distributed company. Just because the SF office is closed doesn't mean our work stops.

NeverWas

Feb 28, 2019
I rewrite and convert technical manuals as busy work between projects, and the governing body of law enforcement just put out a 2000 page revision of their current manual, so I have the next few months locked down, at the very least.

Viewt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I work for an agency with a distributed workforce. Some of us were already working from home most of the time (I was 50/50), so the work feels very much the same. Half of my team works in Toronto (I work in Chicago), so I was already used to not seeing them.

There was a bit of wonkiness last week as people were getting used to having their kids at home (doesn't affect me, but I work with a lot of people with families), but this week, it feels pretty business as usual.

mere_immortal

Oct 25, 2017
I work from home normally anyway but there's been a noticeable reduction in emails and random calls over the past week. Might pick up again soon when the other couple of hundred in my area of the business start working from home too.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Work itself is unchanged, same tasks and hours, it's just way slower. Just space out activities and don't try to finish everything all at once (like an entire Lego set). My fiance and I have done pretty well with variety and keeping busy.

Zaphod

Aug 21, 2019
Busy as ever for me. Not sure how long that will last though, since most of our customers are slowing down production.

zero2000

Oct 28, 2017
No more rugby practice, workouts, games, socials and fundraising. I need to fill 20 hours of my week now with other stuff. And I can't play video games that long

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have you heard of Animal Crossing? I'm also in a class (also remote...) so I'm getting paid to do homework!

grang

Nov 13, 2017
I'm an admin assistant for a non profit. Frankly I'm lucky they're still paying me as there is just not a lot I can do.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
It happens.

Use the time to upgrade your skills, gain new ones and so on. Or pursue some hobbies. Vegging gets old.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have lots to do. The real question is, am I doing those things? No, I am not.

Goodlifr

Nov 6, 2017
I've never been so busy in my work life. (19 years)

It's crazy, not a second to stop and 3 young kids to try and entertain / teach

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
I started working from home about 2 years ago and I noticed this immediately. Here's what I've surmised happened.

-I'm doing close to the same amount of work as before, but with less distractions
-Taking less breaks
-Less people coming to my desk asking me to do something different than what I'm currently doing

The last one is the big one. I never minded getting distracted by another problem (I actually miss it), but without that, I'm focusing way more on the projects in front of me and getting it done. I definitely still have busy days, some of which I have no clue how I would have managed them if I were in the office.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
on a much consistent workout routine, ingesting more media than ever, and now animal crossing?

not enough time in the day.

Sirenja

Oct 27, 2017
I work for a call center in telecommunications and the lines have like 400+ waiting customers every day & every second is still strictly monitored~ Working from home doesn't help here sadly

Stryder

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
US
Edit: Misread the title

I do have a lack of things to do because my job is about talking to people at wokr about what they need to do. So now i make a crap ton of meetings on skype.

Deleted member 18502

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Would love for those loafing at home to be replaced by someone who would be grateful to have to the work.

Oct 28, 2017
My case load is like half of what it was previously.

I've resorted to cleaning my house and wiggling my mouse every so often

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
My work load certainly is lighter than on normal days when I'm in the office. It's hard to do anything else in those gaps though since I'm still expected to be reachable. It's fine though because I don't know how I'd be able to handle a normal workload on a slow laptop and slow Internet and with home distractions.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
My mother is a medical transcriptionist and says that since alot of private practices have closed she's been just staring at the screen waiting for work to come.

Gabriel

Oct 25, 2017
I thought workload would decrease a bit since people would be distracted by the situation and having to WFH...but its been busier than ever.

I wanted to play Animal Crossing like the rest of you! No...I have to work!

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My computer being a slow, laggy mess and everything being 10 times more inconvenient now that I have to access stuff remotely and download large files for every little thing I do is keeping me very busy. I spend about two hours a day doing actual work and six hours and a half fighting against my computer.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
My computer being a slow, laggy mess and everything being 10 times more inconvenient now that I have to access stuff remotely and download large files for every little thing I do is keeping me very busy. I spend about two hours a day doing actual work and six hours and a half fighting against my computer.
Yeah I'm having the same issue. It has massively increased the amount of time it took me to do smaller tasks so it's been uh, a lot more difficult to work than I was hoping for.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
I've been slammed by work since we started WFH.

Apparently auditors can also work from home so we are super busy, and I'm on training next week.

Ugh. It's hard.

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
It's always feast or famine at my job. Feels famine to me due to my IDEs' deciding to not work while I have to do my last thing before going on vacation next week.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I pretty much just sit around most days waiting for e-mails or Slack messages to respond to.

We just weren't prepared/set-up to work from home and are trying to cobble together a plan as we go.