• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if this should go in Gaming or EtcetEra but when trying to watch YouTube on my Pro, I get a blank dark gray background and the interface is confined to small black text on the left side, it's basically impossible to know what you're really doing. You can get videos to play (you won't know what it is until it plays though) but the interface is gone. I tried reinstalling the app and restarting the console. No luck.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
This happened to me before. ANyway this is has been happening for Daily Motion app for long long time and this wasn't solved. the app is officially dead and even its streaming support.

Chamon

Feb 26, 2019
Since a couple of days, some videos freeze after a while. The audio keeps going though.

This is something new and I don't know why is happening

Feb 10, 2018
Thanks. I was about to reinstall my PS4 system software, but if the same thing is happening on an X then it has to be something Google needs to address with their app.
Yeah it's weird, my Panasonic TV youtube app seems to working fine.
I've tried restarting both consoles like 3 times.
But I'm watching the debate on my TV app, the consoles can wait, hopefully it will sort itself out.
If it doesn't fix itself, I will try a hard reset and if that don't work I will try uninstallingvthen reinstalling the app and if that don't work, I will be stuck.

OP
OP
Diablos

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's weird, my Panasonic TV youtube app seems to working fine.
I've tried restarting both consoles like 3 times.
But I'm watching the debate on my TV app, the consoles can wait, hopefully it will sort itself out.
If it doesn't fix itself, I will try a hard reset and if that don't work I will try uninstallingvthen reinstalling the app and if that don't work, I will be stuck.
I was going to do the same thing, watch the debate.
I just tried launching the app on my Roku and it works perfectly.

Maybe it's some Republicans trying to discourage gamers from getting interested in politics because they think we are responsible for mass shootings ;-)

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
This is just a guess, but I'm assuming you're on a 4k tv? Perhaps it's a viewport (the youtube internal resolution) mismatch. Can you try locking your console to 1080p output and report the apps behavior then? Not a solution, but might isolate the issue.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks. I was about to reinstall PS4 system software, but if the same thing is happening on an X then it has to be something widespread that Google needs to address with their app or YT in general...

Listen, from what i understood, the PS4 App of youtube just like netflix bring their changes internally sometimes within their servers without needing an update to download like the HDR support or the ability to choose video quality manually. Maybe the internal servers are having some problems to load right now for the downloadable apps. Did you check on your phone too?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
They ruined the app a couple of weeks ago on Xbox and PS4. Everything was fine before but then they updated it and going through the abos is super f'n slow now.

OP
OP
Diablos

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
This is just a guess, but I'm assuming you're on a 4k tv? Perhaps it's a viewport (the youtube internal resolution) mismatch. Can you try locking your console to 1080p output and report the apps behavior then? Not a solution, but might isolate the issue.
1080p but with downsampling. I will try disabling that.

Listen, from what i understood, the PS4 App of youtube just like netflix bring their changes internally sometimes within their servers without needing an update to download like the HDR support or the ability to choose video quality manually. Maybe the internal servers are having some problems to load right now for the downloadable apps. Did you check on your phone too?
Yes it works fine on my phone.

Does it still do it if you go to YT through the PS4 browser rather than the app?
Haven't tried, but I'll let you know.

I wouldn't put it past them.
Haha, I was just kidding, I doubt this would really happen.

JusDoIt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
There was an update recently that I had to relink my account with my phone. The app prompted me to do so. Is it possible you missed that prompt after the update?

OP
OP
Diablos

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Turned off downsampling, didn't change anything.

Watching YouTube in the web browser works at least.

I don't have it linked to my phone.

Yeah, neither do I, I don't think republicans would hack console youtube apps.
mass shootings are not a joking matter.
Of course they're not, but blaming the epidemic on video games is hilarious and infuriating.

HalStep

Oct 27, 2017
Watching YouTube in the web browser works at least.

well that's something but be warned it is a ram hog and the UI will run like shit after,at least it always does for me on my launch model.

don't ask me why but i always use the browser for YT to look up solutions when i'm stuck then i just switch back to the game.i don't even know if you can use the app and have a game running at the same time.

OP
OP
Diablos

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
well that's something but be warned it is a ram hog and the UI will run like shit after,at least it always does for me on my launch model.

don't ask me why but i always use the browser for YT to look up solutions when i'm stuck then i just switch back to the game.i don't even know if you can use the app and have a game running at the same time.
You can't, it will suspend either your game or YT depending on what you're switching to.

And yes the web browser is awful but using a SSD helps quite a bit with OS and app speed so I can do that for now.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Not sure if this should go in Gaming or EtcetEra but when trying to watch YouTube on my Pro, I get a blank dark gray background and the interface is confined to small black text on the left side, it's basically impossible to know what you're really doing. You can get videos to play (you won't know what it is until it plays though) but the interface is gone. I tried reinstalling the app and restarting the console. No luck.
I'm getting the same issue on my PS3 right now....have not checked my PS4 yet.

Oct 28, 2017
Sorry for the bump guys, but is youtube not working or letting you sign in on PS4 right now? We've closed the app and deleted it and reinstalled it.

It keeps saying an error has occurred. Any ideas?

traB-pU-kciP

Mar 30, 2019
Italy
PS4 apps (in general) are pure crap; don't let me thinkig about how bad is the multimedia app in comparison to the PS3 era

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get that issue with YouTube on PS4. I get more issues with YouTube app on iPhone.

PS4 apps (in general) are pure crap; don't let me thinkig about how bad is the multimedia app in comparison to the PS3 era
Yeah no. Twitch app on PS4 for example is usually way ahead of Twitch mobile or Twitch on desktop for me.

Oct 25, 2017
I've had a problem with Youtube's account as when I signed it, I just received an error message and it said "An error has occured" with code NP-37602-8 and I have no idea what this mean.

And yes, I tried to reset the app, and it didn't work.

I've had a problem with Youtube's account as when I signed it, I just received an error message and it said "An error has occured" with code NP-37602-8. I have no idea what it means.

www.resetera.com

Anyone else unable to sign into their YouTube app on ps4?

I keep getting error NP-37602-8 All my log in info is fine and i can log in my pc and phone. Appears to be Happening everywhere I guess

lilty

Oct 25, 2017
New Brunswick
I've had a problem with Youtube's account as when I signed it, I just received an error message and it said "An error has occured" with code NP-37602-8 and I have no idea what this mean.

Yeah, I've been having this issue for the past couple days as well. Hopefully they address it soon, really annoying not being able to access the subscriptions box.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
I've had a problem with Youtube's account as when I signed it, I just received an error message and it said "An error has occured" with code NP-37602-8. I have no idea what it means.

It's been a known issue since I think Friday. They said they were working on a fix on Saturday but it is taking longer than they anticipated.

MaverickHunterAsh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Los Angeles, CA.
I'm having issues with this as well. As of a few days ago I'm suddenly no longer able to sign into my own account, meaning I can't access my subscriptions, favorites, etc. Very weird and mildly annoying, haha.

Last edited: