• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
I've been excited for the series ever since it was announced awhile back, and thus far reading the initial reviews and feedback on Twitter, and other articles, seems like I won't be disappointed.

I mean, it's been awhile since I've gotten my injection of David Tennant.

buenos_presagios_good_omens.0.jpg

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Yes!
I love this book, I love this cast and I hope to god I end up loving the show. It looks so great.

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not sure. I'm mildly excited. The book I enjoyed in my early 20s but haven't read it in forever. Tenant is a big draw too tho. I'm gonna watch it I'm just keeping myself in check I think.

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Not excited but planned on checking it out. Why not? I have prime and like both the actors and the source material. Worst that could happen is I don't finish it if it's that bad.

Pizza Dog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Good Omens is my favourite book, so I'm all in for this, but I do feel like the styling on the leads and it having Jack Whitehall in it are definitely counting against it. I hope it's good though.

Deleted member 2625

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited. But not just because I loved the book. Prime Video has had that damn tile up for 8 months.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
Wait this is gonna be on Prime? I thought this was on some channel I didn't get like Showtime or Starz. What fantastic news.

Slackbladder

Nov 24, 2017
Kent
Yeah, I'm hoping to catch it. Not read the book (which I should as I like Pratchett and respect Neil Gaiman) but did hear a Radio 4 series a few years back which had Peter Serafinowicz and Mark Heap as Crowley and Aziraphale. It was great. You can find it here.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
I'm nervous. I like the book, I like the cast, but I don't have a huge amount of faith in them being able to adapt the book well for the screen. American Gods was all over the map. Granted, it's being adapted by different people and I don't know how hands on Gaiman was in that, but it still has me skeptical.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I love the book and will watch it because of that and because Tennant is great.

I am not super excited otherwise but it will be engaging I have no doubts about that.

GrubChub

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's up, by the way. I was shocked to see it up earlier.

I'll wait and watch it with my wife, but figured I'd let y'all know it's up early.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Yea, it's one of my favorite books. The casting seems on point. Looking forward to it.

Kind of concerned it's a TV show, which means a drawn out plot and a bunch of stuff added, but I have faith.

Awesome Wells

Dec 3, 2017
Cannot wait for this, Good Omens is one of my favourite books and the casting looks perfect (although I would have preferred Tom Hiddleston as Crowley). Will be binging this the moment I get home from work.

Also, looking forward to the usual suspects complaining about "OMG! SJWS RUINING EVERYTHING" about the casting of War. Despite that being exactly how she is in the book.

butalala

Nov 24, 2017
Yeah, it looks good. I kind of want to read the book first, so I might sit on it for a bit. I heard Sheen and Tennant talking on Tennant's podcast, which really turned up my interest.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I dislike Crowley's eyes because they look kind of disturbing then I thought maybe disturbing is the point.

iapetus

Oct 26, 2017
Looking great so far. Not taking liberties with the source material, beautifully cast and made...

William

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Cant wait! I loved the book when i read it years ago, have recently been going back through some of Pratchett's discworld stuff so I am in the mood to watch this tonight. I saw a trailer for this a while ago and it looked promising. Fingers crossed it is good.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
Hate David so its hard for me to get hyped, but I like the idea of it so may try the first ep out.
Oh my god thank you lmao. I hate his acting style. It is way too over the top and obviously more suited to theatre than film/tv. He seems like a cool guy irl but jesus, anything with him in it seems like B-movie tier acting.

Also, this looks really cheesy and bad, but I'll at least check it out.

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
The casting really doesn't fit my mental image of the characters but since I love the book I'll still check it out.

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
Oh my god thank you lmao. I hate his acting style. It is way too over the top and obviously more suited to theatre than film/tv. He seems like a cool guy irl but jesus, anything with him in it seems like B-movie tier acting.

I will talk very quietly AND THEN SHOUT A LOT FOR NO REASON AT ALL!!!!

Deleted member 2625

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

someone hasn't seen Broadchurch

ascagnel

Mar 29, 2018
I was all-in on this until the second season of American Gods came out. Gaiman took over creative control on that show with its second season, and it got bad (and started slavishly following the book, to its detriment); I checked out after the first couple of episodes when my Starz subscription renewed.

Gaiman has creative control of this as well, and while I desperately hope it's good, I'm cautiously optimistic.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just found out about the show yesterday. Love American Gods and David Tennant, so I'm all in.

Bradbury

Oct 28, 2017
Damn I was hoping for Half an hour episodes :/ But still in, gonna try and binge later this weekend

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I can't watch any atm because work blah blah
but I did read this interview on The Verge over lunch and it was really good and made me even more excited for the show.

The story of how he hired Jon Hamm is pretty fantastic and brief
so I wrote an email to Jon Hamm and said, "Jon, you told me once that Good Omens was one of your favorite books 20 years ago. Would you like to be the angel Gabriel? This is what he is. And, by the way, he's not in the book." And I got a one-word email back, which just said, "Yes." So now I had a Jon Hamm.

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
I watched the first three episodes last night, and this is pretty fun. The downside of the show, for me, is that Tennant and Sheen have such amazing chemistry that the rest of the show can be a little boring in comparison. Not that the other storylines going on aren't fun or interesting on their own; they just pale in comparison to the Tennant and Sheen scenes.

Might try to finish it up tonight.