• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I slept for maybe 4 hours tops and woke up about 4 or 5 times during those hours and I'm just completely wasted at work, with headaches and barely able to keep my eyes open.
And it's the same almost every full moon.

Do you folks have the same issues? What do you do to not be completely tired at work the next day?

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Even a man who is pure of heart
And says his prayers by night
May become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms
And the autumn moon is bright

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
I...huh. Last night was the first time in a while I slept poorly and it was a full moon. Guess I can't quite discount it, but I never paid attention before.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
FlawlessRewardingAmericanavocet-small.gif

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
giphy.gif

I sleep well - infact every 11pm or so , I feel wiped out and fall asleep easily.

I didnt even know it was a full moon last night lol

(Though it rained and thundered all night - I sleep better with a storm)

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Do you have decent blackout curtains? We can romanticise full moons all we like, but the difference is in the light level.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Full moon nights throw me sometimes because they can be so bright. I don't sleep well if it is not very dark unless I'm exhausted.

Blackout curtains OP, they will change your life.

Unless you have already become the werewolf. In which case run free my friend!

Deleted member 11822

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I defiantly have a difficult time falling asleep when there is a full moon. I tend to increase my melatonin dose, and that does the trick.

Also, I'm a werewolf.

Airbar

Oct 26, 2017
Do you have decent blackout curtains? We can romanticise full moons all we like, but the difference is in the light level.
Yeah I think this is it.
I have problems with full moon nights as well and I have the feeling that it is dependant on the light level. It is not only the night of full moon but the couple of days before and after that make me sleep badly.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I think this is it.
I have problems with full moon nights as well and I have the feeling that it is dependant on the light level. It is not only the night of full moon but the couple of days before and after that make me sleep badly.

try putting some cardboard up at your window for those nights as practice. If that helps, get blackout lining and sew onto your curtains.

I need a really dark room to sleep properly.

OP
OP
Kwigo

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?
According to a famous movie from the 70's I'm the devil reincarnated, so...
Yeah it's always pitch black, that's definitely not the issue :)
It's a supplement that helps with short term sleeping trouble or jetlag. You can buy at over the counter in the USA. I find it helpful.
Ah good to know, will see if I can get some in France! Thanks !

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
Someone call Gary Busey.

I'm with OP, I used to love them but the older I get the harder it is to sleep. The light levels on Full Moons and depending on the season can act as if someone's shining a light into your bedroom.

Edit: I see it's not a light issue.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I rarely even know when it's a full moon out, except for during the winter when it's still dark out when I leave for work.

Jeronimo

Nov 16, 2017
I don't even keep up with the moon phases. Have you tried being ignorant of the current phase? Or not being a werewolf?

I'm not sure what could cause insomnia coinciding with moon phases otherwise.

Nekyrrev

Oct 28, 2017
You placebo'd yourself or it's just a coincidence. A full moon has no special effect on people (it hasn't been proven anyway, and frankly doesn't make much sense), not more than the nearly full moon of the day before or the day after that one.

mozbar

Feb 20, 2018
Here in Southern Mozambique, traditional medicine is given to those who have sleeping problems during a full moon. Sometimes it leads to other problems. At least...that's what older family members have said.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
I have the same issue as well. I am an extremely heavy sleeper in that I can sleep through really loud noises often, but on full moons it's much harder for me to sleep.

Oct 27, 2017
I fell asleep on the couch with the window open after a hellish 12-hour shift.

Woke up at 4am, the seagulls screaming outside. Got in to bed, fell asleep again after 1 minute, didn't even wake up when my SO kissed me before she went to work. I love when I sleep that deep.

OP
OP
Kwigo

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't even keep up with the moon phases. Have you tried being ignorant of the current phase? Or not being a werewolf?

I'm not sure what could cause insomnia coinciding with moon phases otherwise.
You placebo'd yourself or it's just a coincidence. A full moon has no special effect on people (it hasn't been proven anyway, and frankly doesn't make much sense), not more than the nearly full moon of the day before or the day after that one.
I don't keep up with the moon phases, I actually actively avoid knowing when the next full moon will be. 90% of the time I sleep very badly or almost not at all, I lool it up the next day and it was a full moon night.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I actually sleep BETTER on those nights - to the point I can't remember anything when I wake up and my bones hurt a bit - maybe from sleepwalking because I'm not always in bed. Apparently the tidal forces give me nosebleeds too because I usually wake up glistening with blood.

Prinz Eugn

Oct 25, 2017
The only real effect would be from the extra light, so you could get a sleep mask or blackout blinds.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uh what?

Like is there a particular reason it's harder for you to sleep on those nights? Even if I happened to have trouble sleeping once a month I wouldn't immediately look at a moon chart for the answer.

Arebours

Oct 27, 2017
I can fall asleep at command, and I'm a very heavy sleeper. I think this makes people very jealous.
Takes me at least an hour to fall asleep. Then I'll usually wake up once or twice, most often because of my RLS(restless legs syndrome) which basically makes trying to sleep hell. About once every two weeks or so I won't get any sleep at all. Whenever I oversleep I get migraines. Working out improves my sleep, but makes my RLS worse so net effect as far as sleep goes is if anything slightly negative. I can't overstate the degree to which RLS negatively impacts quality of life, especially considering 95% of medical professionals either don't take it seriously or don't know shit about it. On really bad nights it makes me feel absolutely desperate.

I only slept well when I had a summer job with 12 hour shifts and exhausting physical work during my student years. Couldn't stay awake even if I tried. Really hated the job though.

Sleeping pills don't work on me. I literally won't get sleepy but instead I get high and feel awful.

So yeah I'm extremely jealous.

Last edited:

Solace

Dog's Best Friend
Oct 29, 2017
I slept for maybe 4 hours tops and woke up about 4 or 5 times during those hours and I'm just completely wasted at work, with headaches and barely able to keep my eyes open.
And it's the same almost every full moon.

Do you folks have the same issues? What do you do to not be completely tired at work the next day?

Holy shit, Are you me?
Does this happen only on full moon night or also applies to before and after? According to Google, yesterday was full moon night and I had sleeping problems for the past 3 nights. I actually slept on the ground instead of my bed hoping to see if anything changes. Nothing :/