• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you have a time limit on how much of one vid you can stomach?

• Yes

Votes: 103 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 177 63.2%

• Total voters

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Almost every video essayist would benefit from having an editor, that's for sure.

Jeffolation

Oct 30, 2017
how come? lmao. Do you do that with any other programming? This shit is surprising to me on a niche forum like this.

90% of the time I'm using it to help me with a video game related issue, clear this side quest, find this treasure, tips for boss x. I don't watch anyone, don't subscribe to anyone, it's an ecosystem that has a specific and limited purpose for me.

I do use Twitch or listen to podcasts while gaming.

Oct 25, 2017
There's a looot of padding on YouTube videos. I'm guessing because longer means more commercials, for more revenue. I hate when people make a topic on this forum and just post a 2 hour video and say nothing about why I should spend the time to watch it.

Hey YouTube. Today we're going to talk about something that should only take a few minutes.
but first, let's explore the history. It all stated back in 1835...

Radnom

Oct 25, 2017
I'm also here for Tim Rogers

I don't mind long videos at all, it's not like you're forced to watch it all in one sitting!

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
An hour is usually my limit, if I watch longer I'll usually break it into installments but I'll probably have to have first enjoyed a shorter vid by the same channel to give some multi hour vid a chance.

This is not just for YouTube though, I rarely watch movies anymore either and I never binge TV series.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Depends in the subject.

Currently watching 30 minute urbex video's and Dan Bells's Another Dirty Room series and it's fantastic. Can't get enough.

Defunctland is also very good long format.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
I have no issues with it since I feel like I can pause at any time or even do something else simultaneously depending on the video. For me there's a smaller barrier to watch a 4 hour Youtube video than a 90 minute movie.

Deleted member 5127

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've actually been enjoying long YouTube vida lately, I wonder if I'll keep enjoying them outside of lockdown/corona.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
I won't ever watch any lengthy video on YouTube, especially one posted by some random nobody. That goes double for when someone posts one of these things as an OP on here and then spends zero effort explaining why anyone should waste a moment of their time on it.
Same. "Hey, watch this 3 hour thesis on why that one game you like sucks."

danlher

Nov 1, 2017
25 mins is my limit. 10-15 is the magic number for me.

I've watched a couple of longer vids like The Making of TLoU or Raising Kratos, but those are the exceptions.