• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
I'm only doing the Midgar portion, largely for timing reasons (Persona 5 Royal and then the actual remake). Last time I played this was in 2017 on the PS4, now on Switch.

I'm always surprised how much I enjoy this portion of the game. Sure, the translation is awkward (even the remaster's), but the way the world is exposed and explained always makes me curious even though I know the story already. I hope they keep this feeling in the remake.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
Not yet, but I 100% plan to play the Midgar part like you, as it's short enough and a major part of my interest in the remake is really in contrasting the two versions. I'll also actually be booting up my Switch copy of the game. Last time I played was in 2015 when they released the game on PS4, and that was my second playthrough.

Caja 117

Oct 25, 2017
I actually started since a while already and im already way pass Midgar and about almost 100 hours of play time, i really couldn't contain myself to just leave it at Midgar!

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I played it last year on PS3 but I kinda want to pick up the Switch version. The lack of borders drives me crazy though.

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland
I'm actually planning to play FFVII and finish entire game before I'll even start Remake. I always loved seeing first hand what changed between reimaginings like this, so playing those games in a shorter span of time will be exciting experience.

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
I'm just gonna play the original on my vita. Didn't like the demo of the remake.

But there's nothing new there as I play the game pretty much every year. It's usually my summer game

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, and it's making me happy we are getting a remake. I hadn't played in probably 15 years or so and it hasn't aged that great imo. Or maybe because I am trying to rush through before the Control DLC comes out, I am having a tough time enjoying it.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
I did! Just re-beat the game about a week before the demo came out. I'm officially prepared!

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Speaking of translation, how are fan translations for VII?

I might do that instead of playing the same old game again

Shalashaska

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yup, I just finished it about a month ago. First time in close to a decade. Still holds up, but I am glad they added a 3x speed option to the Switch version.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be replaying the whole game soon. I'm just waiting for New Threat 2.0 to come out later this month.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
No. I haven't played Final Fantasy VII in probably close to 20 years. I really hate the Midgar part of the game. It's such a slow and boring slog. It's a pain to go through. The thought of going through it always keeps me from replaying the game.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Ya, I will probably do between the start and getting to Kalm this weekend. :) Game is still fun and looks nice on a Switch Lite screen.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yup. It reignited my passion for the whole series really so I ended up getting a bunch on my phone and Switch.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I was planning on stopping after Midgar, but then just decided to 100% the whole game, lol.

Even took some notes to try to keep track of things that are shifted or altered in the remake.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I'm currently replaying all of FFVII and I just got to "Disc" 2 on Switch. It's genuinely surprising every time I play through the game just how short and linear that part of the game can be. It always feels bigger in memory than in reality.

GrazGamer

Oct 27, 2017
I just picked it up again on my Vita after starting about 11 years ago and having completed it at release.

Played right through to the end this evening actually. Only just realised what half the mechanics were before hitting Cosmo Canyon again. Oh that's what AP is lol Suffice it say I did a bit of grinding, got my golden Chocobo and Knights, maxed a lot of my materia and kicked serious arse in the cave. Was done within the hour, didn't die once.

Loved every minute and now onto Crisis Core which I put off until completing this play through, since release.