• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
Nah, unless it's the same place every time and it's so frequent that it's becoming way to expensive. I loved getting together with friends and periodically going out for food and drinks, whether that be the reason for getting together, or we're doing something else and wanted to get food and drinks afterwards. It makes sense in your situation since you're limited by your options and how your body handles it. I've only gotten take-out a few times since the pandemic started, but am too uncomfortable with actually eating at a restaurant.

mere_immortal

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoy eating out, but I hate sitting around once everyone has finished eating. Like, yes lets chat but lets do it in a pub or something.

Maybe it's just me.

Oct 29, 2017
Can we get a poll?

I like eating out. I moved to my downtown district for that reason two years ago. It's kind of sad how dead the social environment has been and how many of my favorite mom and pop places are out of business.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
During the pandemic when I ate out alot, I found that I gained weight and felt like crap afterwards.

Bing147

Jun 13, 2018
I miss eating out terribly. Me and my wife usually eat out at least twice a week, at a large variety of different restaurants. We're ordering in just as often if not a bit moreso, but it isn't the same. You're still sitting in the same place you spend all the rest of your time, most of the food isn't nearly as good (there are exceptions), far too often the order is wrong and there's no easy way to correct it, I don't much care for the delivery/takeout thing. Its better than nothing, but I can't wait to get back to restaurants when its safe.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I love eating in restaurants and I haven't done it since February.

When this is all over I'm going to have a seat at my favorite bar, order their fried chicken sandwich and a pint and just take it all in.

Assuming that restaurant is still around.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Before Rona took over, it felt like whenever my friends and family wanted to go out, it always had to be at a restaurant.

And just gradually over these occurrences, I sort of became sick of going out to eat? Now it's happening again, but with getting take out.

I feel like I am not going to explain it well on my end, but it just feels like the culmination of various things:
  • Food being too greasy
  • Lacking any sort of spice or flavor
  • Menu variety being super limited
Probably doesn't help that I have a sensitive stomach and so eating at various places is always a gamble for how well it will sit with it. Not to mention that I where I live there are so few places that serve decent vegetarian/pescatarian (or even chicken) meal options, it's almost always pork and beef.

So this is my view on things, have any of y'all ever gotten the feeling that you're sick of going out to eat?
Do you cook a lot at home? Or do you go out to eat / order takeout for most meals?

You can never cook too much at home IMO. It's such a gratifying thing to do, and as you get better at cooking, your home cooked food will be better than virtually any restaurant anyway.

Noel

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
I recently moved to a part of town that is loaded with chain restaurants. I normally like dining inside of a restaurant once or twice a week, but ever since the pandemic hit, we've been getting take out almost every other day. I've definitely been feeling the fatigue a bit.

RichardHawk

Feb 7, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
God no. I'd eat out every single meal if it wouldn't leave me completely broke. LA has enough amazing places that I don't need to eat at the same restaurant in the same week.

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
I spent well over a grand, close to two on eating out since the pandemic so answer is no. I can cook but I get sick of my own food literally.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
If I do it more than once a week, I get sick. I just found that out over Labor Day weekend the hard way. Felt much better once I had a decent meal with meat and a salad.

LiquidDom

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Probably one of my top 5 favorite things to do outside of the house, I love it. You're not going to good restaurants if you think the food is bland and shit like that.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like I am not going to explain it well on my end, but it just feels like the culmination of various things:
  • Food being too greasy
  • Lacking any sort of spice or flavor
  • Menu variety being super limited
sounds like you just eat at bad places. my family used to love to eat out, but it was more of a "we're already out doing errands and we're hungry, lets go eat" type of thing. ive been working on my cooking skills (ie googling recipes and following instructions) over the years and am able to feed my family some pretty good stuff. we'll continue to eat out once we feel its safer, but home cooking is where its at.

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
nah, I Love eating at restaurants, bars or pubs and do it several times a week.
Guess I am just that lazy.

Dec 12, 2017
I live in New York. Absolutely not. I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty strongly in favor of NY reinstating indoor dining in phases. If things don't spike, I'll be tempted when it starts getting cold out.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
It was like a weekly Fri/Sat thing to meet friends at a restaurant and then usually watch a movie right after (if anything good was on) and I miss both soooo much! Takeaway is fine, but some food, even when fresh, gets too much condensation in the container and gets soggy by the time you bring it home, which sucks. I miss the atmosphere/ambiance of sitting in a place (and of course, the theater afterwards >_>)

I'll echo where it sounds like it's a poor selection of food nearby. I used to live in a small town where that was similar, and choices where pretty same-sy and limited. There's so many really good options where I am now though, and a lot of dishes that just aren't as easy to make at home.