• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do you feel about long holidays?

• Hell yes, give me more long holidays!

Votes: 864 90.9%
  • I'm indifferent

Votes: 49 5.2%
  • Let me get back to work right now

Votes: 37 3.9%

• Total voters

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I'm not exactly a workaholic, as I always try to get out of the office on time. And I love holidays, I really do. A few days off work or maybe a week at most? Hell yes, I'll spend them to play video games, bring my family out of home, or visit my relatives. However, if it's anything longer than that, it'd be too long for me and I really can't take it. Work has become a habit and I always miss it if I have a leave that long. Yes, I could have a vacation somewhere, but if it's a long holiday, it'll be full of people everywhere and I hate it. It's because everyone has the same thinking, it's a long holiday and it's the time for a vacation. I usually have a vacation outside of national holidays, so I can enjoy the places to the fullest.

It's still Dec 27th, and my work starts on Jan 2nd which is still almost a week away. I'm going crazy here.

How about you, Era?

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol. No. Love me some vacation. I still have till Jan 11th.

Raonak

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
3 weeks is perfect for a christmas break for me with a 1 week break in the middle of the year.

Kleefeld

Banned
Jan 16, 2018
No, I have tons of books to read, films to watch, friends to meet, sights to see, rooms to clean, fitness studio, sauna...

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I only got Christmas off. All federal holidays, actually, which I'm super grateful for but I don't get to experience these "long holidays" unless I use PTO.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
A big reason why I work as a teacher is the amount of days off I get. More holidays please and thank you.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like my job, but preferring your job to vacation? Thats just sad.

OP
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I honestly didn't expect this kind of one-sided comments lol. I guess I'm not normal, then, or maybe I just love my job.

But I already have, more than just one hobby, in fact. I can play video games, watch some tv show or movies all day, but it feels empty after a while. Going to movies is expensive too, I can't afford to do that every day.

I like my job, but preferring your job to vacation? Thats just sad.
Read my OP. I love vacation, but not at long national holidays where everyone is also on vacation. I'm an introvert if that explains it.

ThLunarian

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I would never go back to work again if I could swing it. There's too much life to be lived

Kanann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you do the job of your life and love it, long holiday will make you numb and kill the pacing of your work high/energy.
Doing something beside your work is a waste of time. Maybe try something new for inspiration but it still goes back to work.

If you do your job just for money.....(look at the voting result) yep, everyone on earth mostly in that position, holiday is the way to avoid suffering.

Btw, my job has no holiday. Being freelance you stop and you die.

Melhadf

Dec 25, 2017
I honestly didn't expect this kind of one-sided comments lol. I guess I'm not normal, then, or maybe I just love my job.

But I already have, more than just one hobby, in fact. I can play video games, watch some tv show or movies all day, but it feels empty after a while. Going to movies is expensive too, I can't afford to do that every day.

Read my OP. I love vacation, but not at long national holidays where everyone is also on vacation. I'm an introvert if that explains it.

Try an additional hobby perhaps? You have a week, what (inexpensive thing) did you always want to learn but never had the time? Now is the time to start :)

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
I haven't had a week off in over a decade. Plenty of people had to work on Christmas, let alone having multiple weeks off. What a silly thing to be upset about. Get a hobby.

ThLunarian

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017

Get a hobby that develops a skill. Video games don't count for this. Dancing, woodworking, metalworking, karate, hunting, painting, learn a language, cook, baking, etc. Learn to do things

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i don't mind the extra pay at the very least

but im not especially social in the first place

OP
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
If you do the job of your life and love it, long holiday will make you numb and kill the pacing of your work high/energy.
Doing something beside your work is a waste of time. Maybe try something new for inspiration but it still goes back to work.

If you do your job just for money.....(look at the voting result) yep, everyone on earth mostly in that position, holiday is the way to avoid suffering.

Btw, my job has no holiday. Being freelance you stop and you die.
Oh, I feel you.

I was also a freelancer once at some point in my life. Currently, I also have some tasks assigned to my freelancers over the holiday. Sorry.

Get a hobby that develops a skill. Video games don't count for this. Dancing, woodworking, metalworking, karate, hunting, painting, learn a language, cook, baking, etc. Learn to do things
I see. I never thought of that, actually. I'm just not an outdoor person.

I have some fundamental skills in cooking, in fact. Perhaps I can learn some more so I can help my wife more often.

PlzUninstall

Oct 30, 2017
You've been indoctrinated by work!

I had two days off and I was back in yesterday. Give me more holidays. Thanks.

bombermouse

Oct 25, 2017
It's difficult but we have been indoctrinated to not know how to enjoy leisure time.

Focus your creative energy into a hobby, not just consuming entertainment.

DeadlyVirus

Oct 29, 2017
Unless you own your own business, I don't know why you would eager to get back to making other people rich

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Corporate already rotting some of us brain, these holiday not even nearly enouÄŁh.

OP
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Corporate already rotting some of us brain, these holiday not even nearly enouÄŁh.
Oh hey. It's been a while, apa kabar? :P

Actually, it's not a corporate, I work at a small startup company. Anyway, what do you do to spend your holiday? Traffic jams everywhere on the road, the malls are boring, and vacation spots are too crowded. I'd rather just stay at home.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck no, I'm back to work today and it's awful, nothing to do. Luckily we're on skeleton staff and I get Monday and Tuesday off!

Fuck working man it's awful. I want to live my life.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Oh hey. It's been a while, apa kabar? :P

Actually, it's not a corporate, I work at a small startup company. Anyway, what do you do to spend your holiday? Traffic jams everywhere on the road, the malls are boring, and vacation spots are too crowded. I'd rather just stay at home.
Well as someone that live in rural area. Its basically the opposite. More rowdiness at holiday is welcomes

I dont even aware the OP is you btw xD.. so I guess my post is invalid, oh well. StilÄş screw the corporates.

Night Hunter

Dec 5, 2017
I'd take the holidays as extra vacation days in a heartbeat, because family can be annoying.

But work instead of taking a mandated few days off? Miss me with that!

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
OP, you'd better figure this out before you retire. Get some real hobbies. Watching movies and TV isn't a hobby.

If you can't figure out how to spend a week without work, you're doomed once you aren't in the grind anymore.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
as someone that's back to work today, nope. I could do with another week at least.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Yes. Because this is one of the most boring periods of the year to be home. Weather sucks, everything is closed and a lot of friends are back to their home country.

PerfectFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
When I'm on my deathbed I'm sure I'll be thinking about all those times I wished I would have worked more.

BigAT

Oct 30, 2017
You not only prefer working to taking a vacation, your garbage job doesn't even pay you enough to go to the movies regularly?

Jesus fucking Christ with this shit already...