• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Would you kill KH in favor of a Disney-only RPG?

• Yes, fuck Sora and company.

Votes: 669 52.2%
  • Nope, I like KH

Votes: 613 47.8%

• Total voters

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
In concept, I should like Kingdom Hearts. An RPG where you visit the worlds of Disney Movies and tag along with characters from the movies in original stories within those worlds? That sounds awesome! But, there's one little huge issue... the non-Disney content.

Look, if you like Kingdom Hearts, I'm not judging you as I'm not above liking anime bullshit in other games that go way more overboard than KH, but goddamn is all the non Disney stuff awkward. I watched some KH3 gameplay the day it came out and it starts out by talking some shit about light and darkness while two anime characters play chess, why!? I just want to visit the Disney worlds without any of that shit.

So, would you like to see a proper Disney-only RPG if it meant Kingdom Hearts stopped being made?

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely. While I still like Kingdom Hearts, it was very disheartening to see well-written and simple Disney stories get ruined by KH's convoluted bullshit.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
one of the cringest ops I've ever read.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I always wanted an RPG were the Disney Princesses teamed up as one group that went to defend all the different places in the Disney universe.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, "fuck Kingdom Hearts" is far too strong for my feelings towards the series, but I would like some form of Disney-only games.

Lua

Aug 9, 2018
I want the anime bs without disney, i never liked their ip's. Kh nonsense is way more entertaining than whatever adventures mickey donald and goofy could have to me.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
KH probably has the worst writing and directing of anything I've ever played/watched/read ever. It's almost impressive.

As someone that has played kH 1/2/bbs/ddd/0.2 I was skipping every cutscene half way through KH3. Straight terrible.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I'd potentially fuck with it.

Never been interested in KH because from what I've seen it is very much not for me and quite offputting, so yeah. Maybe>

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
This kinda-sorta already happened with Disney Magical World, which mixes RPG elements with Animal Crossing life sim bits

personally though the Disney stuff in KH is just kinda boring, especially when it's just a retread of the film's story but without the fun musical numbers and comedy. Seriously count how many times you laugh while playing KH, it's bafflingly rare in my experience.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
KH3 also has some Sonic-Adventure-2-tier awkward pauses between dialogue in the first hours. It's so bad.
Yeah, I was skipping every interaction and cutscene half way through, couldn't deal with it anymore.

KH3 i truly a masterclass in terrible story-telling and direction.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
In concept, I should like Kingdom Hearts. An RPG where you visit the worlds of Disney Movies and tag along with characters from the movies in original stories within those worlds? That sounds awesome! But, there's one little huge issue... the non-Disney content.

Look, if you like Kingdom Hearts, I'm not judging you as I'm not above liking anime bullshit in other games that go way more overboard than KH, but goddamn is all the non Disney stuff awkward. I watched some KH3 gameplay the day it came out and it starts out by talking some shit about light and darkness while two anime characters play chess, why!? I just want to visit the Disney worlds without any of that shit.

So, would you like to see a proper Disney-only RPG if it meant Kingdom Hearts stopped being made?

I think true "cringe" is when grown men sound exactly little kids dumping on something just from an opening scene and not giving it a proper chance.

I mean really, invest some time into something before criticizing it

Deleted member 44122

i like the non-disney stuff more than the disney stuff in kh. i wouldnt mind a title without any disney whatsoever in it

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
You think that the villain and a good guy as younger people playing chess and talking about the future foreshadowing events of the game is anime cringe? I could argue that there are anime like games like the Neptunia series or stuff that looks really lewd or whatever as cringe.

You have to remember, there are people out there that think FFXIIIs characters Vanille or Hope are cringe by how they speak or act or whatever. I completely disagree though. I did try shenmue 1 though and MAYBE i could see that being called cringe for some parts, somehow. but KH isnt that bad IMO.

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OP: Hey, I'm not judging you if you like Kingdom Hearts

Also OP: *heavily judges people who like Kingdom Hearts.

lightning16

May 17, 2019
I'd prefer something Disney only and I actually like anime. KH's brand of anime just seems exceedingly dull and imo it's very unappealing aesthetically.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
I just want more Disney Infinity, the stuff they had planned for the next release before it got canned looked great.

Deleted member 4262

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I actually want KH with worlds from Final Fantasy and other Square games instead of Disney.

That being said, I do think the games need better writing in general.

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
What if, like, there's a Disney based jrpg completely unrelated to KH, and there's actually zero need to kill any other franchise for that?

Because that's probably what would happen outside the realm of agressive internet forum discussion.

Not that i care about KH at this point, it just doesn't make sense to cancel a really lucrative series with a huge dedicated fanbase.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Life of Times of Scrooge McDuck RPG. You don't have any abilities that a duckman wouldn't realistically have as sourced by history books from the late 1800s.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
Nah, the best KH moments are when there's no Disney stuff.

The best moments of KH3 are the last 5 hours, wanna know why? Because it actually focuses on Kingdom hearts, not Disney filler stuff.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
I liked the idea of Final Fantasy x Disney. Over time it got farther and farther away from that and turned into a trashcan of convoluted poorly written nonsense.

The original pitch was cool but as it delved deeper into its original plot and characters the series fell off a cliff for me.

Pineapple

One Winged Slayer
Mar 26, 2019
USA
I don't mind anime stuff/or things like it, but I just don't really care for the Kingdom Hearts parts of these games. Even if Kingdom Hearts only existed as a completely original idea. The fact it has Disney stuff in the games is the only reason I even try/play them.

So yeah I would love a completely Disney focus game in that style.