• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KingDrool

Oct 27, 2017
I'm far more optimistic than I was 24 hours ago. Especially with the Chu Chu Rocket announcement. I'll definitely give it a go.

I did see Platinum's logo on that screen. What are they working on?

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
I'm definitely looking forward to this. Being able to play on all those devices with a controller is great. I just hope the games are good.

GoldenSilver

Sep 15, 2018
Also I don't think Apple charges you to play games online. Although it's too early for me to be that optimistic.

OP
OP
WhtR88t

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
I hope getting a DualShock to go from AppleTV <-> iPad <-> iPhone is easy. That plus iCloud saves seems like a pretty good system for going from TV to portable.

I don't anticipate playing many of these without a controller.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
The list of games looks like it has some excellent stuff in there. It's a shame what they chose to show on the keynote didn't look that good.

Apple has an habit of showcasing really cool games in the App Store too.

I'm confidant in the service from what I've seen so far.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'll be there day one. Mobile gaming had some great games this year and this seems filled with good games. 5$ is a great price too

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I do like what I have seen of the games lineup so far. Plus, Simogo means the first month will pay for itself.

LazyDeveloper

Aug 14, 2019
Did they release any information about how developers will be paid? I can't help being a little pessimistic about how it will work out for most games/developers on the service.

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
It's going to be really good because it will have standards. Games will work online and offline, on all of your devices, and will have real controller support. Price is great.

I'm really looking forward to it.

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I'm getting a free year so I guess i'm giving it a shot. Will get me to finally buy an Apple TV too I guess.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I'm really excited about the fact that every game on the service will have no IAP. So much less pressure to check games out, and no anxiety over whether a good game will eventually become crap after a while because of annoying monetization.

Deleted member 3196

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mobile games have gone down the toilet in terms of quality thanks to IAP trashfires, and Apple Arcade seems to be fixing that.

It's also amazing value if you have lots of Apple devices. As a Mac, iPad, iPhone and Apple TV owner, it's insane.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's a good model. It allows for games that are just interested in being mobile games, monetization strategies and paywalls aside.