• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
That awkward moment you ditch Cyberpunk, FFVIIR, TLoU2, RE3R etc to wait for "console release" tier games.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
That awkward moment you ditch Cyberpunk, FFVIIR, TLoU2, RE3R etc to wait for "console release" tier games.

For me, at least, it's more to do with "Why would I pay to play all of these right now when better versions of them are likely going to be available in just a few months?"

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
No. I play all multiplat on PC anyway, and while FF7R will likely play better on the PS5, I won't be buying one until at least a year and a half after launch, unless whatever the hell Bluepoint is actually making turns out to be a killer app. If I have to buy Nioh 2 again, it will be for PC anyway later on. With Cyberpunk at least, due to its delay, I technically will be playing it on "next-gen" most likely with a new graphics card.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, after ff7 everything else is waiting for its next gen port/patch. Including doom and cyberpunk. The delays made those waits much easier

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Lots of games I would like to play when they come out this year and I never get new consoles at launch anyways.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
For certain games yeah, but I'm still playing games that arent going to benefit a bunch when I finally jump to 4K + theoretical PS5 boost mode/enhancements. I still play the BIG games though, RE3make, FF7R, and TLOU2 will be day 1 no matter what

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
Too many great JRPGs coming out this year for me to do that. Be still Wallet, we'll get through this yet.

Agamon

Aug 1, 2019
Maybe, but the actual reason is because I openly weep every time I think about my back log.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Nah. There's a lot of more niche stuff I want that I'm not confident will be ported, and there's no way in hell I'm not buying Doom Eternal on launch.

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
For me, at least, it's more to do with "Why would I pay to play all of these right now when better versions of them are likely going to be available in just a few months?"

Are we sure all this games will have a better version? With the PS5 being backwards compatible, they will probably have textures/resolutions dlcs at most. We shouldn't expect something like what TLoU remaster was on PS4 atleast.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Will wait with some games until next gen but for sure not a complete break.

Yakuza 7, Tlou2 and FF7R are day one.

lasthope106

Oct 25, 2017
Iowa USA
I'm going to slow down significantly. Been buying all the new releases for the past couple of years and not playing them. Then once I have the motivation to play something, those games are cheap. I have enough games to last me a decade so I won't be buying most of what comes out in the next couple of years.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
Are we sure all this games will have a better version? With the PS5 being backwards compatible, they will probably have textures/resolutions dlcs at most. We shouldn't expect something like what TLoU remaster was on PS4 atleast.

Nothing is for sure, but even FPS improvements or higher-res texture packs would make me want to wait. I want to experience these games in their best possible form, and many of the latest end-of-gen titles have had lacklustre performance.

eraFROMAN

One Winged Slayer
Mar 12, 2019
With BC being guaranteed, I think doing so might just lead to a bunch of time you could have spent enjoying whatever you were interested in getting wasted.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Apart from TLOU2 yes. I don't play the games I want to play anyway, I'm been "nearly finishing" Shenmue 1 for months with Shenmue 2 and then Shenmue 3 to complete. At my current rate of progress that could easily take me up to next gen. Otherwise I'm playing Rocket League and that's me. TLOU2 is the only game I will dive into and try and complete over a weekend.

OP
OP
Golden

Golden

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 9, 2018
Exactly. I don't have the time nor inclination to play these games a second time round a few months later. I would rather be a little bit patient and play the best version of the games.

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
I have less and less time for gaming, especially with kids, so the backlog really has grown. I still haven't booted up spider-man yet. I don't think I'll play much of my backlog once I move to next gen, even if it is backwards compatible, so I will also stop buying stuff and spend the next year clearing the backlog. At this rate AC:Odyssey and the season pass will take a couple of months alone...

Only TLOU2 is the one that will really sting, if it does come out six months before the PS5, but I think I could probably live with it. Tlou on ps3 was pretty rough.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
2020 is one crazy year, so it's difficult but the only new games I can see myself buying before next-gen are FFVII Remake, TLoU Part II, Ghost of Tsushima, Iron Man VR and RE3. So that's big spends in April/May and then barely anything else until November.

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017
I've been slowly leaning in the opposite direction, digging into 2020 games and holding off on next gen till spring next year. But it all depends on the upcoming full unveils most likely, I'm weak.

sxiebonjour

Oct 25, 2017
I think OP will be fine. If he's having lots of highly rated game untouched in backlog, it's possible huge hits this year will also sit in his backlog even bought on day one.

At the end of the day, games aren't going anywhere, just suit your own pace.

Gpsych

May 20, 2019
Not with the GOAT (Animal Crossing) coming out in less than two months! Ugh. How am I going to survive the two month wait...

JeRzYzFyNeSt

Banned
Mar 5, 2018
ummm not me... i plan on buying the games when they release if it intrests me. im not the gamer that cares really for top Frames or graphics i care about my enjoyment first with gameplay.. im sure the games will look and run well when they release.

gothmog

Oct 28, 2017
NY
Why would I? The end of a console's life is when the best games come out and discounts are deep on older stuff.

Goddo Hando

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
this is gonna be a light year for me with only doom eternal and cyberpunk on the docket.
I'm sure nintendo's gonna change that with unannounced 1st party stuff, but my plan is backlog for 2020

notme2020

Dec 3, 2017
Hell no not in a year with Doom Eternal, FF7 Remake, TLOU Part 2, Resident Evil 3, Cyberpunk 2077.

IzzyRX