• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wetalo

Feb 9, 2018
I barely use my PS4. Bought a gaming desktop and didn't like that either.

Finally caved and bought a gaming laptop and boy do I love it. I basically live in three different homes and having my work/gaming station with me everywhere I go is so nice.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Nope.

If it wasn't for fighting games, I would have touched my PS4 in almost a year and a half, my PC in my living room has taken over 80% of gaming duties, with my switch taking the other 20%.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
I honestly don't know what some of you guys do with your PCs. I'm using mine almost daily and haven't had any issues that weren't solved by a reboot in like a decade.

I feel like using excel is harder than gaming on PC these days.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
yall "pc gaming since forever" people are insufferable when it comes to people complaining about the monotony of just how finicky and broken gaming can be on pc

I have not once been able to play a game on my pc without 20 minutes of tinkering just to get the motherfuckers to work. Theres so much tedious technical bullshit that it just does not justify the time spent with it.

those few extra frames and 4k are not worth the hassle and stress of constant system management when console games typically just work
is double the framerate is few extra frames?

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
yall "pc gaming since forever" people are insufferable when it comes to people complaining about the monotony of just how finicky and broken gaming can be on pc

I have not once been able to play a game on my pc without 20 minutes of tinkering just to get the motherfuckers to work. Theres so much tedious technical bullshit that it just does not justify the time spent with it.

those few extra frames and 4k are not worth the hassle and stress of constant system management when console games typically just work

This is just ridiculous lol.

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
As a desktop user with a 1070 gtx FFXV booted fine and didnt had any problems. It literaly was buy-> install -> turn on controller -> >disable v-sync ->play.

I hope the next time you try you don't have such an experience. I don't play on laptop so i don't know how viable they are

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
I'm dabbling with it at the minute and finding it can be a bit of a pain. It's also quite funny to me the people who say it's just as convenient as a console, especially with a TV and a controller. PCs have so many advantages but that isn't one of them.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China

Did you hear? The Beijing Olympics are next year!

May 25, 2019
London
I think a lot of us PC gamers have tried to make it work on a laptop in the past and just gotten burned every time. It's always going to be a compromise in one or more areas. Give it a shot with a moderately specced desktop that you can upgrade over time as you get more into it.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
I wouldn't say I failed hard, I preferred the experience something else offered me.

I am keenly watching how things play out in the streaming world though.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
No such thing as a "gaming" laptop. They will always pale in comparison to a decent desktop. Try again with a desktop.

And your issues with your icons changing was most likely due to a sensitive touchpad on the laptop which would cause that issue.

Oct 29, 2017

Um, ok.

Other people aren't having these problems so instead of implying they're snobby and lying about the problems they're having maybe you should take a step back and consider that you might be the outlier here, because if everyone had THIS much trouble just getting a game to work, nobody would play on PC.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
"I've considered PC gaming"
"I'm lazy, ignorant and appreciate the comfort and relative hassle free nature of consoles."
ok?

Aye man, if there's something you're trying to say, say it with your chest. I replied to a thread about my experience and what I ultimately concluded (about myself and what I like). This "ok?" stuff comes off as a passive aggressive dweeb move.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, I enjoy ultra enhanced versions of games I love a billion times more than I wince about the time it takes to set them up "proper".

And playing Final Fantasy Tactics, Katamari Damacy, Halo Reach, Pikmin 2, Super Mario Galaxy, Resident Evil REmake 1 and Resident Evil 2 Dreamcast version and DOOM and XCOM 2 with full mods all on the same machine beats the ever loving fuck out of what any console might think it offers, even if Playstation holds onto Bloodborne with all its might!

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
'Open GeForce Experience"
'Click Optimize'
'Open Steam'
'Play'

What do you do for 20 minutes?

smocaine

Oct 30, 2019
Before people start dunking on laptops, remember, there's deals to be had, as with any product. Be savvy, browse deal websites, etc.
This is what I got Sept. last year; https://slickdeals.net/f/13360861-d...ssd-gtx-1660-ti-150-visa-gc-715-free-shipping

It was actually cheaper than this deal, since you could get a -10% discount code for signing up for a newsletter. Plus Amex cashback. In total it cost me $500 for a 1660ti laptop... cheaper than building a computer. PLUS 'Alienware Arena' has given me $200 in 'Dell Rewards' and Xbox Game Pass codes just for going to their site daily.

Note; I build computers all the time, and will continue to do so.

As for the laptop itself? I think it's great. I can easily bring it downstairs to play on the TV, round a friends house, in bed, at a desk, etc.
As for overheating, people get way too worked up over this. I've built small form factors PCs, and they have high temps too. CPUs can run at 90c for years just fine. I just have ThrottleStop setup, and the CPU holds 3.9GHz (which is still crazy to me) consistently. GPU never goes above 70c, I can actually overclock it.

As for the OP? No, I love the freedom PC provides. Right now I'm on a 00's RTS binge, while playing a comunity-enhanced version of SIlent Hill 2.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018

Pick a graphics preset or boot up Geforce Experience and hit optimize for whatever game you're playing and you're done. If you're testing one setting at a time then you only have yourself to blame for spending 20 minutes on tinkering. It's really not that hard.

piratethingy

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Dear OP: if you're still interested enough to ask, I urge you to consider building your own PC. It is much easier than it sounds, by far the best value for your money, and you'll learn a few things that will only make regularly gaming on a pc easier for you.

Please consider it, PC gaming has so much to offer and I really think you'll fall in love with mods, emulators, having direct control over the settings that matter to you, the abundance of control options, the unique games you can't get on console, etc etc.

I will FaceTime you through it if you're really intimidated but I'm telling you, it's adult legos. It's totally doable with just a YouTube tutorial and a read of your case's manual.

ImaLawy3r

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 6, 2019
Also recently failed as a PC gamer with a Dell Gaming laptop.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Laptop gaming is all about compromise. I've spent a decade while I was a student living away from home with massive (non-gaming) laptops. I managed to play a lot of stuff on the integrated GPUs, and I appreciated the portability, but you pay the price in performance and stability.

PC gaming at its best in obviously desktop gaming. ever since building my first rig all i ever use my laptop for is for word processing and other work-related things.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
I'll reiterate what others have already said, gaming laptops are not great regardless of what people try to tell you. Are they portable? Yes. Are they going to run games as well as a similarly specced non-laptop PC? Absolutely not. Whatever your think you're going to get out of a gaming laptop, it's best to turn down that expectation a couple notches, and you won't feel burned.

As for the other experiences you describe, and had a pretty terrible time with FFXV on PC until after a number of patches. That game never felt great. Then again, the whole reason I got it on PC was because I found the performance on PS4 Pro to be pretty abysmal.

For me, the cost of upgrading is the main deterant. PC graphics card prices are bonkers right now. That's what has me thinking about next gen consoles. But forgoing some of the great games I've played there and having the option for better performance in a few years really makes me loathe the idea of making consoles my main place for playing again. I play in my Switch all the time, so it's not like I'm anti-console, but I locking myself into ecosystems, dealing with crappy UI decisions, etc really turns me off especially when all I really want to do it play games at a high fidelity when it comes to Xbox and PlayStation.

As far as comfy, I do all of my PC gaming on a TV from my couch. I use a controller or steam controller for all of it. So, no discomfort there.

Last edited:

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Your first and most definitive mistake was to buy a gaming laptop of a not well known manufacturer.

Gaming on a laptop is supposed to be a "emergency only" thing. Like travelling or being stuck in a hospital bed. To me at least.

If you want a proper PC experience, you get a tower. Honestly, given the specs and the price you paid, you'd had a equivalent if not better machine in a tower. Including a 1080p screen and kb/m (and even a cheap keyboard would have been better than the crap that appears to be on your laptop).

Lazy or not, the first thing one should do when wanting to start PC gaming would be to ask for advice on dedicated places of the internet (era included). You'd have gotten a better bang for your buck and avoided most issues.

As for FF XV, i never played that game on any platform so i wouldn't be able to tell but some issues might be hardware related. Many players don't seem to have this kind of issues with it.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
I had the same experience. The overheating didn't start right away but eventually it did and became frustrating. That plus general distaste for tinkering and getting hardcore into fighting games again led me back to consoles.

However, I had to compromise because my kids use the tv constantly. Which led to me using the switch more and more. And when I would use my tv consoles, I realized that really, really missed 60+ fps. So I bought a desktop pc. I kept the consoles around for games that did not have controller support in pc but I eventually sold them in order to kick start my handheld obsession.

Now I just deal with the hassle of tinkering when necessary and straight up just don't buy games that lack controller support. But overall I am happier.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I've never had a gaming laptop, but modern PC gaming and builds are so much better than they used to be. I grew up in the 286/386 days where PC clone hardware was mostly unreliable, and you had to tinker all the time with config.sys and autoexec.bat files to free up enough memory to run your games. Then you had to hope your hardware was supported, if you were even fortunate enough to have hardware like an EGA/VGA card or a sound card. And if you had something like a Gravis Ultrasound instead of a SoundBlaster, that meant even more tinkering "fun" and compatibility issues. Of course, this was 30 years ago, give or take, which is an insane realization as I type this. LOL

These days, I play on everything. I tend to prefer consoles due to there being less distractions on them, but I enjoy all platforms. I'm itching to build a new PC, but am going to wait until the next wave of video cards.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017

You should also tell people how your PC nearly burned half your house when you tried to boot it.

Deleted member 21858

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Gaming laptops are garbage, I had one like 7 years ago. Expensive and small hardware problems can be a pain in the ass to fix, and, on top of that, they will never run a game as well as a good desktop. Gaming laptops somehow manage to be worse than consoles.

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
Pc for me is comfy as a console so I don't understand what you are saying. To me pc is my main platform since now is a full Xbox too and it will be like that next gen.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
I mean, I never fully stepped away from console gaming. I've always owned at least one current console along with my PC if not 2-3. I will say, my PC gaming has sort of become isolated to indie games or games I think I'll want to mod one day (or if I can just get them cheap like how I bought over a dozen Sonic games for less than $60). Most of my gaming happens on my Switch and/or PS4 though.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
LOL NO...I just bought a gaming laptop and I only use it for streaming games...I never use it to push the limits of the hardware as a main gaming platform.

Also as others have said, you could have gotten a desktop at half that price that would have worked just as well, plus you would be able to upgrade it easily.

Deleted member 34714

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Aye man, if there's something you're trying to say, say it with your chest. I replied to a thread about my experience and what I ultimately concluded (about myself and what I like). This "ok?" stuff comes off as a passive aggressive dweeb move.
Just tired of seeing this thing where PC is this mess that you have to tinker with every game to get it to work and it really is not true so I see your post saying you'd rather console because it's mindless annoying. Honestly surprised you even considered a PC when you call yourself lazy in the same post too.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

If it took you 20 minutes to launch a game every single time then yes YOU should stick with consoles cause clearly PC is a little over your head.

Also explaining away console 30fps to PC 120+ as "a few extra frames" is a good laugh and shows even more so you have more clue what you're talking about.

Oct 29, 2017
The only game I play on PC is Final Fantasy XIV. When that comes to Xbox One my PC will gather dust. I've tried other games on Steam at various times and I just prefer the console experience.

Deleted member 35478

User-requested account closure
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
More and more of my friends have abandoned consoles for gaming PC's. Prebuilt desktops or built themselves.

Gaming laptops all sound like a bad time.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017

Like, I literally don't understand this. The difficult part of PC gaming is usually assembly of the hardware (which really isn't hard anymore) and maintenance. What are you doing where every game you try to play has problems? We're at the point where driver updates, firmware update, game updates, it's all automated, so how is everything you're trying to run so busted?

LCGeek

Oct 28, 2017
Yo, this is actually me. I made a gaming PC a few years ago, it was pretty top of the line, but I ended up just...not using it. A big reason was all my friends were still on consoles, so some games I had to get there anyway.

I think my least favorite aspect of PC gaming is actually the thing that most people like about it; the ability to tweak settings. I feel like PC gaming, especially when you have a relaitvely new and powerful PC, sets the expectation that you want to get the best possible visuals. Ideally that means maxing games out if you have the hardware, but some games just aren't optimized well for whatever reason and you can't. I absolutely hated all the A-B testing of seeing how far the setting could get, and if framerate issues were a problem on my end, or the game's end (some games just...don't run well). Literally every time I experienced a glitch or a performance issue I'd wonder if I just needed to tweak some setting, or if my hardware was now becoming obsolete, or if it was something just on the game's end. I was never able to just settle down and enjoy the experience. That, all coupled with the fact that Steam sales, humble bundles, etc all made my library balloon so much that I devalued every game, and never actually played anything for more than a few minutes.

Console experiences result in worse visuals and performance, but as least it's equal. I know that if I'm having framerate issues, so is everyone else and there's nothing in my power that can be done to solve it. There's nothing for me to question, and I kind of love that.

Most pc gamers don't give themselves an unpractical expectation that you can get the best possible visuals. Anyone tweaking games long enough knows unless the dev has given you really good console/ini and engine access you're at the mercy of how the engine is left for you. Max is relative cause you may not be able to get there.

Also there are plenty of topics here discussing why that is bad and how it goes wrong. This digital foundry video on red dead redemption 2 easily explains how this is wrong and why it is wrong. Maxing doesn't work because as it has been discussed here in depth and other places often times those max settings haven't been optimized and will literally eat any power your cpu or gpu offers to it.

Most of gripes here are self inflicted wounds you could've avoided knowing more or not thinking that you as a consumer could address something that MS as firmware maker is still figuring out or that companies with millions and billions of dollars haven't figured out well on the pc platform. You never settled down cause you kept picking at a scab like a dunce. That's not fault of the pc or platform that's all you. Unless I want to or have too I don't tweak these days. Most games have good enough auto detection you shouldn't need to tweak unless it guesses your hardware spec wrong even then only a few settings might need adjustment.

You also don't need to keep your pc next to your tv look up what linus tech tips does to setup some of his stuff. He's not the only one who does similar but he's a popular personality I know who does it. You can just use a really long set of cords and have wireless products like mice, keyboards, and gamepads do their job.

Burny

Oct 26, 2017
Is there a reason you bought a laptop instead a desktop pc?

I'd second that question OP! Why a 1400 buck gaming notebook of all things? And by the sounds of it, not a good one either.

Overall, consoles will probably always have an advantage in terms of convenience over a PC. Even though the consoles seem like little more than very competitively priced PCs with all the online and update requirements today. But if you dipped your toes in PC gaming to experience the advantages of higher resolution/smoother framerates at that resolution, a notebook seems like a weird half step. My impression is that 1400 bucks gets you a decent mid end / lower high end "desktop" PC. You can also build one in a HTPC case, that's a bit more living room compatible, like a console.

Notebooks - to get good ones - require a hefty premium over a "desktop" PC, if you're looking at even comparably performing hardware and quality. Dunno if there are gaming notebooks in the 1400 pricerange offering a better experience OP, but with that kind of money, a non-portable PC would've given you all the higher resolution and better framerates you could've wished for.

From there on, it only depends on whether you can live with the hassle of navigating through your PC OS instead of the more simplified console OS to get to your game and potentially sub par PC ports for some games.

Jan 21, 2019
I've always been a console person. I got into it during the PSX era (my first console) and haven't gone back since. When Final Fantasy XV:Windows Edition was coming out, however, I wanted to experience this game in all its graphical glory. So about 2 years ago I invested in a Powerspec 1710 Laptop gaming cpu, with a GTX-1070 and a g-sync screen. It cost be a hefty 1400 dollars. I thought this would be good enough to perform significantly better than my ps4 pro. And, to some extent, it did. It ran at 1080p at close to 60 fps.

That's when the problems started. First, the damn laptop would overheat... like crazy. This is even after purchasing a laptop cooler, turning laptop fans on high, and lowering the cpu voltage. I then was forced to constantly watch the temps which would ruin immersion for me and was very distracting. This is perhaps made worse by the crappy Powerspec design, but I imagine this is still sorta a problem with many other gaming laptops. Secondly, the game would hitch up even with an SSD. Third, there were tons of weird color banding issues that didn't get resolved until about 1.5 years later. Fourth, there were controller issues making it worth properly with steam. Fifth, the controller would constantly shift between Steam icons and xbox icons and so it would cause even more hitching. To try to fix some of these things, I tried the Special-K mod but it was at that point where I realized, this is not worth it.

The high cost to PC game, the complexities of all the issues, the overheating, the bootleg fixes for the small problems.... all of this tired me out and made me say to myself, "I'll stick with my Ps4pro." I loaded up Final Fantasy XV again recently, and of course it does not run with as high FPS as it did on my PC, but in many ways it runs smoother and is just stress-free.

I know you might say, "Well, if you bought a better laptop with a better graphics card...." but at that point in time that would have been significantly more money than the $1400 I paid. Considering at the time you could get a ps4pro for 350-400 dollars, a 40-50 dollars for a ps4pro ssd... it really doesn't make much sense to me. Perhaps some games run ok, perhaps some don't. But that level of inconsistency is very stressful, and it seems to me that ps4 games generally run decently well even in certain badcases (Jedi Fallen Order).

I really tried to make this work. I feel like I spent a lot of money on a machine that ended up not even being nearly as powerful as required. I could get a close-enough experience hassle-free with a console instead.

Just thought I'd share my experience. Any thoughts?

No matter what PC elitists try to tell you, PC gaming is a hassle. I recently joined in on the fun, having kept up with the tech for multiple years. And yeah it is awesome, but whatever is awesome comes with a load of problems. First I had problems with sound and my sound system, then I had to give up on HDR because that is a shit show on PC. Then I had trouble with multiple games. I think the number of games where I had to tinker with ini files outgrows the ones that worked perfectly. Then the overclock of my CPU was making problems with headset sound, so I had to change some stuff. And I could go on for hours. XMP is not working even though my RAM, MB and CPU should support it. I spent 7 hours fixing Alice: Madness Returns. I had to install foreign dll files to get 5.1 audio from Alien Isolation. Recently I gave up on a game because it wouldn't launch (Assassin's Creed syndicate on EGS).

And sometimes the solution to those problems is not even obvious, with Alice 1, I don't even know what fixed my resolution problems.

So yeah, a lot of hassle but on the other hand, when it works, it's awesome. Playing Control at 60fps felt great. But I totally get people not wanting to tinker. I am at a point in my life where a couple of hours of tinkering is tolerable. I can't imagine how pissed I would be if a game gave me a headache while I have real responsibilities that make gaming time a luxury.

Also, I don't like this feeling that what I am playing could run better, smoother, prettier if only I tinkered a little more. On console, you get just the game and that's it, you can completely forget settings, framerate, overclocke and so on. Just gaming.

So yeah, consoles are great. PC are great too and both have their strengths and weaknesses.

Last edited:

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
I invested in a Powerspec 1710 Laptop […] That's when the problems started. First, the damn laptop would overheat... like crazy.
I'm sorry to hear about your problems, but this is more of an "I bought a no-name-brand laptop and it was bad" post than it is a "PC gaming isn't for me" one.
I've never even heard of Powerspec, and if it was overheating I'd return it immediately.

I imagine this is still sorta a problem with many other gaming laptops.
It shouldn't be if you buy from a reputable brand. But those are expensive.

I know you might say, "Well, if you bought a better laptop with a better graphics card...." but at that point in time that would have been significantly more money than the $1400 I paid.
Did you actually need a laptop though? You typically spend significantly more for a gaming laptop of equivalent hardware to a desktop system - and then you're stuck without an upgrade path later.
And if it doesn't cost that much more than an equivalent-spec desktop, I'd be asking why that is and would expect problems.

I do get the appeal: it's a small and portable system - smaller than SFF PC builds (which have their own problems) but I'd never recommend one.
I've always been of the opinion that gaming laptops are for business people that spend most of their year traveling and spending their time in hotels, or people where money is no object and it fits a specific requirement.
Because it's always a compromise; both as a laptop, and as a gaming system.

I should add that you all seem to only be addressing the OVERHEATING issue. All the other issues seem to remain as greater threats to PC gaming than console... right?
Many of the problems you listed could be specific to that machine, or laptop gaming in general - since they are often power-constrained. Stuttering is going to be more common on a low-wattage laptop CPU than a desktop CPU for example.

100% lol. But for me it's literally about the comfort of sitting on the couch.
I bought a new desk chair and it's still not nearly as comfortable as the couch.
  1. You can connect your PC to the TV. You can use HDMI, HDBaseT (Ethernet), or stream it.
  2. You can use controllers to play games on the PC.
  3. You can get lapboards if you don't like controllers:
indexvfkki.jpg

Really, you've never just installed a game and been playing it without spending 20 minutes to make it work?
This is how it should be most of the time:
Here's a video of me launching and configuring The Witcher 3 after a fresh install earlier today. You can see from Steam that it hasn't been launched since 2018 so this was not set up in advance.
Watch my confusion as I say to myself "hey, this doesn't look right" after loading up a save and then spend hours poring over the graphics options before I can play the game.

Welcome to the start of my video series detailing how difficult it is to "just play the game" on PC with all the production values that zero planning and 60 seconds of editing gets you, as I wait for another project to render out in the background.
I'm only half-joking. It's a project I've actually thought about doing for a while now thanks to this forum blowing things way out of proportion.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
You know, sometimes I think Era is well informed when it comes to technology be it hardware or software, especially relating to gaming. But whenever pc threads pop up, I'm just proven wrong immediately. ( I'm not getting at you OP)

FanZeroEx

Jan 29, 2019
Don't buy a laptop for PC gaming. If you're not into building your own PC look at prebuilt ones.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Most pc gamers don't give themselves an unpractical expectation that you can get the best possible visuals. Anyone tweaking games long enough knows unless the dev has given you really good console/ini and engine access you're at the mercy of how the engine is left for you. Max is relative cause you may not be able to get there.

Also there are plenty of topics here discussing why that is bad and how it goes wrong. This digital foundry video on red dead redemption 2 easily explains how this wrong and why it is wrong. Maxing doesn't work because as it has been discussed here in depth and other places often times those max settings haven't been optimized and will literally eat any power your cpu or gpu offers to it.

Most of gripes here are self inflicted wounds you could've avoided knowing more or not thinking that you as a consumer could address something that MS as firmware maker is still figuring out or that companies with millions and billions of dollars haven't figured out well on the pc platform. You never settled down cause you kept picking at a scab like dunce. That's not fault of the pc or platform that's all you. Unless I want to or have too I don't tweak these days. Most games have good enough auto detection you shouldn't need to tweak unless it guesses your hardware spec wrong even then only a few settings might need adjustment. I

You also don't need to keep your pc next to your tv look up what linus tech tips does to setup some of his stuff. He's not the only one who does similar but he's a popular personality I know who does it. You can just use a really long set of cords and have wireless products like mice, keyboards, and gamepads do their job.
Yeah, I know all this lol. I appreciate the advice, but my PC is long sold, I wasn't using it. I don't really miss it at all

LCGeek

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I know all this lol. I appreciate the advice, but my PC is long sold, I wasn't using it. I don't really miss it at all

it's not advice I'm calling out how unnecessary some of it was. Others users can benefit from getting rid of that notion you have and leanring to avoid so it's not just for you.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately your biggest problem might be the Laptop. Most people don't include Laptops when they talk about "PC Gaming" for various reasons. PC Gaming is usually a tower with way too much RGB stuff in it, around it and too many monitors connected to it (because RGB makes stuff faster and you can never have enough screens).