• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Been watching quite a few of these lately. Watching this stuff is super interesting to me, both because it was before my time and because of how it was never meant for public consumption.

I've been discovering a lot of very, uhh, optimistic phrases in these, too.

www.youtube.com

Circuit City - DIVX Sales Training Video

In the late 90's, Circuit City created their own version of DVD, a pay-to-play fiasco known as DIVX. I procured this training video from a group of starving ...

(had to link because there is apparently a 4 media/post limit)

"It's almost impossible to believe that DIVX could go under!"

www.youtube.com

CRYSTAL PEPSI Employee Training Video (1992)

After 26 years lingering in obscurity, here it is... the worldwide debut of the employee training tape for the launch of Crystal Pepsi! The video features tw...

(had to link because there is apparently a 4 media/post limit)

Here's an extremely 90s man getting ready to enjoy his Crystal Pepsi:

"Crystal [Pepsi]'s certainly not a flash in the pan"
"Crystal has generated the kind of following that guarantees that it will be around for a long time"

imagine a store

THIS BIG

Any recommendations of your favorites?

Last edited:

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020

Not so much training as workplace safety, but damn is the theme catchy and it contains important tips on not murdering people with your bulldozer.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There was a movie recently released (like a week ago) called Survival Skills thats some late night tim and eric shit but not quite. But its basically supposed to be some long lost police training video from 30 years ago thats filmed like its a degraded VHS tape. You might dig it. Very weird.

www.rottentomatoes.com

Survival Skills

A seemingly perfect policeman lands in over his head when he tries to resolve a case of domestic violence.

OP
OP
rpm

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
There was a movie recently released (like a week ago) called Survival Skills thats some late night tim and eric shit but not quite. But its basically supposed to be some long lost police training video from 30 years ago thats filmed like its a degraded VHS tape. You might dig it. Very weird.

www.rottentomatoes.com

Survival Skills

A seemingly perfect policeman lands in over his head when he tries to resolve a case of domestic violence.
This does look right up my alley. Thanks for the reccomendation.
My ALL-TIME favorite.

Holy shit, they aren't fucking around in this one, christ

Oct 25, 2017
These videos are always the corniest, cringiest shit that corporate thinks is soooooo awesomeeeeee. Nobody gives a fuck, we just here to make minimum wage and hope we make bus fare home.

OP
OP
rpm

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I found a training video specifically for wearing the Chuck E. Cheese costume

Who wants to enroll in Chuck E. Cheese University

ENTER THE CHUCK E. ROOM

OP
OP
rpm

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Forklift Driver Klaus is my favorite. It's hilarious.

lmao @ the fucking chainsaw drift
Holy crap I forgot about DivX. Does it still exist?
I don't think it's anywhere near as popular as it once was, but some people are still using it

Also, it's not formally related to the DIVX in the OP, the DivX codec was just named to make fun of DIVX, the DVD rental DRM thing which only lasted a few years in the late 90s (the one in the OP)

OP
OP
rpm

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown

"What should we do for our employee training video?"

Most companies: "Just get some C-suite exec to look directly into the camera and give the most stilted delivery possible."

Wendy's: "Give the lighting department double whatever they're asking for. Give the editor the most expensive editing package on the market and if they don't use at least half the effects in the package, they're fired."

Oct 25, 2017
"What should we do for our employee training video?"

Most companies: "Just get some C-suite exec to look directly into the camera and give the most stilted delivery possible."

Wendy's: "Give the lighting department double whatever they're asking for. Give the editor the most expensive editing package on the market and if they don't use at least half the effects in the package, they're fired."
Dave Thomas knew how to party!