• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
the RE3 rush job was not even made in house so its hard to be too upset
I guess by that metric, RE2 was also a rush job given it didn't have some of the content in the original and changed some things. RE7 also must be a rush job since the quality tanks after the Bakers are gone. I can't roll my eyes any harder when I see shit like this. It does nothing but a disservice to these incredible games. The fact of it is, while the new games don't follow everything beat for beat, it adds it's own flair and expand on different things. They stand on their own as their own games and they don't make their source material entirely irrelevant which is exactly what the original REmake did. For that, I love them. I can't enjoy the original RE anymore because it's an inferior product that offers the same experience, but with RE2 and RE3, I can go back and enjoy them. They didn't lose their value like RE1 did.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hell no, though shooting a zombie's limb off and having it vanish into thin air broke my heart (RE3 demo).

anaa

Unshakable Resolve
Jun 30, 2019
I guess by that metric, RE2 was also a rush job given it didn't have some of the content in the original and changed some things. RE7 also must be a rush job since the quality tanks after the Bakers are gone. I can't roll my eyes any harder when I see shit like this. It does nothing but a disservice to these incredible games. The fact of it is, while the new games don't follow everything beat for beat, it adds it's own flair and expand on different things. They stand on their own as their own games and they don't make their source material entirely irrelevant which is exactly what the original REmake did. For that, I love them. I can't enjoy the original RE anymore because it's an inferior product that offers the same experience, but with RE2 and RE3, I can go back and enjoy them. They didn't lose their value like RE1 did.
but theres no dismissing that on the whole re3 feels like a step down in quality, polish, and content from re2. sure, calling it a 'rush job' might be a tad hyperbolic, but come on, do you really think that all the voices saying that its a step backwards is coming from nowhere? while people did talk about the cut content in RE2, the reaction overall was extremely positive. like metacritic sucks, and isnt a very good measure of anything, but its at least another data point to consider. dont you think that MAYBE, just MAYBE there might be a reason people are reacting a certain way to one thing and not the other? go ahead and hate, but i think theres some validity to the criticism, even if you disagree with it.

cvxfreak

DINO CRISIS SUX
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
I'm personally not but I can recognize the potential risk for franchise fatigue among more casual/less dedicated fans.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
I'm not really tired of it, but I do feel like it's time for the series to move on and stop revisiting the past.
It was a great ride and RE2 and 3 back to back play off each other very nicely. But I do really hope that the next game to come out is RE8 and not another remake. 7 was such a bold game in the series, I really wanna see what they do next when they get a blank slate again.

Also, if they remake another one somewhere down the line, please make it Code Veronica and not 4.

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
No. It's one of my favorite Franchises. I'm glad more RE games are coming. You do have the option to ignore the IP OP. It's not difficult.

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
I personally want Silent Hill to get the same type of treatment. Throw in Onimusha, Parasite Eve and all the PS-PS2 era greats while you're at it/

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Nah, as long as the games are top notch, I am all for more RE. RE8 is looking to be mixing things up a bit anyway.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I would like Capcom to utilize more of their IPs, but I'm not tired of RE yet.

maybe im the problem idk

danmaku

Nov 5, 2017
No, but the last one I played was 7, and the next one will be RE8, assuming it's good. Capcom will milk the franchise like crazy, but you don't have to dance to their tune. Play the games if you want, when you want and don't get on the hype train, it's just another marketing trick to sell more copies.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nah...

Give me Remakes of 4, Code Veronica and a ZeroXREmake double feature.
They don't have to release every year but every 2 years at least.

great franchise.

Nov 8, 2017
I think RE2r was good, I've just started RE3r, but the franchise itself I give no shits about whatsoever. The story and the world is nonsense. The characters are thin at best and fractally bad at worst. I don't think franchises need to stay around for all time and keep getting new sequels and remakes. If you told me that Capcom was scrapping the whole franchise and starting something new that had similar gameplay, in my opinion it would not impede the quality of the work whatsoever, and in fact I would likely be more excited by that.

Oct 25, 2017
RE has a long history of wild highs and middling lows. the RE3 rush job was not even made in house so its hard to be too upset, and given that rumors suggest the next mainline game might be an insane departure from series traditions may be just what the doctor ordered to spice things up. hopefully we're in for something that was as groundbreaking as RE4 was when it came out. Capcom clearly has some issues with consistency when it comes to sequels, but it can't be argued that they aren't among the best when they are firing on all cylinders.
have you even played RE3make? Because it definitely doesn't feel rushed. It's just as high in quality as RE2.

Javier23

Oct 28, 2017
have you even played RE3make? Because it definitely doesn't feel rushed. It's just as high in quality as RE2.
Let's not even mention feeling like it should pack twice as much content, the amount of glitches I've experienced with it far surpasses RE2. It's a fun game with solid production values, but it clearly needed more time in the oven.

Dinda

Oct 27, 2017
No, could play a new one every year. But i will probably skip 8 if it really is First Person with Ethan again.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I love these new RE games.
But this abundance of RE means only one thing:

the gaming world needs GOOD Silent Hill back! 😉

Please let Dusk and Katharsis be right about the Japan Studio Toyama/Ito/Yamaoka SH!

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Not really. RE is still a pretty unique IP and I don't think the market is over saturated at all.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy fans are getting a lot of love from the series.

Me personally, I was never able to get into the Resident Evil series. I've tried playing the first game in it's original form as well as HD, but I always get killed right away. I think I just suck at the game :/

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Since January 2019, I done the following:

5 playthroughs of RE2make
4 playthroughs of RE7 and all DLC (100% in VR)
3 playthroughs of RE5
2 playthroughs of RE3make (so far)

I still want more

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
That's ok, OP. You don't have to like everything. Personaly, I think RE7 and the remakes gave the IP a much needed refresher.