• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like I'm drowning in games at the moment.

Spiritfarer, Wasteland 3, THPS1+2, Flight Simulator, Paradise Killer, Touhou Lunar Nights, Crusader Kings 3, Spelunky 2 is v soon and Mario 3D All-Stars is here in like 2 weeks.

And I'm not even playing Avengers.

Last edited:

FreddeGredde

Oct 27, 2017
I kind of agree. My "to play" list (wouldn't call it backlog since I don't actually purchase them until it's time to play) is dwindling and is almost empty now because there are no new games this year I want to play.

Or maybe I'm just losing interest in gaming.... :/

OP
OP
Ehoavash

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I feel like I'm drowning in games at the moment.

Spiritfarer, Wasteland 3, THPS1+2, Flight Simulator, Paradise Killer, Crusader Kings 3, Mario 3D All-Stars is here in like 2 weeks.

And I'm not even playing Avengers.

Gaming-Drought-Guide-Feature-Image.jpg

Kidding

But really most of those sound like pc centric games that I could never get into and Mario 3d being a ports of games I played/ still have really got me down

I'd play tony hawk if it had a gripping story but I doubt that lol..I played the ps1 version and doing tricks was fun for a atleast a hour

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
Yup. There's been nothing truly exciting for me since shenmue 3 & days gone.

Tsushima was OK but not exceptional everything else has been incredibly dull.

Re3 could have been amazing but they butchered it too much so I didn't bother.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I play indie games but rarely ( ie bloodstained, hollow knight and recently fall guys ) but the stuff he mentioned just sound so uninterestingggg like dirt or that star wars dog fight game 😪

I tried various stuff over the years but my taste really refined to Capcom, nintendo and Sony I guess so seeing these publishers MiA this fall has got me Thirsty' need somethingggg

What genres do you like?

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
You need to expand your gaming horizons so to speak! Bloody loads of good stuff to play at the moment

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
This is one of the most entitled threads I've seen in awhile. We're in a freaking pandemic, still getting decent games, and OP is whining about how they don't cater to their specific tastes. Like go read a book or watch a movie or something instead then, god fucking damn.

Slim

Banned
Sep 24, 2018
I'm waiting for Demon's Souls remake, CP2077, and Crash 4. Barely play games right now because there aren't any good ones out there that I'd personally enjoy.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Not at all, I'm literally drowning in games to play on gamepass alone.

Edit: Not that I'm only playing gamepass releases but I feel I can't keep up even with their releases.

Dance Inferno

Oct 29, 2017
Umm let me take a quick look at my backlog right here...

Final Fantasy VII Remake
Resident Evil 3
Rainbow Six Siege
Ghost of Tsushima
Call of Duty Modern Warfare
Gwent
Thronebreaker
Legends of Runeterra
Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun
Astral Chain
Luigi's Mansion

And just another quick look at games that I'm planning to get in the next few months...

Cyberpunk 2077
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2
Rainbow Six Quarantine (if it ever gets announced...)
Paper Mario: The Origami King

No, I can't really say I agree. If anything I can't keep up with all the games I already have.

Oct 27, 2017
We're past the stage now where I was desperately looking for something to play. Getting to DOOM Eternal and Resident Evil 3 was the most painful part of the year for me.

Bob Beat

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda feel like the word drought doesn't mean the same thing anymore.

It's similar to how my kids say they are starving.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
While it's slightly thinner than usual because of the pandemic,there's still more good games coming out every year than one person can beat. Not having enough games to play just means your scope is too narrow.

Oct 27, 2017
We're still doing the "spider man is dlc" thing? Sigh.

Granted, the fall big-name launch calendar still needs some filling-out. But didn't Tell Me Why just come out? Spiritfarer? Raji? Wasteland 3? A half a dozen games just launched on Switch, and had discounted launch prices too.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I think there's just too many games now compared to the past gens.

I dont consider it a issue - its good to have many choices.

Glimpse_Dog

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Its the very very end of a generation and theres covid. That said I wouldnt say were in a drought, but the output is definitely not a peak year.

thePopaShots

Nov 27, 2017
I was just thinking the opposite with THPS, Wasteland 3, Crusader Kings and Flight Sim out, and Spelunky in the near future, it's probably the most packed time of the gaming calendar.

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Not a single day since like 2010 i could think of a drought in gaming. If anything, there's too much stuff to play releasing every day.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Far from it. My backlog got even bigger in recent weeks.

^ this

I am drowning in games right now. I don't watch movies/tv anymore pretty much.

Currently juggling these games

TLOU2
Hynospace Outlaw
Jenny LeClue
Avengers
THPS1,2

THEN there's still Apex which my GF and I play literally every night.

It's literally impossible to keep up the best I can do is make a list and just prioritize.

Ikuu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not at all, the past month has given me Flight Sim, Crusader Kings 3, and Wasteland 3.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
There are hardly any games with release dates that I'm really excited for, but there are tons of games to play (both games I already own & games I'm interested in and haven't purchased yet).

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Not even remotely. I feel the exact opposite. Way too many games coming out way too quickly/at similar times.

tbassett

Jan 8, 2019
Not if you have gamepass. I'm trying to catch up on all the new releases. Plus Tony Hawk. Lots to stay busy with

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
Who makes a "has there been a drought of games?" post at the beginning of September?

How long you been playing video games OP? This is how it always is in the summer.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not for me.

I just bought Spiderman and Gamepass keeps on giving. Also squeeze a game takes me a lot of time

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm never in a drought of games. I always have games to play, but I don't always feel like playing them.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Not at all. I just finished moon, I'm playing the new content update for Hypnospace Outlaw, and I just picked up Wasteland 3. Then there's Spelunky 2 later this month. I also plan to get the Tony Hawk Pro Skater remake soon. There's a lot of good stuff coming out right now.

Jan 11, 2018
There is ALWAYS a 10 out of 10 game you haven't played yet. Try playing something outside of your usual comfort zone, or seek out older masterpieces. Whenever someone says there isn't anything to play, it just means they aren't looking hard enough.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
This is like the worst time ever to be a Nintendo fan

Feels like even the Wii U days were better

Älg

Banned
May 13, 2018
In general? Probably not.

For me, personally? Most definitely. The next game I'm planning on playing isn't coming out until November.

Pancracio17

â–² Legend â–²
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Well yeah but I think itd be pretty wierd if there wasnt one. Not only are we in a pandemic, but were 2 months away from next gen. Many companies would rather launch later with the new consoles.