• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
If it's iam8bit, at least we can be sure that whatever the product is, we'll get it in 6-9 months time. ;)

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
OiqCmXh.jpg

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
hmmm, based on the iam8bit twitter, it does look like they have some kind of working relationship with Microsoft. Could be related, could just be me looking for patterns.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
I've yet to see anyone take photos of the postcards and try to actually put them into Photoshop and mess with the exposure to see if something's hidden in the design, I could be totally wrong and that could be a waste of time, anyone think it's worth it?

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
They're not very well designed.

I'm surprised no ones caught anyone delivering them on a ring camera.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
They're not very well designed.

I'm surprised no ones caught anyone delivering them on a ring camera.
Obviously this was sent through a mass mailing type of company so it'd be delivered as regular mail. There's almost a 0% chance that it'd be some shady people walking up to a ring camera getting caught across the world lmao

loco

Jan 6, 2021
I get so many predatory loan and consolidation mailers every day. They are getting more and more clever by disguising the envelopes to look like stimulus checks and tax returns. Honestly if I get these postcards I'm going to assume its the next level for them.

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
I've yet to see anyone take photos of the postcards and try to actually put them into Photoshop and mess with the exposure to see if something's hidden in the design, I could be totally wrong and that could be a waste of time, anyone think it's worth it?
I just messed with the levels, exposure and curves of the photo in your OP in Photoshop and there was nothing visible that wasn't already.

Haruko

Oct 25, 2017
I got one of these postcards today in SE Michigan.

I played ilovebees and the Halo 5 ARG (my team actually finished in 2nd place for that one). I do not listen to Coldplay.

Recently I made my first iam8bit purchase:
www.iam8bit.com

Blaseball: DISCIPLINE 2xLP Vinyl Soundtrack (Music by "the garages")

2xLP gatefold jacket with marbled vinyl. Includes a mystery vintage style trading card. Music by "the garages". iam8bit creates unique, exclusive and limited merchandise. Collector’s Edition physical games to vinyl soundtracks, fine art prints and beyond.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
I got one today, in the Chicagoland area, have also purchased from Iam8Bit before.

I got one of these postcards today in SE Michigan.

I played ilovebees and the Halo 5 ARG (my team actually finished in 2nd place for that one). I do not listen to Coldplay.

Recently I made my first iam8bit purchase:
www.iam8bit.com

Blaseball: DISCIPLINE 2xLP Vinyl Soundtrack (Music by "the garages")

2xLP gatefold jacket with marbled vinyl. Includes a mystery vintage style trading card. Music by "the garages". iam8bit creates unique, exclusive and limited merchandise. Collector’s Edition physical games to vinyl soundtracks, fine art prints and beyond.

So it's almost confirmed-but-not-confirmed that this is gaming/possibly iam8bit related, thanks for letting us know!

(edit) I've seen this get thrown around on Reddit so take it with a grain of salt but this is what people are saying the designs of the postcards are based off of: Sol System, Oceans, Prometheus, Abduction, Kuiper Belt, Place in Time, States of Sunrise, as well as Co-Orbital Moons of Saturn

Last edited:

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Has anyone recieved one and NOT ordered from iam8bit?

The fact that ordering from iam8bit is the ONE absolute connection between my wife and I, means it darn near HAS to be it.

When I say my wife isn't a "gamer" and doesn't like video games, I mean that across the board. She has no gaming accounts of any kind. The last video game she played more than 10 minutes was the original The Sims when it came out.

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that ordering from iam8bit is the ONE absolute connection between my wife and I, means it darn near HAS to be it.

When I say my wife isn't a "gamer" and doesn't like video games, I mean that across the board. She has no gaming accounts of any kind. The last video game she played more than 10 minutes was the original The Sims when it came out.
Looks like I've cracked this case. iam8bit, DM me for my prize.

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
I too have bought from iam8bit before and got one near Detroit today

juxjuxjux

Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area, CA
E3 / Summer Game Fest is in a week or two, right? Could this be viral marketing for an upcoming game announcement (previously announced or otherwise) that iam8bit will be creating physical copies of (along with other merch potentially)?

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
If it's iam8bit, at least we can be sure that whatever the product is, we'll get it in 6-9 months time. ;)
I take this back. It was mean.

If this is indeed iam8bit, then the cards are for a product that came out 6-9 months ago.

(Oh shit, it's an Xbox Series X launch promo lol)

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
E3 / Summer Game Fest is in a week or two, right? Could this be viral marketing for an upcoming game announcement (previously announced or otherwise) that iam8bit will be creating physical copies of (along with other merch potentially)?
Possibly, I doubt this is a game out now or known upcoming game because with how much it's been spoken about on Twitter today you'd think that by now, someone would identify the voice of the person talking in the phone call audio or at least be able to point out possible connections to a currently known game via the art style of these postcards

(edit) Someone on Twitter who HASN'T ordered from iam8bit has gotten one of these postcards

Oct 27, 2017
I got a postcard as well, and am into enough weird shit I couldn't even venture a guess what it was related to.

Randomly seeing this thread and catching up, I've ordered through Iam8Bit so...

juxjuxjux

Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Possibly, I doubt this is a game out now or known upcoming game because with how much it's been spoken about on Twitter today you'd think that by now, someone would identify the voice of the person talking in the phone call audio or at least be able to point out possible connections to a currently known game via the art style of these postcards

(edit) Someone on Twitter who HASN'T ordered from iam8bit has gotten one of these postcards
True enough. I bought that INSIDE collector's edition from iam8bit, and that also had an ARG associated with it (ongoing, too). Secretly hoping this has something to do with Playdead's third game.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Currently doing a poll right now on Twitter about this and some people who HAVEN'T ordered from iam8bit got this as well (just started this poll not too long ago):

Screenshot_2021-05-24_172009.png

Oct 27, 2017
If we want to take this as proof, that just means there's another probably adjacent connection. If we want to widen the search, how many of those people have an account with Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo? That doesn't narrow things down much but neither did Iam8Bit other than games.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
If we want to take this as proof, that just means there's another probably adjacent connection. If we want to widen the search, how many of those people have an account with Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo? That doesn't narrow things down much but neither did Iam8Bit other than games.
I could make a poll for this but I feel like I'd need to come up with simple answers so the splits aren't overly complicated
I mean yeah, there IS a very high correlation, especially for a store that I wouldn't consider super-mainstream or anything.
Yeah here's an update on this:
Screenshot_2021-05-24_173950.png

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
The people who voted never bought from iam8bit are not to be trusted.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Admit it people, ya'll have bought ships from Star Citizen in the past? It's ok, you won't be judged.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
I just got the Star card in the mail and had previously ordered Kentucky Route Zero TV Edition for Switch from iam8bit.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
Yeah!

I got one jn the mail today.

Which is weird. Since I live in New Hampshire