• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just beat RDR2 this morning (home sick) and I just decided to watch the intro to RDR on YouTube...I think I might play through the whole game now just to see what happens to Dutch and Bill. Never finished it last gen and it looks really nice on One X.

Anyone else do the same thing?

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If you never finished it, you might as well considering where RDR2 leaves off chronologically. It's a good game and still plays well today. Crazy to think it's almost a decade old.

OP
OP
MrMephistoX

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you never finished it, you might as well considering where RDR2 leaves off chronologically. It's a good game and still plays well today. Crazy to think it's almost a decade old.

Good to know it holds up...I got the good ending and went through the credits and dumped back to the ranch. Did I miss anything?

PROh1bited

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking about doing it while playing RDR2, but I kinda got burnt out after finishing it. I'll probably play it in a few months.

Deleted member 54320

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 28, 2019
London
Yep, and I had a hard time enjoying it due to how slow the start of the game is. I had already completed it back when it was released but its not really a game I can get back into it.

denpanosekai

Oct 28, 2017
I did for about 30 mins. Rdr2 might be clunky but rdr hasn't aged well IMHO. Gonna watch the cutscenes one day, already beat it longtime ago.

Zed

Oct 28, 2017
RDR's biggest problem is that it is bascially a glorified fetch quest until you get to the last area of the game.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
Banned
Jul 14, 2018
The good ending? Mind spoiler tag me what's the other ending? I've done it.
Arthur dies in every ending. Good ending, he dies by the sunset, bad ending, he gets shot in the head by Micah, good ending 2, he goes back for the money and slashes Micah's eye, still dying in the sunset and in the bad ending 2 he gets stabbed to death by Micah.

Mar 29, 2018
Arthur dies in every ending. Good ending, he dies by the sunset, bad ending, he gets shot in the head by Micah, good ending 2, he goes back for the money and slashes Micah's eye, still dying in the sunset and in the bad ending 2 he gets stabbed to death by Micah.
Ah of course, forgot about the minor choice near the end (the "2" variants).

It's a bit of a superficial/pointless thing to add, but it's nice that the game gives you flexibility

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I did for about 30 mins. Rdr2 might be clunky but rdr hasn't aged well IMHO. Gonna watch the cutscenes one day, already beat it longtime ago.

It's aged amazingly well actually. The controls are arguably better than RDR 2's and the cartoony art style holds up fine in 4K. It also has better sound design than 95% of modern games today.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
I did. But I couldn't deal with the jankiness after the ûberpolished RDR2 so I stopped 10 hours in or so.

Oct 27, 2017
I played 1 and Revolver a month or so before 2.

I never beat 2 but I returned to 1 to see if I really was misremembering the gameplay being better than 1 or not. I found it to be the better game and it also has Liar's Dice which is the best minigame ever made.

chirt

Oct 25, 2017
If I had an X I would have. I played about 2 hours of it on PS3 and it ran and looked like garbage so I never went back. This was about 2 years ago.
I absolutely loved RDR2 though, so maybe my sentimentality will push me through if I try again...

MillionIII

Banned
Sep 11, 2018
Played it before 2 and it's definitely not as good as people remember, 2 is a whole nother beast.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
I started it up and played through the prologue. I didn't want to play all the way through again just the first bit.

OP
OP
MrMephistoX

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus...7 hours of cutscenes later glad I watched RDR on YouTube. It's good stuff but RDR2 is superior in every conceivable way.

King Szmaragd

Jan 28, 2019
RDR1 is a great game and it aged beautifully. Played it for the first time about 2 years ago and loved it (a way more than a lot of newer games I've been playing, by the way).