• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
yeah..

the broken (intended) textures actually stopped me from continuing with the game.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I'm pretty sure it's a hardware issue. Digital Foundry upgraded the PS4 Pro hard drive and textures fully loaded in time when running around.

You can see for yourself at the 9 minute mark.

youtu.be

The Ultimate PS4 Pro: 8TB SSD Upgrade - Can We Fix Loading Times And Texture Pop-In?

Between The Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 we've seen some exceptional loading screens on PS4 owing to its mechanical HDD. Equally games like Final Fantasy 7 Remake...

I have an SSD in my PS4 Base but textures never really popped in, I even stood around a lot in the sums and near walls. Maybe it's a combination of the Pro and the SSD.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
The pandemic must have hit Creative Business Unit I hard. Since Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory is slated for this year and is multiplatform, I'm thinking resources for Remake's post launch support were directed elsewhere. Then there's the matter of the new consoles launching this fall.

As someone that bought it day 1, I'm peeved that there probably won't be a patch until the PS5 release, but I can understand why.

Last edited:

Calabi

Oct 26, 2017
If they re release a definitive remake edition on PS4 with all updates and extras and charges 40 quid or you have to pay that for a PS5 update version. I will despise Square and never buy another game from them again.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Kinda embarrassing that the PS2 textures are what they they intended for the final product. So much for people saying they would fix it later. Not surprising though, the Nier port on PC was rubbish and they stuff all to improve it either.

Deleted member 50232

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Funnily enough I was thinking about this yesterday, when I was browsing through my PS4 dashboard and saw the game was still on version 1.00.

I remember in the week up to launch, lots of people were convinced there was going to be a day one patch that would address some of the lower res textures in the game.

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
I am surprised it hasn't had at least one. Like many, I hit that stupid vent bug, so I had assumed at least that was patched by now. No excuse at this point and will remain a ding against an otherwise solid game.

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It was their intention to make the slums look like shit. The unloaded textures give it some meta spice. Or could be Covid related. I dont know.

FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019
It's been five months. I'm surprised.

But then, I'm not. The issues in the game aren't game breaking and SE is historically slow to patch even game breaking issues. FFVI on Android had a bug for quite some time that prevented starting the game on many devices.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
I would have expected a patch at this point, but they're also a bit infamous for taking their sweet time when/if they patch games at all. FFIII on Steam got a patch a few months ago, and that was years after release.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
I had no idea there wasn't a patch, but aside from a few weird graphical things like the door and some other textures that aren't coming to memory, the game overall ran like a dream (on my base PS4). I'm sure one will happen eventually.

Blugrass

Oct 25, 2017
hopefully we get some patches or even content additions when it hits other platforms next year

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017
Maybe the textures were just meant to look like and it isn't something that can't be fixed, as for the glitches that's more likely to get a fix eventually.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
It's Square Enix MO
They did with Nier Automata on PC despite selling millions on the platform.

They don't care as long as they sold a lot.

Eh, it really depends.

Final Fantasy XV received a lot of patches post launch and really good ones too. Although they never fixed framempacing which was always annoying.

SuzanoSho

Dec 25, 2017
I'm not asking for new content or anything major - but the game has been out for a while now and as far as I'm aware is still on version 1.00.

There were rumors a long time ago about SE working on a patch 1.1 - but there's been absolutely no word about that in a long time.

I wonder what the hold up is. Other games that came out after FF7 remake have already gotten multiple small patches to fix minor bugs and such.

I think the texture on that one door in the slums could use some support.
It's not even just one door for me. Throughout the entire game, there are bad/LOD-like textures, no matter how long I stay in one spot. The game is an eyesore so much of the time, and the HDR is absolutely terrible...

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
There were rumors a long time ago about SE working on a patch 1.1 - but there's been absolutely no word about that in a long time.

There were a lot of people claiming that the game would get a patch to fix all the obvious problems, but I think all those people were just speaking from their gut. There was never really a rumor that I am aware of, just people trying to deflect criticism. "Stop talking about the door, guys. It is obviously going to be fixed with a patch!" That kind of thing.

It is interesting that they didn't clean up a few of those issues, though. It wasn't like it needed FFXV amounts of work, there are just a few things that needed polishing.

As is, it is an extremely beautiful game that is occasionally shockingly ugly.

Both KH III and FF VII are really polished games. Maybe that's a Nomura thing.

But a patch to fix the texture issues would be good.

I haven't played Kingdom Hearts 3, so I can't speak on that game, but I wouldn't call Final Fantasy 7 Remake "really polished". It isn't a complete train wreck like Final Fantasy XV was, but it still has a number of technical issues and rough spots. It exists in the space between polished and unpolished.

Last edited: