• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SchuckyDucky

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
I used to watch this show every time I was home sick from school. I was recently reminded of its existence because a complication of the host asking random questions was recommended to me on YouTube .

Essentially, the show is a series of short stories that are either completely fabricated or are loosely based on something that actually happened. You are supposed to try and guess which ones are the real ones and which are fake.

I always thought it was a fun concept for a show.

Anyone else remember it?

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I saw a tweet talking saying to play that video at 50% speed and he sounds like a drunk stranger trying to strike up a conversation.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I legit loved it as a kid, used to really freak me out at times. Having watched some episodes more recently it's still fun but it's more because of the bad acting and ridiculous story lines.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
There was an episode that scared the fuck out of me as a kid, where a boy was afraid of a monster in his closet, and everyone was making fun of him, until his brother went into the closet and disappeared forever, and the show said it was real.

It obviously wasn't real, but goddamn did it scare me.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
My family and I used to watch this together when I was a kid, we'd all have pencil and paper and write if we thought the story was fact or fiction.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I used to watch this show every time I was home sick from school. I was recently reminded of its existence because a complication of the host asking random questions was recommended to me on YouTube .

Essentially, the show is a series of short stories that are either completely fabricated or are loosely based on something that actually happened. You are supposed to try and guess which ones are the real ones and which are fake.

I always thought it was a fun concept for a show.

Anyone else remember it?

Yep.

Do you remember Rescue: 911 and Unsolved Mysteries?

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, my sister and I loved this show.

There was a story, "The Red-Eyed Beast" if I recall the name correctly, where the final image freaked me the fuck out. Pretty much, a kid trying to sleep keeps seeing red eyes in the dark, then the nature of the beast is revealed and shit, it's still burned in my brain.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, my sister and I loved this show.

There was a story, "The Red-Eyed Beast" if I recall the name correctly, where the final image freaked me the fuck out. Pretty much, a kid trying to sleep keeps seeing red eyes in the dark, then the nature of the beast is revealed and shit, it's still burned in my brain.

I remember that one! They used the ending image when they asked the audience if they thought it was fact or fiction. And then they came back and said it was Fact.

It was such bullshit but it creeped me out even more when they suggested it actually happened like in the story.

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
I remember that one! They used the ending image when they asked the audience if they thought it was fact or fiction. And then they came back and said it was Fact.

It was such bullshit but it creeped me out even more when they suggested it actually happened like in the story.

Found it...

Okay, bedtime.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
Of course I remember. The best was when there was some clearly bullshit story about an alien abduction or ghost sighting and then it came up "FACT" because "similar events were actually reported in 1970."

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I loved this show as a kid. The story with the woman who's cursed to look ugly every though she's beautiful scared the SHIT out of me.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I have a memory of being, like, 7 and watching an episode with a grill that would turn on by itself.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I loved LOVED loved this show when I was younger and for the life of me I can't remember a single episode. I'm afraid to watch any in case they have no aged well.