• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
Before the lockdown I was managing fine with my "bubble" according to covid regulations. It was tough, but we kept each other sane. Now though...I'm alone in the house for a month. Fiancee has to be with her parents to help them out with the farm, and I can't be with her for now because I work from home but my work needs good internet for that and good luck getting that in rural Canada lol

Can't go outside for anything other than essentials either, so even going to my sports practice(we had been doing it socially distanced) is a no go. I have a home gym, which has been a literal life saver, but man I feel like I'm at my limit.

Don't get me wrong - not gonna break lockdown rules or anything. Just plan on slowly being driven insane in the next few days lol

At this point I'm considering ordering a volleyball off amazon and calling it Wilson.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, been like this since March. And when I do go out I don't even know what to do since everywhere I want to go is closed.

Basketball courts? Closed, hoops removed. But malls? Open!

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also in Ontario here. We get groceries, we take the dog to the park, and that's it. I have a job so I get some time in the sun but otherwise, nothing.

I'm lucky I'm a shut in. I'd probably have gone crazy.

Singher

Apr 10, 2018
Ya it really sucks. I'm a social person and really miss just going out for a beer with a friend. Zoom hangs can only be fun for so long lol.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
Can you not walk around your neighborhood to get some fresh air?

It's tough, I know. I'm having a hard time too. Try to take it one day at a time, figure out how you're going to get through today, not the whole month.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Not much has bothered me this whole time, only thing is going out to spend time with my best friend who I miss dearly. Both of us miss each other but both of us know the risks so we're just hoping by the end of Summer we'll be able to see each other again.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Yes. Calling friends help. So do walks and exercising outside--bundle up!

alexlf

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
I've only left my house to take the garbage out for almost a year. It's made me more powerful.
Or mad. One of the two. Both?

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I'm an ambivert so didn't mind for months, although being in Texas we never had a true lock down anyway. I've been hybrid teaching since September, which means I do go to work in person. That's about it for socializing though.

I think this whole thing has really started to get to me the past month or two though. I usually look forward to getting out of the country once or twice a year and traveling, and I think I'm legitimately getting depressed that there's a real possibility that won't happen again this year. I'm a single guy, so I don't have the luxury of coming home to someone.

Browsing reddit, playing games, and watching movies is really starting to bore me, I'm just exhausted. I don't mind staying home when going out is an option, but now that it's not (or, not really safe to do so) is giving me bad "Cabin Fever" vibes mixed with "Groundhog's Day". I just feel like I'm doing the same thing again and again and again and again, and I hate it. My friends are all married and/or have kids, so socialization through online games is out of the question the vast majority of time too.

I desperately need something to mix up my routine.

DGenerator

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto, ON, Canada
My Southern Ontario lockdown game of choice was Warzone, now Minecraft. Definitely helps when interacting and accomplishing tasks with friends online.

If those kinds of friends are in short supply, look to a resetera OT.

Atlas_XIX

Oct 29, 2017
I live with my brother and my father visits when the games are on so I have people to talk to when I need it. Were all pretty solitary people so I don't have to worry about Covid since we keep to ourselves.

SpaceBridge

Oct 31, 2017
In Ontario here.

first lockdown was okayish as I managed having a roomate helped. And I had a job to look forward to going back to.
But since the new lockdown in October: I've been laid off permanently, gyms are closed indefinitely, roomate and I had a falling out which might mean I have to move in March/April.
I'm grateful for EI, but there's literally nothing to do. No jobs fo apply to unless it's cannabis retail, can't meet up with friends cuz the infection numbers are so high.

ive never been unemployed in my life. Depressing had been pretty bad since. I'm back on meds and seeing a therapist via zoom. But I'm feeling incredibly isolated, hopeless and can't even get excited about anything in March/April cuz I don't know where I'll be living.
Playing my backlog and binging shows helped a bit but now my sleep is fucked up. I'm considering talking to my doctor about getting on anti anxiety meds or sleeping meds cuz these days I'm up till 5 am and sleep most of the day and then the guilt of feeling worthless and unproductive kills me.
I've even stayed off social media cuz it was a trigger for me.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Dude....just catch up with your backlog before Wifey gets back and yall do couple stuff.

Khamsinvera

Oct 31, 2017
Not a fan of being a slut in, but I try to keep busy.

Work, home gym, games (CS:GO, WoW, and other games with voice chat) take up most of my day. Also, watch parties with friends really help.

mere_immortal

Oct 25, 2017
I've been doing ok until recently, but over the past couple of weeks I'm really missing going to friends houses and playing board games and drinking, or heading out for food and it turning into a really good night out. Whenever pubs and clubs properly re-open I can't wait for a night out.

Deleted member 279

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. I miss partying in nice weather. This winter is still in the beginning and having to be distant has become difficult. I want to travel somewhere but covid obv.

Galaxea

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I empathize yet feel jealous. I've worked in public through the entire thing, which I am thankful for, but it has worked me down to the point of feeling like I am going to break down if I don't figure out something.

Good luck staying sane, though. Journal, read books, meditate and just communicate with her as much as possible.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
I've always known i'm a bit weird but covid has really exposed it, I don't mind at all the quarantines and lockdowns. I love not showering every day. I love never touching random people or having them touch me. I love not going to family/work/etc gatherings. I love not doing idle chit chat when I'm outside. I love not traveling tbh, although I enjoy the bits where you are somewhere new and new foods i HATE the airplane parts, the jet lag, confusion/frustration, luggage, strange beds, etc.

Honestly just sitting around playing video games, looking at random youtube videos, and catching up on all the TV shows and movies I always wanted to watch but never could has been fantastic. I have never once in the last 12 months felt "i wish I could connect with more people", I do have my wife (who works remotely, and is super busy, so she is on her own 12 hours of the day), a dog I walk 3x a day, and family in the same town we visit every week so its not 100% isolated but I could honestly life my entire life this way and have zero problems. I eat a LOT less, since every grocery visit is like "fuck if I eat this i gotta buy it AGAIN later", I cook pretty much everything and nothing is ever wasted or thrown out. I've lost 40 lbs in a year and am near the weight i was 20 years ago.

Gym stuff has been a problem, I did assemble a home bench and weights but its not anything like a real gym. I'd like to workout more with machines and stuff, in a real gym.

So maybe setup a few small goals and work on them, like home gym or watch a specific long TV show you never watched. Breaking Bad, Rome, Spartacus, The Wire, Mad Men, the list is endless. If your housing situation allows it rescuing a pet from the shelter is fantastic companionship.

Oct 31, 2017
Shutdown ended here in August. It was a unique experience that will likely never happen again.

try to chill and enjoy your time to yourself, OP

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, I live alone and I've literally lost a year of my life and just lossed a friend whose been my main point of in person contact due to them deciding to out themselves as an antisemite (i'm jewish)...

i can't wait for this to be over

just want that vaccine

Gr8one

Oct 25, 2017
My brother took my nephew for a walk this afternoon in Toronto and said it looks like there's no lockdown. The streets are as packed as usual, people are playing basketball and hanging out in the park. No masks. Seems like the only people that are suffering are those that are following the rules.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I never thought I would get sick of binging videogames, movies and tv shows all weekend but here I am.

I dealt okay during the spring lockdown but this winter one just really sucks.

StevieP

Oct 27, 2017
Take up hiking. Download AllTrails, get some clamp-ons for your boots from Mec or even Amazon and head out, Ontario has a billion amazing conservation areas and trails. It's gorgeous out there, and is a great covid activity. Then play games and watch movies when you get home.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I am still going strong, I built a nice little routine for myself and I haven't gotten bored with it yet.

I think I have been to 10 different places since last March and only put petrol in my car once since Match.

Work keeps me busy and I am exhausted by the end of the day. It might be Groundhog Day but I like it.

Oct 28, 2017
Everquest 2 is a wreck. And Everquest 1 is too dated for me to go back too. WoW is too face rolling easy. I can't keep pining for pantheon.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly feel bad for people going insane over lockdown
As an introvert, I'm very comfortable and I still get to stay in touch with family who lives close and many of my friends who can join in games.

I almost want to use this as a teachable moment next time extroverts pressure me to do something I don't want to do.

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I understand. I had a roommate, but we had some serious covid disagreements and he moved out by his own decision in August.

It was kind of nice having the place to myself at first, but it gets lonely real quick. I'm lucky to have friends in an active group chat, and the occasional call, but I feel like those are so shallow social experiences it never fills the need. I keep reminding myself it's dark outside more now, and spring will be somewhat easier. Plus, strong chance I'll be able to go visit folks later this calendar year.

I just try to keep focused on positive thoughts, but to allow the negative ones come and go too, just not let them fester. Easier said than done, but it's a start.