• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Every time I see a red snapback my mind immediately tells me its a MAGA hat, and I just can't get over it.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Completely ruined them. I always have to take a second look now.

Last edited:

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
If it's a fairly plain red hat then it looks like it's making a statement too me

I do have a red hat I sometimes wear that I don't think anyone would mistake for a Trump hat from the front, I probably wear it less now though

9e0eb528-e277-5e60-9527-9b0e32815f93_2048x2048.jpg

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I have a red Cavaliers hat that I only wear outside around the house. It's clearly not a MAGA hat, but I still don't want any suspicion on me.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Trump must have felt comfortable going to the World Series because of all the red Nationals caps.

kennyamr

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY, USA
My favorite one is a red one and I wear it often. I haven't even thought about it.
I don't think I should stop doing something I like just because some idiotic humans decide to do that same thing.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
I live in Québec, and have never seen one in the wild, but yeah everytime I see a red hat I do a double take.

Québec city mosque shooting terorist had one, so I am sure there are some out there, definitely white supremacists.

1549662946977-Screen-Shot-2019-02-08-at-45515-PM.png

Hokahey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I refuse to not wear my Kansas City Chiefs hat. But I always notice a few second looks from people. Sucks it has to be like that.

Oct 25, 2017
Lol yeah I was just thinking of this the other. Whenever I see one, I think of MAGA hat, but I live in a super liberal area, so even though there are probably a lot of Trump supporters around, they wouldn't dare wear one in public.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, completely ruined them. It doesn't help that my university's color is red, so whenever I see red hats on campus, I automatically associate it with white supremacy.

Deleted member 29464

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
There's two stages to this for me in the UK. Squint to see if it's a MAGA hat, then squint further to actually read the text to see if it's a parody. I've only seen a couple in real life, but seeing so many on the Internet has turned this into a habit.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
I don't wear my Ferrari hat anywhere but to watch races. Shits real.

I also side eye any colored 'funny' MAGA spoofs. Like that shit stopped being funny once the racist shit heel won

collige

Oct 31, 2017
In DC, it's generally a guessing game between MAGA tourist or Nats fan. Whole lot more of the latter right now though for obvious reasons.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
In DC, it's generally a guessing game between MAGA tourist or Nats fan. Whole lot more of the latter right now though for obvious reasons.

This for me.

Hell I saw MAGA hats pop up quite a bit back when I was in NYC a couple years back. One of those belonged to my jackass project manager. So that was fun. :\

Dogenzaka

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 20, 2019
They didn't ruin red hats for me, but like others have said I definitely double take when I see one just to make sure lol.

MidnightMania

Oct 31, 2017
I will have everyone know that it is just a STL Cardinals cap. But then, If I wear it out in public, people won't even look hard since I live in Trump country.

ascii42

Oct 25, 2017
I've lived in Georgia for a decade. UGA, and Atlanta's football, basketball, and baseball teams all have red as a main color. So I've been pretty used to seeing red hats without thinking of MAGA.

farmland

Oct 30, 2017
I associate red with the left, so as long as it doesn't have anything explicitly right wing on it I don't have any issue with it.

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I own a red Chicago Blackhawks hat, and only ever wear it at home games because everyone there knows it's not a MAGA hat. Anywhere else and I get paranoid about people thinking I'm a racist dick.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
For my own anxiety and blood pressure I can't, living in DC. One, a lot of the tourist shops will sell white or blue MAGA hats to shitty tourist punks who are the only ones oblivious or edgelord enough to wear them openly around here unless there's a rally of some kind. Two, the Nats, although I swear the shade of red is different for Nats and MAGA.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
I'm surrounded by people with Chief's hats and I am always wondering if they are wearing that hat... lol.

Oct 27, 2017
Yep. Cant even buy my buy son a red hat. "That baby is a racist!"

My wife thinks I'm crazy but I'm just not gonna go there.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I find it hard not to see at least vague racism with the red hat, yea. I mean, Trump came along with his casual and sometimes overt racism, and suddenly old white people just erupted with what seemed to be bottled up hate.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, I always think Trump supporter when I see them. And I've seen folks (usually tourists) wearing the real deal in DC and NYC, albeit pretty rarely.

Ponn

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Red is my favorite color. I'm not going to let a bunch of white supremacists pieces of shit ruin that

I always love this particular hot take because it completely misses the point. Nobody is telling you that you can't do something or wear something. It's about people's reaction and perception, which you have no control over.

"I love wearing white hoods and I'm not gonna let the KKK ruin that for me!" Shit is what it is, just don't be shocked by people's reaction.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
I've never actually seen a MAGA hat in public. So when I see a red hat I don't make assumptions they must be white supremacists (if it was a MAGA hat well the story would be different).

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, Trump doesn't get ALL red hats co-opted.

Either way, I'm sure it'll calm down quickly enough after Trump leaves office.

Deleted member 3815

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Last year, I brought a red hat to take on holiday to France and Spain but after thinking about it I realise it was tainted due to Trump and MAGA, so I brought a grey hat.

Shame really as red is my favorite colour.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
I live in Canada and even I do a double-take when I see a red hat. Wish I could say it was irrational, but I have seen MAGA hats more than acouple times.

In fucking Canada.