• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
With how big my backlog is, I don't think it'll ever possible for me to feel a game drought. At worst I might get hungry for news/updates on specific games (i.e SMT V), but honestly it actually feels kinda nice when there's a bit of a lull in the release schedule... gives me some time to catch up, or more accurately, time to not fall even further behind.

That said, there's games coming out all the time... it's just a question of whether they're on your radar or not.

Oct 28, 2017
Wow.

RE3, FFVII, Tony hawk, TLOU2, Ghost of Tsushima,

Crash 4 is next month, and to a larger extent, most devs are in the middle of next gen games, which are just around the corner.

Be patient. New games are coming.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Unless you're only playing every big budget AAA game that's still "new", the answer is a resounding no. My current struggle is knowing that half of what I want to play will never be touched by me because I'll never have enough time to play it all.

PhantomArtifice

Lead Administrator at Final Weapon
Verified
Apr 24, 2019
USA
Definitely not, I just have been lacking desire to play recently. After playing through massive JRPGs back to back to back, I've just been playing some smaller titles lately.

THPS just came out today, we've got plenty coming soon. Cyberpunk, Crash 4, Miles Morales, etc all within the next 2 months.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a Nintendo fan, so yeah this year has been pretty rough. Covid has had a big impact so it's understandable. Still, I haven't purchased any new games this year. This is going to be a record low for me lol

Edit: Actually I did buy FF7, just kind of forgot about it.

Chocobo115

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Not really, the upcoming months seem to be the busiest ones since half a year back with 13 Sentinels, Trials of Cold Steel 4, Little Hope and all the next gen games coming soon,

But anyways, theese times are when you're glad over your backlog!

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
No, but that's probably to do with having over 30 sealed PS4 & Switch games in my backlog that I've picked up for cheap over the years.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
In the middle of a global pandemic that has the entire gaming industry on a several month delay.

A few months out from brand new consoles, which are going to take the focus.

Also, like...

Final Fantasy VII Remake
Resident Evil 3 Remake
Persona 5 Royal
Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore
Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition
The Last of Us Part II
Dreams
Bloodstained Curse of the Moon 2
Deadly Premonition 2
Ghosts of Tsushima
Paper Mario: The Origami King
Fall Guys
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered
Marvel's Avengers

... yeah, 2020 has had plenty of games to keep me busy.

Vaser

Oct 31, 2017
It sucks when all the games you're interested in have been MIA for months or even years. The last new game I bought was the Resident Evil 2 remake :/

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah. I am feasting right now. THPS 1+2 , Marvel's Avengers and Nexus War event in Fortnite! If anything I dont have enough time to play shit.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
The drought is in my soul.

Can't be arsed about TLOU2, The Avengers or any number of things I'd be all over in normal times.

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
man im just waiting for botw2 at this point. been playing chrono cross and older titles as of late because nothing new is catching my eye

zswordsman

Nov 5, 2017
In terms of new games I want to play? Yeah there's been a drought after Tsushima released, at least for me. Nothing interesting, Tony Hawk is whatever, Avengers looks like a money pit and the new COD didn't look too hot.

But I've gotten pretty good at taking on my top games in my backlog so I've been busy. Atelier Ryza is charming and I'm slowly chipping away at Xenoblade DE. After that I'll tackle Fire Emblem and they weird mario rabbits strategy game. A lot to play before the new gen.

gebler

Oct 27, 2017
Perhaps there is a drought - can't really see it behind the large mountain of games that is my backlog.

Zolbrod

Oct 27, 2017
Osaka, Japan
Wouldn't say there's a drought but there's definitely nothing coming out that is of particular interest to me, and I LOVE IT.
Catching up on so many old games right now.

qssm

Oct 26, 2017
Hard to believe anyone could suffer from drought when there are great games released atleast weekly. My "play next" list is currently 122 games long... help.

Cdammen

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
No? I haven't felt a drought ever really. There are so many many games to play. Old and new. There's never enough time though heh

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah. It's that time where next gen is coming and current gen is winding down. In fact I don't think there's anything I want until November. I sold my PS4 now due to that. I'm keeping my Xbox for GP but tbh there's nothing on there either I want to get tucked in to that I haven't already played. And Switch is seemingly in hibernation mode right now and ports aren't going to cut it. And god knows when Nintendo decide to announce some new games. Roll on next gen.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Complete opposite...so much new stuff I want to try and old stuff I've yet to even start.

unholyFarmer

Jan 22, 2019
We could have a full year of no new releases and I wouldn't still have enough time to finish my backlog.
Tbh I feel like I have enough games in my want to play list for the rest of my life. Puzzles me how for some people it is suddenly like "oh crap I ran out of games to play, when are they going to release more stuff??"

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
We're getting Mafia Remake in less than 20 days! Like if I told myself as a kid this would be happening, I never would've believed it. I'm over the moon! Basking in THPS nostalgia like it's '99! Also just exploring the world with Flight Sim 2020, I mean these games are literally dreams realized for me. What kind of games do you like? Maybe there's something you missed! I feel like if anything, the pandemic has made me super grateful for having the ability to be healthy and play video games as the world is stationary. It's a hard time, but there's so much amazing shit to look forward to!

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Tbh I feel like I have enough games in my want to play list for the rest of my life. Puzzles me how for some people it is suddenly like "oh crap I ran out of games to play, when are they going to release more stuff??"

Same, there's no way I'll ever play everything I want.

I like the hype for new releases and all that, but "droughts" are only possible if you only play one specific genre or publisher.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
Weird time to call out a drought when Avengers, THPS1+2 and Paradise Killer all released just yesterday, while Crusader Kings 3 and Wasteland 3 both came out in the last week.

Anyway no, I don't think there's a drought of games right now at all but then I'm more focused on indie and AA than the super-big budget games some people only seem to count when talking about the amount of games released in a year.

Jun 5, 2020
Just bought Marvel's Avengers, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2, and NBA 2K21 this week so nope. Maybe if you like singleplayer games there is.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
3D All Stars, Robotic;Notes, Kingdom of Alamar! I'm good.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
August had an overload of games and September is looking like it will follow suit. Can't relate OP.

Dave

Oct 26, 2017
PGA Tour last month, THPS this month, Crash 4 next month.

Things are fine.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't been interested in a new release since the last of us 2 and the first one I am hyped for it's cyberpunk. That's a pretty huge gap between the two, but I am getting through my backlog so it's fine.

Oct 25, 2017
No, this is one the most stacked years ever: Dreams, Nioh2, FF7R, Animal Crossing, The Last of Us Part II, Ghost of Tsushima, Flight Simulator, Fall Guys, Paper Mario, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater and there's plenty more I'm too lazy to list. If none of that appeals then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also Crash 4 on the horizon, 13 sentinels etc.

Whowasphone

Sep 21, 2019
Yo, can we report backlog neglect? 💔
Seriously though, there are so many unplayed games out, many of the sad and unattended in our own collections.

Type VII

Oct 31, 2017
Obviously it all depends on your tastes and genres of choice, but for me I'm trying hard to keep up with releases of late. I'm playing THPS and Project Cars 3, the last episode of Tell Me Why is out next week, as are two arcade racer indies (Hotshot Racing and Inertial Drift) with SamSho Collection and 13 Sentinels later in the month alongside even more indies (I Am Dead, Fight Crab, Pacer).

There is currently a bit of a gap for me in October, between Dirt 5 on the 16th and a load of stuff on the 27th - 30th, but there are also quite a few games scheduled to release this year without dates that could easily release in that timeframe.

Then November is next-gen madness and December will be a catch up month for me.

Oct 27, 2017
I've lost count the number of times someone thinks there is a games drought, right on the eve of a new generation.

I mean really.

Jun 17, 2018
Not really, I have quite a few games to get on with plus I have Serious Sam and Baldurs Gate 3 at the end of the month. Shortly after that there's Squadrons which is going to be amazing.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
its weird its almost fall and i ain't hype or excited about anything coming out this year

Played the avengers beta and shit was just a destiny clone, super disappointed also as a Nintendo fan it is a DROUGHT like mario 3D collection announcement was okay but man i was hoping they were remakes instead of ports and with nothing else on the horizon beside port hell

barely any * confirmed * japanese games on the horizon for this year either =/

still have a little hope for ps5 launch but i doubt its gonna be anything steller beside spiderman dlc which isn't a system seller imo, i'll wait )

but man this drought is real

What Spider-man DLC?

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
its weird its almost fall and i ain't hype or excited about anything coming out this year

Played the avengers beta and shit was just a destiny clone, super disappointed also as a Nintendo fan it is a DROUGHT like mario 3D collection announcement was okay but man i was hoping they were remakes instead of ports and with nothing else on the horizon beside port hell

barely any * confirmed * japanese games on the horizon for this year either =/

still have a little hope for ps5 launch but i doubt its gonna be anything steller beside spiderman dlc which isn't a system seller imo, i'll wait )

but man this drought is real
you're just not into games right now. there is no drought.

Sloth

Nov 27, 2017
I'd have maybe said yes, last month. But there's loads coming out at the moment.

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
I'm currently playing moon, Paradise Killer, Tell Me Why, Control, and Hypnospace Outlaw, all games that just got released, or just got expanded releases.

lolno

Last edited:

CarlSagan94

Nov 3, 2018
No?

I mean the obvious elephant in the room is that this ain't a typical year, pandemic and all that. So a lot of projects seemed to have been pushed back.

But even with that in mind, we just had Tony Hawlk brought back to life, freaking Cyberpunk 2077 is coming out in November, Yakuza 7 is almost here. If you don't care about these games fine but at least acknowledge them.