• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Went to the dentist finally and he said I started grinding and I am now conscious gow much I clench now."ate" through an old filling.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Some antidepressants can cause jaw clenching. Fortunately my anxiety medication helps counteract it.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
A couple months ago I had to get a mouth guard to prevent myself from destroying my teeth

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I clench my jaw in general, so no.

I wasn't aware of it until I started sleeping with a mouth guard and I could hear the sound of my bottom teeth squeaking against the material.

I'd recommend a mouth guard. Stopped waking up with headaches, on the whole.

teruterubozu

Oct 28, 2017
How weird. Yes. Ever since this pandemic hit I've been clenching and grinding my teeth. Especially when I wake up I notice I'm doing it in my sleep. I don't feel overly stressed about the pandemic, but I guess I am in a subconscious way.

Costa

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I've been clenching/grinding for several years now. I think it's due to anxiety. I've been using generic mouth guards when I sleep so I don't wake up with shattered teeth hah.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
There actually have been reports of the numbers of broken teeth going up since the pandemic started.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Ive been doing it since I was a kid. I have trigeminal neuralgia and bad TMJ- I Am in the process of having two implants because I cracked them.

what do you want to know?

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Since 2016 for me lol!

It's actually gotten better in recent months as I took a bit more time to care for my health, but that shit is rough.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
lol no not since March 13.

But I did used to grind my teeth as a kid. My parents even got me a mouth guard to help me stop.

Olinad

Oct 30, 2017
I've been clenching my jaw and grinding teeth for a while now, but incidentally I've only been able to consistently use a bite guard without spitting it overnight since this March. When I started trying to use it I felt like I couldn't fall asleep with it, but now it feels weird going to bed without it lol.

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
Ironically enough, March 13th was also the day my job started the work from home quarantine myself.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Ive noticed I do this while gaming sometimes and its become a bad habit where I am doing it without realizing it, and I fear I do it in my sleep too. My jaw feels tired alot. Any tips?

OP
OP
xir

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Yeah on npr they said dentists are seeing it more but it weird how I'm noticing it during waking hours.
Got a mouth guard but can't sleep with it :(

OP
OP
xir

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
being conscious of the clenching is really weird to me, i do it the most when im playing with my 4 year old, think seeing her just stresses me out in the quarantine lol